Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 99 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-07-2008, 03:16 AM
Ouch

I would be sleeping except for this pain I have in my right side. Ouch ouch ouch. I am out of meds and will hopefully get some tomorrow. If I could only sleep on my side I know I could sleep. This right side pain is the worst. maybe I don't remember what I felt like earlier, or perhaps it was because I was taking pain meds. I was hoping to be past this kind of pain. I would love to wake up dh and have a good cry but will refrain from waking him.

I was hoping to go into work tomorrow. I own and operate a wholesale food company with a staff of 14 - hubby works with me. I have my notebook and can moniter and boss people from home but I do need to go in, I know the female staff miss me - the guys tend to get pushy.

Tuesday I start a support group for BRCA2+ carriers. (The breast cancer gene) I am looking forward to it. Hoping I can make it.

Wed. I have an appt with ob/gyn oncologist, I will possibly go on tomoxifen to further reduce my breast cancer risk. (I might reschedulle that appt - right now I don't want to go anywhere.

I have a phone appt with my life coach on Wed. (actually it's my ADD life coach) I have been taking meds for ADD for a couple of years and recently started with this coach.

I was suppose to start a 4 week employer/gov't safety program tomorrow which I cannot possibly do.

I was hoping to go to Africa early May with hubby which I had to bow out of because I just think I can't do it. Kenya is almost like our second home - we look after a couple of orphanages there. I haven't been there for over a year and since the uprising am anxious to go.

I just had to get that all out. I am feeling overwhelmed. There is so much on our plates these days yet I have been home for the past 3 weeks (excpet for the 5 days I went to Maryland for a conference)and I will pobable have to take another week - and life just keeps on going. I am pleased to learn that I can be out of the office for this length of time and the world hasn't fallen apart. Okay, maybe I have overloaded a few staff in the meantime but it will all get back to normal evetually.

I have eaten a good amount of cookies and had a couple of glasses of milk and am starting to feel better. Incidently the cookies are Peak Frean Lifestyle Bran Crunch OMG are they ever good and guilt free - who would have thunk it!

Thanks guys - does it ever feel good to ramble on. We each have our story and each story is unique - it's a priviledge to hear and share.

I have a lot of respect for each of you as I hear your stories - we really are all the same - we want the best for our families - we dearly love our family and friends. - and man can we put up with a lot of pain.

I think I am going to go have a cry and try to sleep.
Good Night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Dolphingal,

My two-week post op included a pelvic exam and it did not hurt a bit. Best of luck with your appointment.
Unread 04-07-2008, 05:54 AM

Missed Yall!
I haven’t posted for a couple of days. The last you heard, I had not had a nap in 3 days. Guess what? Was feeling great! I OVERDID IT! How stupid when I’ve advised to all to take it easy and not over do.
Got out with dh (still have not drove) & went shopping-Lowe’s, goody’s, & grovery store. Did some gardening. Did not slow down enough to take naps. So I have paid for it all weekend. Pain in right side comes and goes, very uncomfortable.
DH goes back to work today, so I’m on my own. He’s worried that I’ll do something I should not and all this good recovery will go down the tubes. He worked really hard this weekend in the yard. He did some weeding for me and accidently pulled up a clematis. I could not get mad because he never pulls weeds. He cleared some wild honeysuckle that was headed for one of my ten flower beds. It almost killed one of my butterfly bushes. He also cleaned up a wood pile that has been in the side yard for over a year. I cooked his supper last night and he was so happy that the Lady Vols won their game!
TUNACAT- I too love history. Have watched 1-4 of John Adams on HBO. Three more episodes to go. His wife Abigail had a rough time raising 5 kids while he was away.
NICOLER76- You have a great sense of humor. Have you watched all nine seasons of Big Brother? How do you think things are going this year?
DENISE S- It’s great that you have the sailor hats to work on. I learned to crochet when I was 12 and have not in several years, may try to start again.
JUMBLEBEE- Do you think this right side pain is normal? Is it about 3 inches to the right of your navel? Does it just come and go, how frequent?
TARA L- Are all your scabs gone from your scar? Did you have staples, stitches, dermabond? Are you using vitamin E oil on it?
DOLPHINGAL- You lucky thing, living in a motorhome. Do you pretty much stay in one place or move around a lot? We are avid rver’s (camp feb-Nov)and would love to trade our 33 ft pull behind for a motorhome but can’t afford it right now.
SW34- I too can’t wait until I don’t have to depend on others. I also have done too much bending.
No big plans for the week just- post op appt on Thursday and watch Miss USA Friday with DD.
EVERYONE-Even though its almost been a month-We are not out of the woods yet! Let’s all vow not to overdo it anymore! Happy healing to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 05:54 AM

Morning ladies

Ambien gave me a good night's sleep. I still have very sharp pain localized to one area on my LEFT side (while some of you have it on the right side, that's interesting)
The pain is so sharp it makes me gasp- but is not constant, seems to come on after I have moved a certain way or if lay on the left side.

