Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-28-2008, 06:05 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

I had my LAVH on 3/10. I kept my ovaries. First let me say that while I love my doctor he presented this to be much easier then it has been. First I wish he had told me about the whole sleeping ovaries thing. I'm sure my poor husband would have also like to have been warned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 06:14 AM

Hello ladies. I had a LAVH on 3/10/08. I kept my ovaries. First let me say that while I have a wonderful doctor that I absolutely love, this has been much harder than my doctor presented. 2nd I sure wish he had prepared me for the whole sleeping ovary thing. I"m sure my husband would have appreciated knowing that also since 8 days after surgery I was sure I wanted a divorce because he answered a question wrong (ok he was just a bit insensitive but in his defense... as hard as he tries he often is) and that I would spend 2 days afterward crying about it. This was quite a shock since I am a fairly logical Virgo who isn't very emotional normally!

I started off this week feeling much better. I woke up feeling better Monday morning until I got on the scale and commenced to have a total meltdown because I had gained 5lbs since Friday Morning. Now this was a shock since I hadn't really eaten any differently. So I decided to start walking. Which was fine until my Wednesday morning when I decided that since walking 40 minutes for the previous 2 days had gone well I'd add 20 minutes and a few bleachers to boot. Well needless to say by that night I was in a great deal of pain.

Meanwhile after hardly eating anything I have have lost any weight all week. I have always had to be on birth control pills for my ovaries to work correctly.. and to keep weight off.. how does taking my uterus out change that!

No ladies this whole hysterectomy thing doesn't fix everything. At least not for me. I am recovering.. just more slowly than I was prepared for. Lots of times my mind still feels better than my body.. and then other times.. well lets just say they just don't seem to be in sync.
Unread 03-28-2008, 06:39 AM

Hi Ifdailey05

I also had my hysterectomy on the 10th. the first two weeks were better then i ever expected which falsely led me to believe i heal super quick and i therefore am superwoman. Everyone said how well i was doing, in and out of hospital.

Well, week two hit Monday and i was tired but pushed myself to walk three times that day - only for about 20 minutes each time.

The rest of the week has been down hill with low back pain, what feels like spasms in my gut, especially each time i go to the bathroom and my mood is not so good. I also have my ovaries and i could actually be experiencing PMS which has always been a challenge.

I am most discouraged by my lack of progress. Externally my incision looks fine and so do i, aside from a swelly belly and the hairest legs - but i wish i could know what was happening inside. I want to walk more and if you walked for 60 minutes maybe i shouldn't be so hesitant.

The weather here in Quebec isn't very encouraging either. The normal highs for this time are between 8-12 Celsius but today the high is only 0, and we still have so much snow around.

I really get what you are saying about the mind/body being out of sync. This has been quite the journey i must say.

Thanks for your post -

Chrys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 06:59 AM

I could not agree with you more. I to have gained about 5 pounds for no known reasons at all. So far I feel like if I knew then what I know now I"m not sure if I would have had the darn surgery done. DD and Dr. says I will feel different after healing is all over and done with but when will that be. I kept one of my ovaries but it sure feels like I don't have any. I'm so emotional it's unreal. The family thought my keeping one 1 that they would not have to go through all the ups and downs but I guess I fooled them Have a good one ladies.
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:18 AM

Hi ladies,
Long night last night, insomnia thing finally got me. Feeling good and being busy for 2 days in a row really kicked my butt too. I was down most of the afternoon, and I kept remembering what the dr. told me, "when you overdo it your body will let you know, by spotting & being really tired" yep, it happened. The DH couldn't figure out why I was just so wiped out (he wasn't home yesterday) and I didn't have the heart to tell him, I was out shopping and etc.
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:32 AM

Good morning friends!

DH said he woke up in the middle of the night and blankets looked like they had been in a twister. I remember waking up and feeling heat radiating from my chest. WOW I am oven hear me roar.

Took a walk last night and did the dishes this morning. Stop when I get shaky rest and all is well.
Unread 03-28-2008, 11:14 AM

went to dr this am and he said i was doing great. i a able to go to work on monday, he said having the TVH the recovery time is a fraction of the abdominal version. he also said there are alot of dr.s who do not do vaginals, i would recomend my friends who have to have one to make sure your dr does those too. off to get some new pants for work, maybe a fashionable sweat suit? to adjust for my ever changing belly.
Unread 03-28-2008, 11:30 AM

Good for you, Bea! (that is, if you WANT to get back to work ; )

I did some housework this morning, since the place has turned into a frat house since my surgery... now I am pooped, time to nap.
Unread 03-28-2008, 11:37 AM

What happened? Geesh.....I hardly did anything yesterday. I felt great. The most strenuous thing I did all day yesterday was LIGHTLY sweep the family room floor. I didn't even pick it up. I just pushed the dog hair into a corner. I had plans to go get my nails done today, that's it....just go to the nail salon.

But no....I woke up bleeding this morning for no good reason. Probably just some change of positions while I was sleeping. Then I had a decent, pain-free BM and BAM...bleeding, clots, the whole nine yards.

So, I've stayed in bed today. Not sure if I should be up or not. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

How long does this one step forward, two steps backward go on? It's no wonder I'm so depressed. Everything is supposed to be normal.....why do I feel like crap?
Unread 03-28-2008, 11:38 AM

I feel pretty good today too. Alittle sore but not like before. My DD is having PMS today! I had to chuckle because I don't have to worry about that anymore! Poor thing she has a whole life time left having mood swings, etc. Well if you think of it I've had mood swings too, hey wait a minute I thought having a hyster would stop that! LOL At least no more PERIODS! Yea something to look forward too, and no more pain! So I've started planning my "period over party" I'm going to post a separate post to see if any hystersisters can help give me some ideas...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register