Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 75 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Hi, all....

Well, I'm back from my three week check. I'm on weekly checks. So I have to go back next week, too. Anyhow.....

Turns out that we were supposed to be continuing to pack the wound. We stopped doing it when the bleeding stopped. So I got poo-poo'd for that. She also poo-poo'd me for drinking too much juice. I thought I was doing better by not drinking iced tea by drinking juice but she said...."Nooooooo, drink water ONLY!" I knew better. ::::sigh:::: So the wound is getting better but there may be some cosmetic issues to deal with later on.

Turns out that I'll have to have a procedure later on to revise the perineum. Anyone see my thread...."Help, someone stole my perineum!" Well, I wasn't too far off. But I have to heal from this first then we'll move on to the cosmetic issues.

So, now I have to make sure that we keep the wound packed and I have to airdry as much as possible. So basically that's just more time in bed. I can't run around the house with my bottom exposed. Plus, I still can't sit or stand very long. She said reclining in bed is where I should be anyway because I shouldn't have any pressure on my "girly parts" while this healing is going on. She offered to take out a couple of more stitches, but I said, "no, thanks". Things aren't feeling too bad down there and I don't want to aggravate anything.

I asked if she was going to make me go back to work anytime soon. She said, "NOOOOOOO........I won't let you!" She has April 28th written on my disability form but she said that was only 'cause I said I can work part-time from home. Then if we have to do a revision, who knows. I'll think about that when the time comes.

She said she wants me to start drinking fiber, Konsyl twice a day. Once that kicks in she wants me to stop taking the stool softener. She said the Surfac can cause fevers....go figure. She said it's just one of those quirky side effects. She is also gonna try me on hormones for the emotional symptoms (thank goodness) and Permarin to help the wound healing down below. However, once I told her about my urinary symptoms she said not to pick up the prescriptions 'til she gets the UA back.

So down to the lab I went. Do you think I could pee at that point??? Of course not. So I drank two bottles of water and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally on the 5th trip to the bathroom I was able to go. It took so long that my husband went next door to the lab and gave blood. That was so frustrating.

Oh, I did get permission to drive as long as I'm not taking any narcotics, which I'm not. She said as long as I can put my foot on the break, I can drive. I still DH drive home. I was too tired and too sore from being pulled and poked.

So, now I'm back in bed "airing out" the very sore va-jay-jay and hiney. We'll see what the next week brings. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 10:12 AM

Denise
Glad to hear your healing! One thing at a time...worry about the cosmetics later. Good to hear she gave you something for the emotions!
Unread 04-02-2008, 12:56 PM

Afternoon ladies. Today has been my best day so far (3 weeks tomorrow) I was very tired and crummy last night. The heat pad must have done wonders because I feel SOOO good today.

Had my first Physical Therapy appmt. this morning and have much relief in my shoulder, neck and headache is very mild now. Neck excercises and heat pad 3x a day and I go back on Friday and 3 days next week.

Back at home I unpacked dishwasher...and packed....Yeah won't be doing that for another week or so! Made my OWN lunch, and seasoned 6lbs of chicken for DH to BBQ for us tonight.

Denise: Glad you are still hanging in there.

Hope everyone else is doing well also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 12:56 PM

Hello again!

well did my two errands today and am really sore and tired so I think that is a sign to stop. So I will.

Yeah Denise. Sounds like a big milestone, is this your regular dr? Probably feel better just knowing someone is taking care of you again.

gonna rest will check back later-
Unread 04-02-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabug
Hello again!

well did my two errands today and am really sore and tired so I think that is a sign to stop. So I will.

Yeah Denise. Sounds like a big milestone, is this your regular dr? Probably feel better just knowing someone is taking care of you again.

gonna rest will check back later-
Yes, this was my regular doctor. She was awesome.....so patient. Answered all of my questions. I especially love the fact that she is in no rush to send me back to work! :-)

Thanks,

Denise
Unread 04-02-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Bud
Wow, its amazing how this surgery is taking its toll on our entire bodys...lol...I just don't want to feel lost in my own body anymore, I'd like to read something and retain it.

Who are you all? hahahah
Unread 04-02-2008, 01:16 PM

oH day 3 of work went smooth, I sure am tired and puffy when i come home to read how everyone is doing. I still am having trouble sleeping and nightly sweating does not help. I started taking the premerin and am not sure of what to exspect except for the sweating to stop and for me to sleep. i do not like to be tired from not sleeping enough, it makes me cranky. i also had a killer of a sinus headache yesterday which actually brought me to tears, i had to just go up to bed and wait for the medicine to kick in which takes forever!! headache was gone by morning, but i am tired- feel good just tired. glad to hear everyone is progressing too.
Unread 04-02-2008, 01:26 PM

It's 19 days post-op and today seems to be the day that I am over the hump and on the upside of things. At least I hope that's how it pans out. I slept well last night without pain meds except Aleve. I don't seem to have as much pressure in the pelvic area...yippeeeeeee!! Still have some yucky stuff seeping slowly out of me. I'm more than ready for that to end!!! I am ready to be somewhat normal again. It was sunny this morning, but the clouds have already replaced the sun. More storms and rain are on the way I'm making a trip to my work tomorrow, I miss everyone terribly. I'll be more than ready to go back.
Unread 04-02-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
Had my first Physical Therapy appmt. this morning and have much relief in my shoulder, neck and headache is very mild now. Neck excercises and heat pad 3x a day and I go back on Friday and 3 days next week.
I had my 2nd Therapy appt. today and I can't tell much difference yet. I got a new exercise today and therapist twisted me around pretty good. It didn't really hurt, I just wasn't expecting it. Felt more like something a chiropractor would do. I too have appt. Friday and 3x next week.
Unread 04-02-2008, 01:33 PM

Nothing like a little rest to make you feel better. I took some ibuprofen 800 mg rested and checked some emails, etc. Now I feel so much better. I'm trying to avoid the pain meds and only take at night if needed. Glad to hear everyone is feeling good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register