Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 87 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Holy Moly!!!!!! Well, my intention was to not get out of bed today. However, for some odd reason I decided at 6:00 to go pick up ds from his first day at his new job. He didn't come out until 7:20!!!!!! Then I went and got myself something to eat at Arby's and then ds something at Taco Bell. Both drive thrus were backed up. It's now 8:07 and I just got home. My girly parts and my hiney hurt so bad. Plus that spot where my uterus used to be is hurting again. So, now I really am staying in bed.

Geesh, I didn't even get out of the car and I'm sore and exhausted. I can only imagine going to the grocery store or something like that. I'd never last. No wonder my dr. won't let me go back to work. I wouldn't make it an hour!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 06:18 PM

Denise when ever I made be having a bad day I just read one of your blogs and realize how lucky most of us are. We're all having it hard but your really having the hardest. I'm not sure if I'm that strong of a person to go through all that you have. You must be one hell of hell of a women. Kudos to you Wish we could all come over to help out.
Unread 04-04-2008, 06:19 PM

Denise
You sound like me. I've been doing to much too. I think it is ok to rest. I know that I will be this weekend. I'll have to remember as I start to feel better that I still have to take it easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahester65
Denise when ever I made be having a bad day I just read one of your blogs and realize how lucky most of us are. We're all having it hard but your really having the hardest. I'm not sure if I'm that strong of a person to go through all that you have. You must be one hell of hell of a women. Kudos to you Wish we could all come over to help out.
Well, I appreciate that but I wouldn't say I'm any worse off than anyone. We all have our aches and pains. Actually, if it was just the TVH I had, I probably would have been back to work this week. It's the fact that they practially sewed my rectum shut and left my va-jay-jay wide open that is giving me such a hard time! LOL

Ever since delivering my 12 lb. 12 oz. daughter vaginally 22 years ago and then deciding to have two more after her, I've been told I was pretty tough. But you know what, I've never felt particularly tougher than any other woman. But you know what......after this experience, I'm starting to beleive it. Even my doctor and her staff cringe when they have to examine me and all I hear is "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I usually end up telling them...."it's okay".

So can someone tell me what hurts.......it's right above my pubic bone where my uterus used to be, about the size of a grapefruit, and it feels just like small uterine contractions or someone just punched me in the gut!

Everyone take care......it may take me a little longer to get where you are all at but we're all in this together.

HysterHugs to all,
Unread 04-04-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Denise
You sound like me. I've been doing to much too. I think it is ok to rest. I know that I will be this weekend. I'll have to remember as I start to feel better that I still have to take it easy.
The thing is I haven't done anything at all except feel guilty. The most that I do right now on a daily basis is go down to the kitchen maybe 2-3 times a day to fix myself something to eat. Oh...and I go to the bathroom about 10 times a day. Other than that, I don't do anything. The few other things that I do, like tonight going to pick my son up, are things I force myself to do just to get myself moving.

I honestly don't know if it's my brain or my body telling me what to do. My brain tells me I need to get up and move around and I'm being lazy, but my body says, "don't move".

I just feel so guilty and lazy.....so I try to force myself to do things. But it's definitely not at the level a lot of you guys are doing.

Tomorrow, I'm going to shower, straighten my hair, and run to JC Penney's to return something and then Michaels to pick up some more yarn for my little hats. That will probably do me in. We'll see.
Unread 04-04-2008, 06:49 PM

[quote=DeniseS]I honestly don't know if it's my brain or my body telling me what to do. My brain tells me I need to get up and move around and I'm being lazy, but my body says, "don't move".

I just feel so guilty and lazy.....so I try to force myself to do things. But it's definitely not at the level a lot of you guys are doing. QUOTE]

Don't feel lazy you had the worst surgery out of all of us. You definitely deserve to rest. I didn't mean to make you feel bad I just meant over doing things and needing to rest. Take care have fun tomorrow.
Unread 04-04-2008, 06:56 PM

[quote=sw34]
  Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
I honestly don't know if it's my brain or my body telling me what to do. My brain tells me I need to get up and move around and I'm being lazy, but my body says, "don't move".

I just feel so guilty and lazy.....so I try to force myself to do things. But it's definitely not at the level a lot of you guys are doing. QUOTE]

Don't feel lazy you had the worst surgery out of all of us. You definitely deserve to rest. I didn't mean to make you feel bad I just meant over doing things and needing to rest. Take care have fun tomorrow.
Oh, no you didn't make me feel bad at all. I appreciate everyone's concern. I just feel like I should be doing soooo much more. But it is soooo hard. Like I said, I don't know if I'm being lazy or if I really do need this much rest right now. I've never been off of my feet this long.

Beleive it or not, I bounced right back after all of my kids even with all the tearing and stitiches at that time. I was in the mall a week after my first was born, in church four days after my third was born, and back to work two weeks after my second was born (albeit I worked at home). But this thing has really knocked me for a huge loop. My brain is willing, my body is just not able. All I do is sit around and my brain just goes round and round thinking about everything. I wish it would just take a nap or something! LOL
Unread 04-04-2008, 07:11 PM

[quote=DeniseS]
  Quote:
My brain is willing, my body is just not able. All I do is sit around and my brain just goes round and round thinking about everything. I wish it would just take a nap or something! LOL
I understand that feeling brain wanting to do stuff and our bodies saying No Way! At least you are doing something productive making booties and hats for the hospital. This weekend I'll be watching tv, posting on my new favorite site hystersisters, and napping when possible.
Unread 04-04-2008, 07:12 PM

Denise
You had some BIG babies! You are one tough lady!
Unread 04-04-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Denise
You had some BIG babies! You are one tough lady!
::::::

Thank you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register