Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 89 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Too Funny

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 08:57 AM

Denise I am sending you some painfree and speedy healing dust. wheph.
I know with my DD she was 8pds12oz and I had emergancy high forecepts.She was stuck with her head tilted sideways. It should have been a c-section. It took 4 pulls and on the 5th try she added cloths fro grip and was pulling so hard. I never wanted to go through that agian. Sooo many stitches, and swelling. Even to this day,almost 8 years later, I still get little troubles down there. But I don't want anyone proding there again. I can only imagine how much pain your in.
Stay with your body not your feelings. Those stupid feelings are what get you in trouble.Like walking up a small hill to get the perfect pictures of your DD dirtbiking! That was the dumbest thing I have done. But a few beers had taken off the pain. And I had someone there to help me.
STAY IN BED. To the kitchen and back. Maybe DH should stay with you in bed all weekend if he can!!At least you wouldn't be lonely!
Hugs to you
Unread 04-05-2008, 09:14 AM

DD #1 was the biggest at 12 lbs. 12 oz., 24 1/2" long. I pushed for hours and hours. Finally they got me in the delivery room and I was able to get her head out but her shoulders got stuck. It was awful. To this day I can still feel the tearing and burning. The doc snipped the episiotomy with no numbing medication whatsoever. I can remember screaming as I tried to push her shoulders out, "it's burning, it's burning" as my flesh was tearing. Next thing I remember is the doctor yelling for Dr. O (the head of the dept.) to come in and assist. He tried pushing on my belly while I pushed and the other doc pulled. The three nurses joined in on the action. So I have four people pushing on my belly while the other doc was pulling down below. i swear I thought they were going to pull her head right off. The burning is the pain I remember the most. If you ever had an indian burn......multiple that by about a milllion. It truly was torture that could have been avoided with a C-section. After five people working to get her out, it wasn't until her should dislocated that she literally flew out and was nearly dropped. She wasn't breathing. I was bleeding so profusely they removed dh from the room, knocked me out, and started stitching me up. When I awoke four hours later.....I didn't know what had happened. My big baby was actually in the NICU for the bruising and breathing problems. She was covered in dark purple hematomas from being forced through my pelvis. Five days later we both went home. She looked like she had been beaten. It was awful.

My current UroGyn that did my surgery said she had never seen such damage and was amazed that I put up with it for 20+ years. She was flabergasted at why I was allowed to deliver any of these babies vaginally. It was not necessary and should never, ever happen to any woman.
The first words out of her mouth when she did her very first pelvic exam on me was, "you REALLY need a hysterectomy"!

So here I am 22+ years later, 43 years old, recovering from this major reconstructivce surgery. The other kids weren't so big or nearly as traumatic; 10 lbs. 12 oz. and 11 lbs. 4 oz. 4th degree lacerations, as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 09:40 AM

I too vividly remember my son 14 years ago and was terrified because of it to have TVH.

My son was only 8lbs but I was 17 y/o (young & stupid!) with a very impatient doctor. He cut an epesiotomy all they way from vajayjay to rectum without any warning! The whole thing was so awful. Spent a week in hospital and came home with terrible infection in my incision. Ended up being really sick for 3 months. OKAY ERASED FROM MEMORY...Phew.

Busy day yesterday:

1. Take kids to school
2. Physical Therapy
3. Home & then pick DH for lunch
4. Lunch and clothes shopping
5. Home & Nap
6. Pick up kids and exchange clothes
7. We went to MIL last night about 40 min away. The car ride was fine, took my pillows. I was so exhausted as soon as we got there I just wanted to find the closest couch and fall down. Opted for some coffee instead and made it until 9pm.

Swelly belly was HUGE, it felt like I had an alien inside me or something big anyway. I slept like a rock last night.
Unread 04-05-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
DD #1 was the biggest at 12 lbs. 12 oz., 24 1/2" long. I pushed for hours and hours. Finally they got me in the delivery room and I was able to get her head out but her shoulders got stuck. It was awful. To this day I can still feel the tearing and burning. The doc snipped the episiotomy with no numbing medication whatsoever. I can remember screaming as I tried to push her shoulders out, "it's burning, it's burning" as my flesh was tearing. Next thing I remember is the doctor yelling for Dr. O (the head of the dept.) to come in and assist. He tried pushing on my belly while I pushed and the other doc pulled. The three nurses joined in on the action. So I have four people pushing on my belly while the other doc was pulling down below. i swear I thought they were going to pull her head right off. The burning is the pain I remember the most. If you ever had an indian burn......multiple that by about a milllion. It truly was torture that could have been avoided with a C-section. After five people working to get her out, it wasn't until her should dislocated that she literally flew out and was nearly dropped. She wasn't breathing. I was bleeding so profusely they removed dh from the room, knocked me out, and started stitching me up. When I awoke four hours later.....I didn't know what had happened. My big baby was actually in the NICU for the bruising and breathing problems. She was covered in dark purple hematomas from being forced through my pelvis. Five days later we both went home. She looked like she had been beaten. It was awful.

