Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 69 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-31-2008, 07:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Girls No Wire Brush Here!!!!!

I was scared but somehow found the energy. All systems go.

So back to the original update...dr says no hormones for me because of other medical issues HBP, diabetes and infllammatory arthritis. He says the soaking sweats will get way better. Although released he said I will have to tell my employer when I am ready- he advises to go back to work for short stints, cause he said the full day is gonna be impossible for awhile. I certainly can see that it is gonna be trial and error and I will listen to my body very carefully. Only want to do this once!

Love to all of you-Ilene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 08:03 PM

I am jealous- i want to see if my systems are "go" but haen't gotten a go-ahead from GYN yet : (

I absolutely could NOT go back to work yet, it is clear that my energy lasts just in the morning, then it is gone... I salute you ladies who are giving work a go, because as much as I do at home at least I can do it in my polarfleece snowman jammies and take breaks and naps as needed. That is frowned upon in my law firm LOL!!!
Unread 03-31-2008, 08:28 PM

Did a bit too much today. Took a pain pill about 3 hours ago. Still not sleepy but very relaxed, no pain at whatsoever, just in LaLa Land. We are having a severe thunderstorm right now with lots of wind, so I don't want to go to bed. I want to be awake if I'm going to get blown away (just kidding)!!!!! I'll probably read for awhile. Check in tomorrow. Night, Night girls......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 09:12 PM

Well, I think it took me about an hour to catch up with everyone's day. I went back to work today. I managed to last the whole 8 hours but I am exhausted now. No pain, but yawning like crazy and laying on the sofa. I tried going back last week and pooped out after 3 or 4 hours. My doc took me off for another week. I really think it was the right thing to do; it went so much better today. Of course, I also found out that the extra week was not approved in time so I won't be getting a full check. I'm trying not to think about that part.
And Ilene...congrats and I am so jealous. My doc doesn't even want to talk about releasing me to have sex until my 6 week visit. I tried every possible scenario with him and he would only okay some self gratification. Well, it's better than nothing.
Take care ladies and sleep tight. I'm hoping for my 2nd night in a row w/out drenching sweat...
Unread 03-31-2008, 09:59 PM

Hello dear friends. I did the ultimate NO NO today.....ROFL.

TIP: For those that have not started driving yet....be careful. I could definatly feel the strain on my pelvic area and will be limiting all my driving for at least another week or so. Just to physio and back!

DH and I worked for same employer and I needed the care for DR's appointment so I went in and said hi, I work with wonderful people so I couldn't resist. My boss about fell out of her chair and then couldn't get across her desk fast enough.....I was laughing so hard. She said she would prop me up and hook up a tv, they just needed me there for moral support....LOL. I have 4 more weeks at home and after today really need it.

Talk about CRASH AND BURN!! I drove to PCP, picked up DS and DD from school. Took a short nap. Called 911 for the house across the street that litterally went up in flames almost instantly....WOOSH! Went to W-Mart with DH to pick up script.....NOT THERE, they never faxed it!

Anyway I am chaning PCP, this was a new one since my old PCP moved out of state. The appointment was awful. Nurse asked me if I minded the med student coming in....I agreed. She failed to tell me it was a MALE. Doc sent him in by himself to get the run down first. He must have seen the tears, shock and awe on my face when he walked in. All my docs are female and I did not want to discuss my VAGINA with him! Long story short. She didn't address my concerns with the murmur. She suggested not doing the Physio the neurologist prescribed (3x p/w for 3 weeks) for the herniated disk (C4-C5) and wanted to give me 10 days of Flexril (muscle relaxant) which gave me 2 weeks of vertigo before instead...HUH...I think not! I told her all about the hysto and how I am doing, 4 more weeks at home right off the bat and 5 min in she asked me if i'm back at work yet "NO" Asked my why I went to the ER on Friday...."Well YOU sent me" she didn't even pay any attention!!

To top this off, she is shifting her practice toward pediatrics and they moved rooms on me, I had to gather all my stuff and clothes and go to the exam room with the BIG RED FIRETRUCK.

**UGH** Thanks for letting me vent!

Tomorrow is a new day and we will all be a little closer to feeling better and being a little more sane.

Good night ladies.
Unread 03-31-2008, 10:37 PM

OH the joys of not being able to sleep. I hate it.

Pam
Unread 04-01-2008, 05:52 AM

Oh, what a night it was. It stormed most of the night, I finally just gave up and went to bed. I"m not sure why, I sure couldn't fall asleep. When I did go to sleep, I only napped of and on until DH got up at 4:30 a.m. I couldn't get comfortable and was way too hot to sleep. The bed looked like a tornado (not pun intended!!) had been through. I couldn't get the covers off quick enough. I'm up and still hot!!!!!!!!! I have a feeling this isn't going to be a very good day. I had big plans for today to go to the mall for a little walking aroung since it has been raining for 3 days now and looking like more on the way.....UGH!!!!! Maybe I still will, I do better when I can get out of the house for at least a little while. I think the pain meds are keeping me awake or is that just my imagination? They make me very relaxed and pain free, but the sleep just won't come......
Unread 04-01-2008, 06:10 AM

Hey nicole,

I too have a herniated disc at about the same area. I found out about a week or so before surgery. I told my PCP I wanted to wait until after surgery to tackle that problem. She had no problem with that, because she recommended Therapy for that. Surgery is over and I've had a problem with the muscle in my left leg, and I could barely walk for 2-3 days. My OB/GYN set my up for Physical Therapy 6 days after surgery. So I figured since I was already there, I may as well start on the neck. I called my PCP and she had no problem with that. I had my first session yesterday. We had tried a muscle relaxer (Skelaxin) and did absolutely nothing. We tried Celebrex and I had a weird reaction to that. The pain meds from hyster have helped some with the pain, but the tightness and popping are driving me crazy. What symptoms do you have?
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:06 AM
week four

Hey Ladies,
I haven't posted much on this site but really do appreciate reading everyone's thoughts and experiences. Thank you for sharing.

Nicoler76, I can't believe how much excitement you have had and i'm sorry that your recovery has not been smooth. You must be one tough lady to handle all that and still blog on this site with humour and grace.

Is this week four? My brain is having trouble figuring out where i am in my recovery.

I'm thinking of going back to work next week. I have mostly a desk job and we are extremely short staffed. Since my husband has heard this news of my early return, well he has become even less helpful then before.

At first i thought my begrudging him was hormonal, even though i still have my ovaries, but after reading about some or your darling partners... it's definately HIM!!

I still have pain, with BM it is stabbing, twisting and excruciating otherwise the rest of the time is more like a burning pain at the incision with a bloated, stretched kind of organ exhaustion inside.

However, because i still do things, like dishes, meal preparation, light housekeeping - i'm not one to sit still, i think my husband has decided i'm better.

I haven't started driving yet but will try this week. I had the go ahead after week two but that was way too early for me.

today is wet, cold and rainy but i will eventually force myself to go for a walk. Hope you all have a great day.

Hugs,
Chrys
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:22 AM

I am heading into the shower, then will try to get some necessary errands done today.
I just got an email from work and I can tell they would reallllly like me to come back sooner than 6 weeks.
No way.
I still cannot get through a day without a nap and/or Percocet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register