Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Hi Ladies,
It has been a good two days, off of the pain meds. and just taking the ibpro. when I am sore. Had my first full on night sweats the other night. Woke up soaked from head to toe. I thought I was having the night sweats before this surgery but nooooooooo this was the real thing. It was all kinda of stange too, never really thought about going into menopause (surgically) before that night, I had been getting emotional highs & lows before I started the HRT patch, but just never thought about it. Anyway went out yesterday and today, and boy when my DR. told me when you do too much your body will tell you he sure was right, I am plopped down on the recliner just on the computer and can't do much, the energy is gone....... I will be glad when the DH gets home. Love to all.
Oh and that chocolate everyone is talking about. I haven't ate so much chocolate since I can't remember when. I totally crave it all of the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 03:09 PM

Two weeks and 2 days, seems like a lifetime ago!
I had planned on staying in bed today but I couldn't nap, I just itched to get up and MOVE, and I felt very guilty letting my other half do all the work for the rental apartment-
so... I helped him PAINT a room today!
... moving slowly like turtle[i], as someone here suggested, I did the roller on the walls, and he did all the cutting in.
I am very tired now, but otherwise feeling good, like I am getting my capable self back.
I think if I take each day and listen to my body I will know what I can do and what I cannot do, and not push myself too far.
Unread 03-27-2008, 04:04 PM

Man Tuna- You are kicking butt. Hope it is not your own in the long run. Be careful

I just cant imagine I haven't done a darn thing and it is just short of three weeks for me and I was type A before this.

Nothing exciting going on fo sho. Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 04:10 PM

I am feeling okay- I think the trick really is to move slowly and carefully and sit down/stop when tired.

Prior to surgery I worked full time, attended grad school at night, managed my rental, coped as a single mom, etc.
Basically I wore every hat (especially if it matched the shoes ; )

Women can do anything!
Unread 03-27-2008, 04:22 PM

I took it easy today, layed around in my bed and watched some tv, went downstairs walked around the house a little and had lunch with DH (we live 5 blocks from work and work together) Back to bed, now some recliner time.

My right side of my body is more achy today, I was walking like a old lady with one leg shorter and my arm that froze is acting up again after two days of relief... OWE
Unread 03-27-2008, 04:30 PM

Hi, all....

Today is so much better. Still a little depressed. But I went downstairs twice today and probably would go down again but the family room is such a mess I know if I stay down there I'll be sweeping, picking up, straightening up, etc. So I went downstairs twice today, let the dogs out, sat out on the deck for about 5 minutes, gave the dogs a treat, and came back to my sanctuary.

I'm seriously considering going to get my nails done tomorrow. Not sure yet. My daughter is coming over and she can take me. I'm just not sure if I can sit for that long. All I can do is try. I suppose I can bring my donut with me. I'd love to get a mani and a pedi but that might be pushing it.

I just hope this isn't one of those rare good days.....If I wake up tomorrow feeling like I do now....it will be the first time since my surgery (17 days ago) that I've had two good days in a row.

I'd love to surprise my doc on Tuesday looking and feeling good. Especially after the fact I had such a rough time where she was gone.

Anyway.....I am taking my Hyster Syster stuff, mainly the pamphlet and book to my visit with me. I'm hoping that my doc will display it in her office. Not sure what the Navy regs are on that though. But I just think having the support of you wonderful ladies, has really gotten me as far as have come. I know I'm a couple weeks behind where I could be but I'm getting there and I have to thank you ladies for it.

As a special thank you to you all...LOL...I have posted a picture of myself in all of my Hyster-Syster glory in the photo section. This is a far cry from where I was just yesterday.

Hyster-Hugs to all,
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:19 PM

hey denise where is the photo section?
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:24 PM

Go up to the top of the page. There are 6 tabs. Go to the "Support" tab then down to "Photos". I posted my photo under the second listing "Hyster Sisters Crown Photo". Not sure if it is up yet but there are pictures of a bunch of different ladies there.
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:43 PM

So bending is not good to do. I guess I forgot I had surgery today and have been doing it all day now I'm PAYING for it! Ouch! I love my new HRT patch! I haven't cried once today when the last 7 days I have cried at least 3 times a day for stupid stuff! I know the DH won't mind us paying for these out of pocket.
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:20 PM

anyone driven before their follow up appt. I should have had it by the end of this week but he is not available and I am dying to go for acupuncture on saturday. No pain meds, can turn around and even tried hopping on one foot. Cant remember who said that was the criteria for driving but walking to the mailbox I gingerly tried hopping and was succesful.

Not sure why one needs to hop to drive, thoughts??? I do have a jeep so it is already hard to get into-don't think I will hop into it however. My DH will be out of town so no cheauffer (sp)

Anyone able to sleep on their stomach yet?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register