Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

JC apple I had the same thing. Didnt have to go back in but as a result of spilled bleed I run a low fever all the time as my body tries to reabsorp. I was this close to needing blood as well but was so tachy and BP bouncing around they told me just to stay still until things stabalized, and they did
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 06:12 PM

Denise
I hope your feeling better. You sure have had a hard time! At least your getting everything taken care of. Sending you hugs and prayers!
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:17 PM

too bad this site doesnt have a chat feature???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 06:17 PM

Denise,
sending prayers your way girl. Hang in there : )
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:25 PM

I had a bad day today. I'm 5 days post-op. I still need to take 2 percocet every 4 hours. Today I tried to take one and I was hurting so bad! So I took another 40 min later. I must be a big baby. I'm also taking 800 mil Ibuprofen for swelling around the clock (Dr told me every 6 hrs). I had a total hyster, nothing left not even my cervix. My dr told me to go down the stairs once a day I live in a tri-level don't have much of a choice unless I stay in my room. I was alone today my DH took 4 days off work but had to go in today. I went down the stairs twice today and I felt like I just was coming home from the hospital again! I'm so sore and pains in my stomach. I'm on HRT and really hot I have a fan on all day, crazy! Is anyone else having pain too or do I really don't have a tolerence to pain? I can't sit up long because of the pain in my vargina. I had a LAVH BSO. Hopefully I'm not getting bad? Take care fellow hystersisters.
Unread 03-18-2008, 07:02 PM

sw34...you are not alone, I have the same going on. I had surgery the same day. I still take 2 percocets every 4 hours and ibuprofen in between, TVH and TOT sling. I have a large two story house and today I was up walking downstairs, chatting with DH as he was cleaning for about 15 minand sat in the office chair for 10 min. I am still paying for it now and have felt this to be my worst day yet.

The last two mornings I woke up in fierce pain due to not waking up at 2am for meds and felt like my insides had been ripped out. Tonight I am setting the alarm!

Hang in there next week we will look back and sigh some relief.
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:17 PM

Nicoler76 & ibabug, thank you for the feedback. I feel lucky to be doing so well after so much chaos. I was awake and could feel when the bleed out started. I started yelling, "Hey, HEy, HEY! I'm bleeding!" just as all the monitors started to sound off - freaky! At least my body didn't wait until they had moved me from recovery to ICU to show it's cards. It did it right there in recovery as they were trying to figure out what was going on and what to do next.

I feel bad that so many of you are chasing pain. It is so hard to get better if that stuff isn't well managed. We are all such troopers!! Good Luck to you all. I'll check back in every once in a while.

Candace
LAVH w/cervix (ovaries still in) March 14, 2008
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:18 PM

OKAY sitting here, rather lying in bed writhling in pain and I wonder why?? I should have taken my 2 percocets AN HOUR AGO!!! I actually have a yellow sticky next to my bedside table and I have been writing down times to take meds because I have forgotten when a couple times.

I am blaming this on the drugs!
Unread 03-18-2008, 09:24 PM

Thank you so much for everyone's well-wishes! I just have to give a shout out to my husband......he just changed my dressings and he was so good about it. To think.....two weeks we were seperated and this week we're playing doctor and patient. LOL....TMI, I'm sure!!!!!!

Truly....I am so grateful to have found this sight. I think I'll be visiting for a very long time.

Blessings to all.....
Unread 03-18-2008, 09:41 PM

LOL!!!!! People get in trouble from playing those games!!!

Humor is the best medicine!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register