Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

welcome ms world,

you sound like you are doing great. Don't get overconfident though.

Welcome to the hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:44 PM

Hi Ms World!

I also had an abdominal hyst, and I only stained after I overexerted myself physically.
I knew I overdid it because I was exhausted the next day, belly swelled, and pain came roaring back...
Since then I have rested and no more staining or spotting.
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:45 PM

Ida,
I have driven, my follow up isn't until the 6 wk mark and the Dc said I was supposed to wait two weeks, I did wait until I was off the percocet. I believe the hopping on one foot is a test to see if you can slam the brakes on if needs be cuz ya other drivers and pedestrians and animals and cyclists can be a tab unpredictable to say the least!
It sounds to me like wee little errands would be ok, as long as you are being smart!
Have fun driving!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:46 PM
two week post op

two weeks yesterday post op. Yeah!! I have had some insomnia last two nights. I try not to take naps during the day. I guess not doing much, my body is not tired. Went to church in the morning for a meeting yesterday. Stayed for about two hours. I was tired when I got home. I did not take a nap, but did sit for the afternoon with my feet up doing some more of that wonderful reading.

Went back to church for the evening service,(I usually help with getting the dinner for the whole congregation every Wed.) I set the serving line up, and washed some dishes. That was about all till my stomach began to do the swelly belly thing. Not as much as it did the first week. It is nice to be able to do a few things around the house. I did some laundry, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, and got dinner made, and even washed the dishes tonight. :-) I hope that makes me tired so as to sleep tonight. My DH is off to the grocery store with my DD. They are so great to do that for me. I am encouraged to hear so many of us are healing, and beginning to come back to life. :-)
I also am now realizing, and joyfully embracing the NO MORE PERIODS!!!!!
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:03 PM

Well, 10:00 an all's well! My recovery seems to be an hour by hour thing. Many of you know the hurdles that I have had to overcome. I have yet to have back-2-back good days but today was a good one and tomorrow is looking promising, too.

I think I might try to go get my nails done tomorrow and stay downstairs most of the day waiting on myself. It is one of those days where I barely feel like I had any work done. Then I remember.......I'm a quilt down there!

Tomorrow is the day I push my limits (she says optimistically!)

Toodles,
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:06 PM

I know....I still have along way to go. Thanks!!!
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:07 PM

Wow LS, you are rocking! Mopping and washing... awesome.

So I have realized that I can't have more than one get up and go day in a row. Tuesday I was on my feet too much, Yesterday I felt good so was up in the am and had a leisurely afternoon, Today my Ma in law was here to hang with the kids and my DH decided to take the day off so he and I could spend some time. After going out to b-fast he dropped me off to get a mani/peti! My first and wow, I didn't think that sitting down so much would wear me out... but it did feel great! Then after a bowl of Mac and cheese and a protein bar at home, he and I headed out to trade in our CD's at an independent records, where we had to wait and wander through the CD's etc. The meandering on my feet made my tummy hurt and my incisions pull and sting a bit. Then we headed to the grocery store for a few little thing and... chocolate cake... Yummm. Then I decided that even though I was wiped out I didn't foresee such convientent babysitting in the near future, I needed to stop by the tattoo place and talk to someone about my tattoo that I designed. Don't worry! I'm waiting until after recovery! I have an appointment in late April... I'm excited!!! But when I got home I was totally wiped out. So tomorrow the only thing I'm doing is driving my son to a sleepover! Anyway... that's my progress!!
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:10 PM

Thanks....That's what I am doing right know.RELAXING!!
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:16 PM

Sounds like a plan:

Rest 1 day, get out of the house to play or do errands the next day
and repeat!

Tomorrow I plan to laze in bed studying all morning, then maybe mop my kitchen floor. Maybe.....
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:16 PM

WOW....Two weeks post-op. Your busy. I have the insomnia thing going on too and I haven't napped for the past week. I sometimes go bed about 11:30p and am back up at 2:00a. THis is not normal for me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register