Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Had my TAH on 3/11 and got home on Fri. I am feeling better every day. taking it one day at a time
Tel1976
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 11:01 PM

I had my LSH on the 1th and came home the evening of the 15th. I've been sore, gassy, bloated, and very sleepy. Now is the first time I've felt like posting. I'm going to take some more pain meds soon and hopefully drift off to sleep. I'm passing a little more gas today. I've had some liquid bm but I still feel full.
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:52 AM

I had a TVH - BSO and anterior/posterior repairs on 3/10. Had a good experience overall both in the hospital and at home with exception of BM issues that finally resolved on Friday once I had loaded up on Colace and Metamucil per my doctor's instructions. Other two things - numb left knee from nerve damage during surgery and cramps in urethrea from the catheter (relief comes from ibuprophen when I take it). I stopped Vicodyne early Wednesday morning due to BM issues. Knee is regaining sensation by the day but it certainly feels weird at times.

I started with a patch on 3/11 and am glad I did. Was having serious perimenopausal symptoms before surgery and the patch has helped.

What I find is that I will feel good for a few hours then not so good. It is not consistent either way. Am sure that will change to feeling good 100% of the time as the days go by.

Best wishes to everyone in your recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 07:05 AM

Well I'am home. had a tah bso. still need to have a bowel movement. I think that is the worst is waiting.for the movement. just make sure you stay up on your pain pills to. miss the hospital bed the first night home. That is hard getting in ad out of bed. But just remember it will be over before you know it. just hang in there.
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:36 AM

After feeling like I was doing really really well, it all seemed to catch up with me yesterday and I had a bad day. I was exhausted and slept part of the day. Today seems better, will be going out for my first walk soon.

Hope everyone has a good day today!!
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:42 AM

Life is great! Had TAH (kept ov) 3-12-08 at 10:20 was home 32 hrs post op. drinking lots of juice gained 10 lbs during surgery, have lost 7 lbs. Ready to exercise, know that all I can do is walk. Its very hard not to be able to hold 9 month old granddaughter, she doesn't understand. staff was great at hospital! So happy to be home. Thanks for all your prayers!
Unread 03-17-2008, 08:00 AM

Surgery was on the 13th, LAVH - ovaries are gone but I think they took some of my brain. I just realized that I was responding on the thread Mar 3 - Mar 10. Woke up with a lot of pain. First day home alone. I took the percocet and also the colace. No BM yet should I be worried. I am not eating much - not hungry at all. I'd like to have a shower but thinking about it wears me out. I do have to work today. Payroll for my employees - that is something I can't put off. I can do it from the comfort of my couch at least. I feel so restless yet so fatigued. I really don't want to over do it - but I want to heal fast. Take care dear sisters every day is a day closer to complete recovery.
Unread 03-17-2008, 09:24 AM

Today is day 5 post op for me, I have been feeling pretty good, reading the other posts I'm feeling really fortunate as well. I didn't have any fever.I think other than the tender belly bm attempts are the worst.But I have been only eatting small meals of soft foods with fiber.I was able to bm before I left the hospital but it is very painful.& Gas is another nightmare.Other than that I stay up most of the day switching my position on the couch to keep compfy,take a little stroll at least every 2 hours & I have one nap a day since I have been home. I am very active so it is getting boring.But I would rather heal well.So my couch has the remote,library books,magazines,latchhook kit,and the laptop is nearby.Im a little bummed about Easter I usually do so much this year all I will do is hopefully take a ride to my friends house for dinner.
Unread 03-17-2008, 09:35 AM

Took my plastic tape and steri strips off today. Still in some pain due to my lovely bronchitis. Resting and taking it easy again. A friend may be bringing me some King Ranch Casserole for dinner tonight . Give the hubby a night off from cooking.
Unread 03-17-2008, 11:26 AM

I had surgery first thing 3/12. I think I had either a TVH or LAVH. I'll have to look up the difference. Then I also had some repair work for the bladder and rectum. I'm doing well, just taking regular ibuprofen, but should probably take the stronger stuff at night. My major complaint is the kink in my neck that I've had for 5 days now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register