Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Does anyone else have internal staples instead of stiches? Boy the last couple of days my insides have been really sore, more than normal but not to bad I think I have to call the Dr. My Dr tried to joke with me and say if I ever have an x-ray they say you have little things inside you. ha It could be more sore because I'm trying to cut down on my meds. I was just wondering if anyone else had staples too.

DeniseS I hope your having a better day today after getting some rest yesterday and a peace of mind knowing your not having complications.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 10:43 AM
LSH recovery

I had my LSH on Wed. 3/12/08

5 days post op I sneezed and felt a warm "wet" feeling in my abdomin a little left of my belly button. I had to look, I thought I was bleeding. The Dr. said that I probably pulled a stitch, all still looks good, but that I still need not to lift anything heavier than 10 pounds for two and a half more weeks. He is afraid that I could get a hernia.
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:44 AM

Well I'm feeling okay. My incision is STILL draining. I went to the mall last night. I took 2 of the kiddos so they could carry stuff for me. Thought it would be simple to find comfy pants, NOT! If I wanted to look like granny it would've. I found clothes in the most unlikeliest places.....Motherhood maternity. They're stylish and comfy...no buttons to irritate my belly button. Kind of funny! This was my last straw. My last resort was taping a sponge to my belly button. I'm sure that would've been interesting. It did learn one thing. I am definitely not ready to return to work. While my energy is getting there my body has other plans. I was so sore from walking the mall. My belly was burning by the time I hit my bed last night. I was out by 10:30 and awoke at 6 am. First time I slept like this is a long while. Belly feels better today, but my body is feeling a bit weak. Gonna take it easy today. I bought a magazine at the store to look at. Plus I have a 5 yr. old to cuddle with. I love it!

Oh...my DH took the youngest to the pet store to buy a couple of more fish for our tank. DH asked her what to name them. She says chicken and dinner. LOL! My 6yr old says well that one is going to be dinner if the other one eats it. She is so witty, makes me laugh!

Well have to fix the little one some lunch.

I'll be on later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 10:52 AM

I have a question.

I started a group for HysterSisters on Facebook for my Pass It On Badge and I need permission to post the HysterSisters logo. Oh! And the logo would help, too! lol

Does anyone know the proper email account at HysterSisters to which I can write to request the use of the logo and that it be emailed to me for use on that website?
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:33 AM

I am soooo bored too! i am feeling better and cannot stand not doing anything, well i do some things, maybe too much but i am going crazy. i can't stand TV any more I have caught up with the soaps from 20 years ago, still the same actors. i cam anxiously waiting to go to work, that is pathetic.
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:42 AM

My day is looking up, still cooped up in bed watching HGTV. So Grandma (54y young)dropped a bomb on us this weekend, she is moving to the city (about 35 min from us)...no big deal been there done that, but my DD4 goes to daycare 3 days a week and the other 2 with gma. Because of this arrange we could keep her in a really good daycare and pay the same than full week anywhere else. Luckily she has been going there a while and this is why I love them but we got a tuition break and but will still cost us an extra $35 a week....UGH.

When speaking the daycare director I mentioned I am at home and will see if I feel well enough to take care of her the next four weeks (tue & thu) due to just having a hyster....we ended up chatting a long time. She had hers a couple years ago and coulcn't stop saying how this was the best decision she ever made.

It felt really good to hear that for the first time in person...off of the board I mean.
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:42 AM

I am bored also but I have all kinds of plans for my boyfriend he doesnt know about.Like tomorrow I want him to take me to the beauty school for a pedicure & then drum roll the library!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then Im hoping thursday I can get him to take me to see my sister who has health issues & cant drive & let me visit her for a while.I haven't rolled these plans by him just yet I will wait til he gets home this evening & schmooze him. It is finally warming up here in Cleveland so its supposed to be in the 40's all week so after tommorrow Im figuring I can go out & walk the long driveway but its supposed to rain,but heck I might just walk it with my umbrella & just give the neighbors something to wonder about
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
Hey Denise I just thought of a good line for your docs.....Tell them you think you have developed Anal Glaucoma,....You just don't see your please don't override the website censor. feeling better!
(in my mind, anyway!)
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:45 AM

Tangled intestines could cause anal glaucoma! & Lord knows I dont want that I already have Vaginal glaucoma I cant see my vagina due to my swollen belly!
Unread 03-25-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea potter
I am soooo bored too! i am feeling better and cannot stand not doing anything, well i do some things, maybe too much but i am going crazy. i can't stand TV any more I have caught up with the soaps from 20 years ago, still the same actors. i cam anxiously waiting to go to work, that is pathetic.
Well, Bea...

I have added every single person who has posted in this group to my buddies list. I am wondering if as a group of active users, we should maybe check on those who haven't been in here as much and see how they are doing?

I keep the History Channel or Discovery on in the back ground and just browse the net.

I have been workig on badges for this site and have joined www.girlsgetgoing.com as well and am working on things for that site, as well.

I have found that these things have kept me pretty busy. The GGG site keeps me thinking about things other than my surgery because they encourage you to post anything related to your hysterectomy here.

I am currently working on posting 30 new messages withina 30 day period for a Challenge badge on that site. I am already up to 22 and the Challenge does not end until April! lol I have accepted 2 otherChallenges there and have all but finished each of those, as well. One is to clean out make-up and throw away old stuff and the other is about happiness. They have all kinds of Challenges in 8 different areas. Wait. 9, I think. Anyway... Theymight have something there for you that seems interesting to you.

This stuff has kept me busy and I am able to sit up comfortably much longer than walking around! I still get up and move about and such, but I have been trying to keep busy that way.

Do those ideas helpany? I am not a big t.v. fan, either, so I thought I would let you (and others) know what I've been doing to capture my sanity and ole it up - inside my brain, hopefully.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register