Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 67 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-31-2008, 03:55 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmalibu
What side effects are you having, if you don't mind my asking?
I cried all the time for stupid stuff. One time my DH didn't press hard enough on my lips for a kiss and I cried saying he didn't love me anymore because I had a hysterectomy-I was being stupid. I also was really mean. My DH said if I kept it up he was going to start drinking! LOL He said that he would rather pay for the name brand patch out of pocket then spend that money on scotch. I think I also had major mood swings great one minute then spitting fire the next. With the name brand patch I seem to have some hot flashes and sometimes I get emotional but nothing like I did when on the generic patch. I really hope the pill doesn't do that to me.

Hysterectomy rollercoster here I come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 04:07 PM

I don't know the initials for the procedure I underwent last Monday (March 24). With a 6 1/2 inch insicion just above my pubic hair line, he took my uterus and right ovary.....left my left ovary and cervix.
I went to have my staples removed today(day 7 post-op), and asked what my physical restrictions were. He rather shocked me by saying, "None".
I said "You mean I can vacuum, mop, do laundry, etc?" And he said, "Yes"
I've read enough on this site to know that can't possibly be healthy nor smart.
I'll be getting a new doctor ASAP, but as for me, I feel fine as long as I don't stand for too long, or walk too far. (I'm listening to my body and my hyster sisters instead of Doc Do-All.)
Coughing, sneezing, and that groggy (first waking up, forgot I just had surgery) stretch is a killer. With or without a pillow support. It still hurts like heck.
I bought a "Gopher" (reaching/pick-up tool) and it's been a real life saver. Wish I had found this site soon enough to have purchased a SwellyBelly Band, I think that would have been a great help.
Unread 03-31-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
I cried all the time for stupid stuff. One time my DH didn't press hard enough on my lips for a kiss and I cried saying he didn't love me anymore because I had a hysterectomy-I was being stupid. I also was really mean. My DH said if I kept it up he was going to start drinking! LOL He said that he would rather pay for the name brand patch out of pocket then spend that money on scotch. I think I also had major mood swings great one minute then spitting fire the next. With the name brand patch I seem to have some hot flashes and sometimes I get emotional but nothing like I did when on the generic patch. I really hope the pill doesn't do that to me.

Hysterectomy rollercoster here I come!
I really don't like rollercoasters AT ALL!!!!!! My dr. knows my family very well and he is trying very hard to keep things peaceful at home. I guess I'm thankful for that....Way to go doc. He and his wife are only about 2-3 years older than we are, so he's probably living it as well...HA HA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Bud
I have a question ladies? I had a LAVH on 3/12 everyone I talk to is expressing how good I should feel and how I should be ready to walk the malls and go back to work....I'm not feeling consistantly great, I have good and bad days, I'm pushing myself more but when I do I seem to pay the price.

My question is this...I have low back pain, I'm not regular (but taking stool softners), and when I do have a BM, I practically pass out. Is anyone else having this issue? Also, I have a strange Odor with a pinkish-brown discharge from my Vjay-jay...is this something that should be of concern?

I'm staying hydrated, trying to eat fruits and vegis (I could increase these) but really not eating all that much at anyone time, when I do I feel more bloated and get nauseaous.
I just got back from my 2wks post op exam and just sat and talked to the Dr.(thank god no exam) anyway I myself was extremely concerned about an odor and discharged. He just smiled and said that is normal and I can expect different colors of discharge and odor until my body adjust to the surgery. He says as you heal your body is not liking the stiches inside and so that is what your body does, he also said don't worry about other people smelling it because we are more sensitive to the odor that others. So I guess we just have to deal with another weird recovery effect.
Unread 03-31-2008, 04:21 PM

[quote=redmalibu]I really don't like rollercoasters AT ALL!!!!!! QUOTE]

I don't either! They are scary, haha.
Unread 03-31-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PismoBeachNativ
I just got back from my 2wks post op exam and just sat and talked to the Dr.(thank god no exam) anyway I myself was extremely concerned about an odor and discharged. He just smiled and said that is normal and I can expect different colors of discharge and odor until my body adjust to the surgery. He says as you heal your body is not liking the stiches inside and so that is what your body does, he also said don't worry about other people smelling it because we are more sensitive to the odor that others. So I guess we just have to deal with another weird recovery effect.
I also had my 2 week post-op today and my Dr said the same thing. However, they did do a test on my urine in the office and it showed I have some blood & something else (I can't remember what it was) so I had to go to the lab and give urine and blood for a CBC test. I told my Dr I'm bleeding the rainbow I've had a lot of different colors & odor too! I love this site to find others who have the same symtoms as me!
Unread 03-31-2008, 04:34 PM

Hey,Radarlove 8167, I had the same surgery on the 12th and my DR. will not release me to drive till Thurs. Talk about restrictions I have em. I think by reading everyones comments we all do. I would get another Dr. asap. Just listen to your body it will not tell you wrong. Enjoy this nice weather we're getting here in Ga.
Unread 03-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Phantom Pain?

Hello every one. I am new here so pardon the babble.
I had my TVH March 24th I realy haven't had any pain from that area. Most of my pain has been from my LT hip. I had some muscular pain yesterday but not bad. Today i feel like I have uterin cramps and ovary pain. I do still have both ovaries. I also have shooting pains in my (sorry to be so personal) clitoris and uretha. Is this normal? My body is acting like Im in my period!? Any help would be greatley appreciated.
Unread 03-31-2008, 05:05 PM

bichonfriends2
Have you called your Dr to say that you are having shooting pains in your clitoris and uretha? You may want to call to see if this is normal. Could it be from your catheter?
Unread 03-31-2008, 05:40 PM

OK, I made dinner today some salad & au gratin potatoes, the DH gets to finish with the meat BBQ chix breasts. My sis is leaving tomorrow to go back home in Missouri I am really going to miss her. It has been a good time, I just wish I didn't have to have the surgery to get her out here. Like I said before I had my 2 wk visit today and everything went well, I did want to mention that her put me on HRT patch and he suggested I change the patche every three days instead of what they recommended 2xs a week. I have to say I feel really great since I have started these, even had 2 really good sex dreams so far, so I think things are starting up again and I can't wait. I know, I know I still have to wait 4weeks and my sister says it will feel like a wire brush being put up there god I hope she is wrong.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register