Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 77 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

There's my BUDDY Denise!!! YEAH. So did your doc have much to say about your ER trip while out of town??

I was wondering how on earth you would manage driving with still having an open wound down there.

My progress: Still awake. But I have to add my 8 day headache has finally let up due to my wonderful physiotherapist today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 09:45 PM

Freakin' insomnia!!!!!!!!!!!
I am picking up my Ambien tomorrow, AAARGHHHHHH!!!!
Unread 04-03-2008, 02:51 AM

Good day all,
I realize that by the time you read this I will be midway through my Thursday here in the southern hemisphere - a bit of a disadvantage being online at odd times from the rest of you.

Well, the melatonin seems to be working - don't want to jinx anything - but last night (2 days into trying it) I slept so deeply that I dreamt and dreamt - then all my body wanted to do was rest. I don't think I've had that calm a feeling since before surgery. Was very nice, and hopefully more than just a reprieve from the dreadful insomnia - I'm being cautiously optimistic.

Yesterday was a very sore one, around the incision and also deep inside. But today seems to be better - I guess the sleep is really restorative.

I hope you all have as pain free a day as possible today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
There's my BUDDY Denise!!! YEAH. So did your doc have much to say about your ER trip while out of town??

I was wondering how on earth you would manage driving with still having an open wound down there.

My progress: Still awake. But I have to add my 8 day headache has finally let up due to my wonderful physiotherapist today!
Hey, there....

My doc had a lot to say. First of all, she put me on estrogen for the emotion thing. Then she gave me Premarin cream for the giant hole in my you-know-what to aid with healing. She also started me on fiber (YUK) and told me to start coming off of the stool softeners. My dh actually drove me. But she did say I can drive as long as I can hit the break. Let's hope that doesn't happen 'cause I think I'd wind up back in the hospital. I think I'm going to keep it to short trips, i.e. taking the kid to school, grocery store, bank, etc. She did say I may have to have more work done on the perineum but we'll address that after I heal from this. She said the only reason to have to work on it it again would be cosmetic or functional so we're going to wait and see. The big thing she said was that we should still be packing it. (another YUK). I thought since I wasn't bleeing anymore we could stop but I was wrong. I hate it because every time we change the dressings it bleeds again and now it's more sore. But it has something to do with the healing process. I also got scolded for drinking too much juice. She said strictly water......and a lot of it, especially with the fiber. I sent her an email last night and told her that the fiber was disgusting. :-) She wasn't too concerned about the ER visit but she was more concerned with the visit I made to the clinic to see her associate and her resident. Her associate said that he thought the perineum had completely come apart but she checked it yesterday and said it's still there it's just very thing. But there is a ton of healing to do so again, it's a wait and see type of thing. So now, I go back next week. Gotta love those weekly exams. It certainly has cured my shyness of the gyn. I'll never complain about a regular GYN visit again.....that is if I ever have a regular one again. :-)

Do you think your headaches can be estrogen related? I know when I have my headaches that last for days, it's usually estrogen related....either too much or not enough. Just a thought.

Well, I'm still on semi-bedrest so if you wanna chat I'm here.

HysterHugs,

Denise
Unread 04-03-2008, 06:02 AM

Good Morning Ladies! Post op day 22
Two days in a row with no nap!

I was outside practically all day! The sunshine and fresh mountain air does me good. My DH did some weeding, transplanted a butterfly bush and set out a tree, two forsythia bushes, grape hycianth, clematis, peony(that he dug up from our yard) in my daughters yard. Precious granddaughter slept in my arms on the couch.

I'm still drinking lots of water and juice, appetite is not much. I'm starting to get my energy back, but just gotta take it slow.

Denise, bless your heart! You've been thru it girl! Hang in there!

Tunacat- way to go on passing your exam!

Hope everyone is doing well! Have a great day! Don't overdo it it!
Unread 04-03-2008, 06:17 AM

I slept all night-with a little Lunesta on board. It was a wonderful feeling. I still think I could take a nap--I guess I need to catch up. I go to the urologist at 1:00 today to check on the kidney stones-Iam fairly sure that I do have one.

Thanks.

Pam
Unread 04-03-2008, 07:52 AM

Morning girls!

Chilled yesterday afternoon. Felt a bit run down. Off today to the rheumatologist for a check in. Then to see sister at hospital cause of a weird fainting spell.

Nothing much else going on. Think when I get home today I am just gonna take it easy as there is nothing I need to do.

You guys sound good too. Hope everyone has a good day today...will check back later
Unread 04-03-2008, 08:14 AM

Good morning ladies! I slept pretty good last night I guess I needed it. I sure hope for those of you having trouble sleeping the sleep aids help soon. I feel like I have a lot of energy today. I better be careful that I don't over do it! I wiped the countertops in the kitchen DH & DD still think they are self cleaning! LOL I think I might go get my nails done they look horriable and one is broken. A friend is bringing me lunch so I better get going. I'll check in later...have a good morning sisters!
Unread 04-03-2008, 08:15 AM

Yesterday I felt aweful. I guess I have been chilled since I came home 21days ago, but yesterday was no getting warmed, unless I was under my heating blanket. And exhaustion! I could have slept all day. But things need to get done. And I fear the dreaded mild blues could set in if I start to lay around. So..I was also very sore and was on my pain pills Toradol. I also fear my ulsers might rear their ugliy heads from them. So I try to suck it up most of the time.

Today I woke up grooggy,but walked like before surgury!! NO PAIN!! Was this all just a dream? Umm, nope. I've been up for an hour and now a few twinges are calling me! But I am aiming for a bit farther on the walking thing. I park a bit farther away at DD school and walk her in side, sit and read with her, and then wakl back to the truck. Come home and putter.

I have no problems with the sleeping thing. I fall asleep at 9pm where ever I happen to be laying. And I won't wake up for a few hours. But the whole dreaming thing is what makes me feel groggy.

Sexy dreams anyone? Its almost embarassing when I wake up! I feel my cheeks blushing, and WOW!! If it will be like that when we can start you know! I cannot wait!!DH wll be taking a couple days off!!winkwink Then there is the night mares!Whats up with that? I think I wold almost take the insomnia over the nightmares.

I also had a stich come out yesterday when I wiped. WEIRD!! Okay and TMI, but when I wipe I have clear stuff on the toiletpaper. Almost like a smear of KYjelly. Sorry, I am so and embarassed to say that.But is that normal?hmmm. I will ask about that at my appoinment. I thought No More Discharge!YIPEE. But hmmm, makes me think not.

Anyways, I wish everyone A Happy Day! and Hope everyone will have a majorityly painfree day!
Unread 04-03-2008, 08:56 AM
still having pain

Well, the last two nights I didn't wake up in the middle of the night with a painfully full bladder. However, when I stood up in the morning - well, you know what happens!

Thank goodness for Poise!

It's been three weeks today and I'm getting nervous about my trip to Itay in three weeks. We've been saving for four years to go and I've been looking forward to it for so long. The dr assured me six weeks would be more than enough to go. However, who could have predicted the norwalk virus, bladder infection and severe reaction to the antibiotic.

All this has held back my recovery.

I'm still having pain on the lower left side of my belly and last night my belly was very warm to the touch. I put a cold cloth on it and it felt better a bit.

I'm starting to get very irritable and extremely bored. ( HGTV is not cutting it for me anymore and I know more about american politics than I ever thought I would! However, I'm getting daily counselling from Dr.Phil so that should help.

So I'm hoping today the pain will lessen and I'll be able to move around a bit more than yesterday. I'm going to try to not overdo it.

cya

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register