Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 59 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Recovery Progress Reports

My thumb and arm muscles are sore from clicking the remote excessively - lol. So very sick of tv.

Denise, I though you might enjoy my worst story about my DS. When he was 19 and in junior college, he lost the brakes on his I-Roc and rear-ended someone the day before he was scheduled to go on spring break. So, he had a ticket and an accident on his record, all in one day, and no car to drive to FL since the I-Roc was not driveable. Later that same day, he asked to take his dad's car out so that he could calm down by taking a ride. Ended up with a speeding ticket. Now up to 2 tickets in one day. He then came home and announced to us that he was going to drop out of school and have a nervous breakdown unless he could drive my 10 year old Honda all by himself to FL. We caved, and he did not call us for four days. Found out later he drove straight through - 24 hours nonstop on the road. We were ready to kill him.

Hope this story was good for a couple of laughs. It does have a happy ending - he is 29 now, with good job and home of his own and married a wonderful girl last year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

TV is boring me too but can't get into a book either. I am doing good just to change my PJ to a new pair.

Today has been a little frustrating, poor DH just looks at me I start crying...lol I get lots of hugs though, so that's good! Tomorrow will be my first day driving again. My hubby has taken so much time from work that I told him I am going to go to the Dr. by myself. I am a little nervous of getting my test results back.

Regarding teenagers, I too have some of those! My 14 DS is awsome, doing laundry, vacuum, dishes, coffee duty etc. My DD 10 is driving me up the wall, it's like she shed's clothes and toys and dishes and stuff in a trail behind her..UGH
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm 50
My thumb and arm muscles are sore from clicking the remote excessively - lol. So very sick of tv.

Denise, I though you might enjoy my worst story about my DS. When he was 19 and in junior college, he lost the brakes on his I-Roc and rear-ended someone the day before he was scheduled to go on spring break. So, he had a ticket and an accident on his record, all in one day, and no car to drive to FL since the I-Roc was not driveable. Later that same day, he asked to take his dad's car out so that he could calm down by taking a ride. Ended up with a speeding ticket. Now up to 2 tickets in one day. He then came home and announced to us that he was going to drop out of school and have a nervous breakdown unless he could drive my 10 year old Honda all by himself to FL. We caved, and he did not call us for four days. Found out later he drove straight through - 24 hours nonstop on the road. We were ready to kill him.

Hope this story was good for a couple of laughs. It does have a happy ending - he is 29 now, with good job and home of his own and married a wonderful girl last year.
Well, guess who just made an appearance. My son. He came by just long enough to pick up a clean uniform and off he went. He did ask me if I needed anything.....he's lucky I said no. He wasn't here long enough to get me a drink of water. Oh, well.....at least I know he's alive. I asked him if he's pick his brother up from the mall. He said yes. But then was gone. So, I guess......my mother is going to have to go. I'm so tired of her doing everything. I should be taking care of her. I just thank God I have her.

DH has duty again today so he won't be around 'til midnight, maybe......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 02:12 PM

I am sick of TV too, and cannot stay focused to read anything more than the newspaper.DS is planted on Xbox and DD is giving DSGD a bath, I am on my recliner resting up for work.
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:15 PM

I may add DSGD to abbreviations, Darling Step Grand Daughter, lol
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:17 PM

TV? strangely I've not really watched much. Perhaps I should. Most of the shows I want to watch are not for my 6 and 3 yo. So I have to wait until they are asleep, then I'm tired. ah well. i guess it's ok.
I've been able to read, although some of the books I got from the library just sucked. <sigh> I have crocheted like 4 sets of slippers and am working on a top.
This AM I cleaned all 3 bathrooms (why do men's bathrooms get so disgusting? Do they even notice how nasty the underside of the seat gets? That is if they pick it up... GROSS!)
I pretended the showers and tub didn't exsist and only did the sinks and toilet. I also swept the floors. YAY! Now I feel like I can at least sit for a bit and not feel guilty.
Oh and that website isn't linking right, so if you do a google search for " Survivors Guide to Surgical Menopause"
Under Balancing are the articles on Symptoms of Imbalance. Very interesting!
TTFM Ladies, here to more healing!
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:26 PM

what is with them not seeing what they are doing all over the toilet. That IS gross, and makes me mad
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea potter
what is with them not seeing what they are doing all over the toilet. That IS gross, and makes me mad
Not to mention where the toilet is bolted to the floor.......it's beyond disgusting!
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:39 PM

I have 3 boys if you count my DH. Those toilets do get nasty. I have not had the energy to do anything but sleep today. I guess that outing I took yesterday really did me in.

TV is boring. I have a membership to netflix and I can download some movies instantly. That has been good. I am reading a book but I am so tired it is hard to concentrate.

Have a good day.

Pam
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:40 PM

OMG I am so thankful that I am NOT the only one with this toilet problem EWE.... DS is the only one that doesn't pay attention to where the stream goes, he is 14 for goodness sake! So he is the designated toilet cleaner, it seems like that is starting to help.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register