My current UroGyn that did my surgery said she had never seen such damage and was amazed that I put up with it for 20+ years. She was flabergasted at why I was allowed to deliver any of these babies vaginally. It was not necessary and should never, ever happen to any woman.
The first words out of her mouth when she did her very first pelvic exam on me was, "you REALLY need a hysterectomy"!

So here I am 22+ years later, 43 years old, recovering from this major reconstructivce surgery. The other kids weren't so big or nearly as traumatic; 10 lbs. 12 oz. and 11 lbs. 4 oz. 4th degree lacerations, as well.
I also had a similar delivery! My DD was not breathing so they used forceps. The DR had her foot on the table to brace herself and two nurses where pushing on my stomach. I had oxygen on and I was screaming another nurse kept plugging my nose so that I would breath to get the oxygen to my DD. I too remember how painful it was! My DH was deployed to another country so he wasn't there. They were setting up for a C-section but she shot out. I tore 4 different layers and had over 400 stitches. Come to think of it I had a Vin Diesel then too! I lost so much blood I kept passing out. I stayed in the hospital for 4 days. I had so much scaring on my cervix that my Dr had to cut through it just to give me my yearly paps. I had her 12 years ago, no other children I was to scared to have more.
Unread 04-05-2008, 09:49 AM

You are my hero! DD was stuck in the that position for 4 hours with the pushing. I ended up with a spinal for the delivery, But I still have problems with the vertibrea he used. He was a complete jerk too. I guess he was sleeping when they called him in for the anathesia.
They were wanting to do a spinal for the hyst and I kept my foot down and said absoutley not. I will not have that kind of vertibrea pain again. My Dad has had 3 disks explode and don't want to even take a chanceof someone sticking needles in there. I know they know what they are doing, but still. When you can barely stand a heavy shirt rubbing on the vert, you want to throw up.
Your other 2 babes are still BIG! Oh MY! You are a true hero! I say even though its been 22+ years, MY GAWD GIRL STAY IN BED AND EB PAMPERED! Its your time for that! Thank goodness you found that UroGyny! She is an Angel for you! Heres more Dust!WHEPH!
Unread 04-05-2008, 09:52 AM

No plans for today just resting as I was told to yesterday. Laying down sure helps take the pressure off of my vagina. I hope every one has a good day!
Unread 04-05-2008, 11:12 AM

I'm just sitting here reading the last SEVERAL posts, and thinking what I wimp I really am. I don't know how you do it Denise. God must have given you extra amounts of grace......You are one tough girl!!!!!!! I had trouble delivering a 6lb. 3oz. baby without tearing and using foreceps. I was back in the hospital in 6 days with a gaping hole where all the stitches came out and major infection.....10X the pain I'm having now. To top it all off I had a rectovaginal fistula (look that one up) that needed surgical repair. I didn't want to have the surgery because I had a newborn and couldn't handle it. Dr. said fistulas only heal on their own about 10% of the time with proper care. I said let's do it. I followed all their instructions and the healing took place, but it took a long time.....I guess I said all that to say this.....HANG IN THERE DENISE, HEALING WILL COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a C-section the second time around and that recovery was much harder than this one as well. One difference is that I can rest when I need to, I have no small children anymore. Everyone here can do for themselves, except me right now, but even that's improving.
Unread 04-05-2008, 11:19 AM

Hello ladies!!
Oh, the indignities we suffer as women... childbirth, pelvic exams, and now this:

I went to the Mall today looking for pants with stretch, and with NO zipper or buttons... something like Yoga pants I guess.
Pre-surgery pants rub on my belly and the waistband hurts by the end of the day.

Anyway, here I am in Mimi Maternity (mortified that I am even IN THERE)
- found a pair of nice black pants on sale for $19.99, they fit perfectly and are comfy AND not sweatpants.

- I get up to the counter and the girl asks me,
--- "And what is your due date?"
I am caught like a deer in headlights, finally I answer ---- " Um.... ..no?"
Unread 04-05-2008, 11:29 AM

I hit the "over-do" and "over-did" stage.

I vacuumed yesterday. I carried laundry from the upstairs to the basement, went grocery shopping (the whole family) and made dinner.

I took an hour and half nap yesterday, however you sure wouldn't have known it by the time I got home from the stores!

This morning I received the Hystersisters check points and gee, V-8 Slap to the head I was overdoing! Of course the body was letting me know too. Sooo, today is going to be nice and relaxing, getting help and sitting on my bootie (or laying on it whatever feels better).

I'm grateful for the check points because they really helped me remember the insides need to heal too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register