Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 78 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Morning ladies!

I am taking it easy today. Stiff neck is making my headache rear it's head again.

Three weeks out and yesterday I felt really good and didn't lay down on the bed till 8pm and then I was out like a light. First time I felt like myself in months....something to look forward to!!

Remember to still take it easy even though we are starting to feel better.

Denise, you have to take it extra easy!

Hope you have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:00 AM

I'm can't possibly take it any easier than I have been. :-) I've finally accepted the fact that my recovery isn't going to be the same as most of the ladies here so when I read about your chores, errands, going back to work, returning to "real" life.....I'm not feeling as sorry for myself as I am happy for y'all.

So, let's see.....

Woke up at 6:00. Drove kids to school at 6:45. Back in bed by 7:15. Woke up at about 9:30. Did my fiber (gross)! Did the whole clean up/dressing thing (again, gross)! Back to bed. 10:30 went downstairs made a bowl of oatmeal. Took morning meds (the list is growing). Rested. 11:30 - started getting dressing in real clothes (stretchy, too big, denim capris w/ my HysterSister t-shirt). Let dogs out/in. Now, I'm in the family room in the recliner and my 60" plasma & surround sound! I feel like I'm in a movie theater. After watching the 20" in my room for three weeks......it's quite different.

Plans for the remainder of the day......Maybe go with my mom to return some candles she paid waaaaayyyy too much for at JCP. Maybe go pick up the kids from school. Maybe pick up something from the grocery store and fix something small for dinner. But then again......I may wind up back in bed this afternoon. Just playing it by ear.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I was put on Macrobid yesterday.....yep....'cause there isn't enough to deal with I got a UTI.

Those of you that are out and about......take care of yourselves and don't overdo it.

Those of you still in resting mode.......sending healing vibes your way!

HysterHugs,

Denise
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:12 AM

I Had A Tah /bso March 13 And Boy I Still Feel Like A Truck Ran Over Me. Went To My Daughters Last Night Came Home 10 Minutes Later. I Have Such A Burning Senation In My Incision At Times. Any One Else Have This. I Do Not Want To Even Drive. Only On Mortin 600. I Just Feel Like I'am Not Bouncing Back Real Fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:40 AM

My trusty inflatable donut and I are back with beautiful nails, sure wish I could grow them instead of paying for them.

So I was sitting at the nail salon and decided I should name my donut. I called my DH on the way home and he came up with the name Vin Diesel. I think he is so sexy reminds me of my DH they have the same hair cut! LOL

So now I can say that I've been sitting on Vin Diesel all day and feel great!
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:48 AM

Well I'm here! I dropped the kids off at daycare today. Then it was off to the hospital where I work. I had to park a light year away. That was my exercise for today, LOL! I had to pick up a couple of prescriptions, talk to my boss, and I ended up buying 4 new webkinz's. Then I had breakfast and trekked back to the car. I am taking the whole 6 wks off so I'll go back to work 4/26. I drove home then cleaned up the kitchen, vacuumed, and mopped. Now my body feels like a limp noodle. At this point I think the lack of energy and fatigue are my biggest complaints. I didn't realize it was going to be like this. Still have some achiness in my middle section. I'm going to take it easy until it's time to pick up the kids. I have no idea what we're having for dinner at this point. Nothing really sounds good. Very thirsty today.

I'm leaving for my mini-vacation on Sat. instead of Friday and coming home on Monday. It'll be nice to get out and hang with friends. Maybe I'll even enjoy a margarita.

Glad to hear we're all hanging in here.
Unread 04-03-2008, 11:03 AM

Oooohhh Denise - that's the antibiotic they gave me and I had a huge reaction to - look up the side effects - I got fever, chills and painful breathing and it didn't leave my system for over 24 hours! Careful, I'll pray for you!
Unread 04-03-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyknittykat
Oooohhh Denise - that's the antibiotic they gave me and I had a huge reaction to - look up the side effects - I got fever, chills and painful breathing and it didn't leave my system for over 24 hours! Careful, I'll pray for you!
Thanks, Kathie.

I think I'll be okay. I've taken it before. My only concern is how it will react with all of the other meds I'm on.

Thanks for watching out for me.

Blessings,
Unread 04-03-2008, 11:56 AM

Several of us talked about we will miss talking to each other when we have recovered. Well I was on hystersister's Connect Friends, Friends without Faces. I think we can post here to stay in contact. I sure would like to know how everyone is doing and how life is going. What do you all think?
Unread 04-03-2008, 12:04 PM

What an adventurous day this has been. Of course, it's raining.....again. I'm so sick of this weather.....it's so depressing:-( Tomorrow will be 3 weeks post-op and I finally feel like I'm over the hump.....still a long way to go though. I'm still not ready to run any marathons yet.....as I think about that, probably never. I made a trip to my work today and walked around and around and visited every office and picked up my paycheck. I feel like I answered the same questions several times.....as a matter of fact, I did. It was very good to see everyone though. I know I won't be back to work for at least 3 more weeks. I can sure tell I walked more than usual.....too much actually. To make matters worse, I stopped at the bookstore once again. It was getting too painful to stand, so I just got I wanted and left for home........a great place to be when it all hurts. I do have two more errands to do before calling it a day......pick up prom dress for DD#1 and get new shoes for DD#2. Maybe I can make it snappy.....I'm really tired. I'm weaning myself off those afternoon naps. Nighttime sleeping seems to be better if I can handle those night sweats......not good!!!!!!!!!! Check in later.
Unread 04-03-2008, 01:06 PM

BLAH day so far. My big plan of staying in bed and resting, I just cannot get comfortable. When I lie down my neck spasms, in the recliner my heinie hurts, I stand and I get backache....LOL

Sounds like time for meds. It's rainging today and I LOVE it, it's very therapeutic for me!

It seems like our post op thread is a mile long compared to some of the others. We are a chatty bunch eh!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register