Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 70 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-01-2008, 07:39 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Good Morning everyone had to say goodbye to my sis this morning she has a long trip ahead of her. Went to sleep last night pretty well, woke up at 130am (DH snoring) and had to come out on the couch to sleep will the last time I went into the kitchen it was 330 so I decided to take an IBU 800mg and try to go back to bed. It worked and I slept pretty good until sis woke me up at 545 to say goodbye. So I started on some house work and got some coffee. I am going to go see some friends at work today and NOT spend any money shopping, I have been doing that lately I know it is out of bordem but it has to stop (or does it hummmmmmmmmmm) anyway everyone have a good day, and I will check back in this afternoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 08:07 AM

TunaCat, I can emphatize. I am the office manager for a law firm, and my fill-in tells me they are "saving" all of the big issues for me when I return.
The head of the firm has called me twice in the two weeks after my surgery and made not-so-subtle remarks about my return. All of this is not creating "warm and fuzzy" feelings about going back to work.

TunaCat, hold fast and tell them your doctor hasn't released you yet. As many have said, we have only one chance to heal and we deserve our turn.

Best wishes with your bar exam. It seems to me that your determination and drive will make you a great attorney.
Unread 04-01-2008, 08:25 AM

Morning girls:

Just watched the weather and I was worried about all of you. What a mess.

Well today is another day, I too am gonna pop into work and tell them about my thoughts of returning to work. Not going to do it sooner than the 14th for sure, that will be five weeks and I am not going back full time initially. Actually I think I will do that tomorow, just the thought made me weak.

gonna go do girl things today, haircut and pedicure, could only do finger nails last time.

Sounds like everyone is getting better slowly but better.

Off to starbucks now to start my day...everyone be safe and have fun even if you are resting.

XXOX Ilene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 08:45 AM

GOOD MORNING LADIES!
I finally got caught up on yesterdays news! Hang in there everyone! 20 days post op –whew!
Welcome bichonfriends2! This is the best and most active forum! Ur gonna love it!
Welcome radarlove8167! The gopher is great! Careful when bending, reaching, tugging, and no lifting more than 5 lbs for at least 6 weeks! Read recovery tip for post op weeks 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6 on this website.
Ibabug- you lucky thang!
Moerem-Hang in there, keep walking a little at a time and outdoors if weather permits!
SW34- only had pale pink discharge 7 days post op for 2 days- was due to uti- was on antibiotics 10 days, still have pressure but no burning. I guess it depends on what procedures you had and this is the perfect place for us to whine, everyone is sympathetic!
FaeGoddess- It’s nice to know we have pain meds, if we need them.
Christabelle and Bea Potter- I don’t know how you are doing it (going back to work) but don’t overdo it, you’ve came too far!
Nicoler76 and Hyssissa- glad you two hooked up!
DeniseS- You’ll be good as new when your healin is done- you had it all (procedures) girl!
PDwhoney- sorry to hear about kidney stones
Chattyknittycat- you’re in my prayers!
Chrys68-Shame on DH!
Tunacat-Stay home as long as you can!
Didn’t do much yesterday. Recline, recline, recline…. Gotta go cook DH some breakfast, then he’s gonna do some work in my flowerbed, I hope!
Check back with you gals later today!
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:00 AM

11am UPDATE:

It is now 11 am... all I have accomplished is showering and writing out bills and filing paperwork and I am POOPED.

I have yet to even get out the door to the bank, pharmacy, post ofice, etc.

I am still stunned at times at how this surgery saps energy. So i will take it easy in bed until boyfriend comes to take me out for errands- it really will be a big help to have someone with me to do the fetching of stuff and carrying.
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:31 AM

Good morning girls. I just woke up from a 2 hour nap. Why is it I can sleep 2 hours straight in the daytime but I can't sleep at night? Do I have my days and nights mixed up? I don't know. I still am fighting a sensation to pee all the time but at least I know it is from a kidney stone and not the surgery. I know that the kidney stone will eventually pass. I can't get into the urologist until Thursday to find out what we aree going to do. I will have to wait until then. I don\
I dont have anything else planned today. I will take it easy because I did to much yesterday.

Pam
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
11am UPDATE:

It is now 11 am... all I have accomplished is showering and writing out bills and filing paperwork and I am POOPED.

I have yet to even get out the door to the bank, pharmacy, post ofice, etc.

I am still stunned at times at how this surgery saps energy. So i will take it easy in bed until boyfriend comes to take me out for errands- it really will be a big help to have someone with me to do the fetching of stuff and carrying.
I was supposed to be in the shower 40 minutes ago. I have a 1:00 hair appointment. I have been wanting to shave my legs since about a week after surgery and wasn't able to. Now I feel I have to, especially since I have another appt. with my dr. tomorrow. I really dread it. But it has to be done.

I just spent the last 30 minutes arguing with my 22 yo about her college progress. Now she stomped out of here to go to class. She is turning into a professional student. She keeps changing her mind in what she wants to do and takes different classes that side track her from obtaining her degree. She'll have more than enough credits to graduate but they are so mixed up none of them are in any one consistent academic plan so she doesn't ever seem to be able to graduate. Ugh....she's been in school for four years in June and still can't graduate. She turns 23 in November which means she can no longer be on our insurance. She's making us crazy with her lies and excuses. So now we've put our foot down and said if she wants our support she will finish her degree in the path that she has the most credits in, which is nursing. Of course, she doesn't like us "dictating" what she does just so we will support her financially. I hate putting it to her that it's our way or no way but at the rate she is going she'll be in school for another four years with no degree. <<<rambling>>>

Anyhow......off to take a shower and cut down the forest growing on my legs. :-)

Huggles,
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:52 AM

I have not tackled the forest on my legs yet. I am not excited about doing that. I have a Dr. appointment with the urologist on Thurs. I might do it before then.

Pam
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:57 AM

Hi girls, I didnt get to check in yesterday because I got dropped off at my daughters & hugged & kissed & talked to my 3month old grandson we were missing eachother!So today is my dr appt gotta get in the shower in a minute.I have been feeling well no complaints here!We will need a new chat site when we are all well. I read someone had sex wooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Someone jumped off the chocolate train!! Drum Roll,Applause! Well gotta shower I will check in later with info on my appt.
Unread 04-01-2008, 10:28 AM

Last night I colored my hair, painted my nails, and took some Motrin. My belly was a little sore in different spots. My 5 yo woke me up at 1:30 am with a fever...meds wore off. Gave her more Motrin then back to sleep. Of course, she snuck back in our bed. It's nice but it was like sleeping next to an inferno.

Woke up this morning dizzy. I have been dizzy since. Can't bend over or turn my head too fast. I think it might be my sinuses. UGH!

I've been having cravings and been hungry lately. Not a good thing when you're not very active. Feeling better physically though. Already have dinner in the crock pot. Having Scalloped Potatoes and Ham.

Sorry to hear about some of your setbacks, but overall I think we're all doing well. I should be back to work in 1.5 wks. Not exactly looking forward to it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register