Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Bud
Well its 16 days since my surgery and I can say I have really good days and really bad days...I feel like something is wrong with me, I see most of you all are improving so well and getting out, painting, sweeping...I can barely walk down my stairs in my house.

I have a strange odor and brownish-pink discharge, it still hurts to pee and low back pain. I'm no where near regular, its frustrating.

Sleeping is okay, except for the night sweats, but I'm tired a lot of the time....Grrr, I'm ready to feel great more of the time.

Still haven't driven, and when I've gone out I start bleeding again or get an increased Swelly Belly....Talk about a whinner...I don't even like that trait.
Rosebud, I am not driving yet either. I still have difficulty peeing and I have to run warm water to get it to start too. If you are having trouble peeing with low back pain you should watch out for a urinary tract infection. I have one and it is not fun. Don't try to do to much. Let your body heal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
So what is it with the sweets-junk food? I never eat this crap and all I want is brownies, chocolate cake, twinkies & ice cream on a daily basis? I lost 10 lbs since my surgery but if I keep eating like this I'm going to get huge! Is anyone else craving these types of foods? Do you think that it is because they are comfort foods?
I just needed that laugh. That is all that it seems I am craving, mostly chocolate. I am a healthy eater and it just blows me away that I have to have chocolate everyday. I have lost just a few pounds, but I am like you I will be hugh before I can get back on track exercising. Thanks for the laugh and thank goodness it seems like this is a normal craving.
Unread 03-28-2008, 03:19 PM

PismoBeachNativ
I'm glad to hear someone else wants sweets too. Before my surgery I was trying to eat healthy and exercise more. I have about 15 lbs I would like to lose now I'm afraid I'll be set back. I was trying to use my hyster as a turning point in my life. Eat better and work out more often-I guess I'll have to start once I recovery because I crave the sweets all the time now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 03:21 PM

All I want to eat is the treats, it's crazy!

I think it's more the weather, here in Colorado it's warm one day and cool the next, and then warm in the afternoon.

I think I'm so used to being on the move and enjoying the changes in temp that when I sit I just eat.
Unread 03-28-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Bud
All I want to eat is the treats, it's crazy!

I think it's more the weather, here in Colorado it's warm one day and cool the next, and then warm in the afternoon.

I think I'm so used to being on the move and enjoying the changes in temp that when I sit I just eat.

I live in Colorado too, in Colorado Springs. I agree they say you know your in Colorado because you have all 4 seasons in one day!
Unread 03-28-2008, 03:47 PM

Anyone ever have the nut clusters from Malley's chocolates? Oh they are bites of heaven.I had some for valentines day.I haven't been hungry but if I had a box of those with a big glass of milk I might not care if I ever had sex again,..........................might not,................... need that box of chocolates now so I can find out!!!!! Whoooooooooopppppppppps did I just figure out why everyone wants goodies??????????Haaaaaa Haaaa Nobodies getting any action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 03-28-2008, 03:53 PM

No kidding....no action.....no energy..and sweating like nobodies business. Pretty.....I want chocolate too.
Unread 03-28-2008, 03:55 PM

OH! SW I live in CS too!! today is def a crazy weather day. But I grew up on the front range and am used to the changes. Sunny and beautful one day then snow the next feels like home to me.

Ok ladies, I found a site that some of you may be interested in. There is a TON of good info here!
ttp://NoLinks.blogspot.com/2006/07/table-of-contents-by-topic.html

There is an article that talks about effects of estrogen imbalance. One of the symptoms was craving sweets! Hmmmm.
I also wanted to mention that all the symptoms many of us are having involving hormones aren't necessaily permanent. It takes a while after surgery for hormones to settle down, whether or not you kept your ovaries. Just the shock of surgery will freak the ovaries out.
Unread 03-28-2008, 04:05 PM

Ok so today has been so stressful! I finally sat down and took a look at the finances, and WHOA we're 400$ in the hole cuz of a stupid mistake I made abotu when the mortgage was to be paid. I thought I had it all sorted out before surgery and everything would come out automatically, then BAM we end up paying TWO mortages this month. CRAP! So I spend abotu 1.5 hours this am frantically calling DH, the mortgage CO and the bank to sort it all out and in the mean time the children are mega ignoring me and doing the thing that all kids do when you try to talk on the phone "MOOOOM she hit me", "MOOOOOM I'm hungry" So I end up doing the raging Mom yell and strain my alreay sore belly! Grrr. So When I finally get everything covered and lunch made and sit down while I eat. Whew! But I hurt! So I end up taking my son 6, for a sleepover we had planned, but am in the car for almost an hour. Bleh! Anyway my DH came home early from work (wished he woulda told me cuz then HE coulda driven DS) But! he's home and I'm actually in bed... which is the first time since the day I came home from the hospital that I've holed up in bed. So I decided that i was taking a Vicodin and PHBLT to the rest of the stuff that wants me to do it like sweeping the floor and laundry.
K... I'm done ranting. Thanks ladies... DH is a great guy, but doens't do well with the ranting...
Unread 03-28-2008, 04:09 PM

well, I may not be getting any action, but my dreams are ever so FULL of action. Dang. I actually had an orgasm in my sleep the other night. Whoa.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register