I am going to ask her about it on my next appointment, as I wonder if it is a hematoma o a hernia? Not to be jumping to conclusions, but everywhere else seems to be healing the same, just the usual pings/sting/burns and twangs of the belly and more so at the end of the day-
but the lower left side has a "hot spot"---- OUCH!

Today feeling good, gonna run a couple of errands with BF as chauffer, the weather is finally sunny and mild here in New England, and I want to go out.

I shall skip lecture tonight too. Life is short.

Again, those of you planning travel in the next month, I know I could not do it. I am still humbled by how this surgery has taken the steam out of my sails, and I am a TYPE A personality- I am Superwoman.
But just not right now : )
Unread 04-07-2008, 07:04 AM

Good morning. Boy my DD is so emotional. Do you think she could be reacting to me? I really haven't been crying like I did the second week. HUMM or PMS? Glad I won't have PMS anymore! haha

So I was looking online at Kohl's for white capris for my "period over party" invites go out today. Should be a fun time, if not at least I'll have alcohol

DD has a 2 hour delay because someone slashed bus tires. Great there goes some of our tax dollars. The phone has been ringing off the hook! Teenagers! (well she is 12. 13 in a few months.)
Unread 04-07-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Good morning. Boy my DD is so emotional. Do you think she could be reacting to me? I really haven't been crying like I did the second week. HUMM or PMS? Glad I won't have PMS anymore! haha

So I was looking online at Kohl's for white capris for my "period over party" invites go out today. Should be a fun time, if not at least I'll have alcohol

DD has a 2 hour delay because someone slashed bus tires. Great there goes some of our tax dollars. The phone has been ringing off the hook! Teenagers! (well she is 12. 13 in a few months.)
My friend was wrong the tires were not slashed air was let out of 120 buses. Good thought some of our tax dollars were gone. I was worried school programs would be cut, but no worries now.
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Good Morning

I have a cookie and milk hangover. Just woke up, I'm calling the doc and getting me some pain meds - I don't want to be superwoman anymore.

But I got so excited about wearing white whenever I want yahoo. Here is a tip to get nice whites. I gave up javex years ago. What I use is Calgon Water Softener it is a smaller sixed box ( it's a powder) It keeps things white - they do not go grey and I love how they keep socks fluffy. Also, cornstarch rubbed on oil stains will remove them. Oh I love doing laundry and I even love to clean (however thank goodness the cleaning ladies are coming over this morn)
I can't wait until I get better and I can do some spring cleaning. The winter clutter is choking me.
Oh I am feeling better.
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:46 AM

tunacat, I too am having the pain on the left.On Sat I was ready to go to the walkin , but I thought beter of it and decided to just suck it up,take a pain killer, and hang out with the family while I can.
My weekend was great! My DD played soccer and scored 5 goals. I forgot my lawnchair, and thought the bleachers would be fine. They were except for these 2 3 yrs olds.Running up and odwn, shaking the bleachers. I finally got up and said loudly, I cannot sit here with these kids jumoing on here.The kids ran off and then were back. Their Mother was sitting at the top! After sitting then standing up about 4 times, I turned and glared at her, and stated that it won't be this funny when your kids fall and smash their face on the cement at the bottom of the bleachers. Grown adults trip trying to walk up them! So off to grass to sit. Hmmm, a girl holding her tummy does not mean she has to pee!!! And I was waddleing! deep breath! thats better!
SO then it was off to the dirtbike track. My left side near the incision was burning and felt like it was tearing. Toradol to the rescue! So I set up my lounger, and laid back to watch everyone ride! There was some pro riders who gave me a funny look. But I am a Princess! I forgot my bell, and crown. So I also had my cold pack! I think once they seen that they were all good. I know I was. The hardest part was not being able to pick up my girlfriends 1 year old! She was standing there with her arms up at me with the biggest eyes! And I got some really good pictures of the kids riding!! Thats what its all about!
So yesterday was a big trip up to a bigger city for a shopping day. We hit the mall. I HAD to get some woman panties! I am throwing out my granny panties! I think I will actually burn them! AND I also found a new store! They have the cutest clothes and great pricing! Buy a pant, get the top free!!!!! The pants are like a jogging yoga pant and the top is a hoodie! SO I got 2 outfits! I am still in the joggers. Then to Costco! I was pretty cranky by the time we left. DD was like "quit yelling at me" I was not yelling at her but firmly telling her to stop walking so far ahead and quit asking for everything! I just bought her a webkinz in the mall. So today my left side is still very tender. and last night I had some beige colored discharge. SORRY TMI. BUt thats the only color I can think of. Not clear but not white. hmm. Maybr I was just tired.
AND these darn hemmies. I will call the doc today and see what to do. I had this before and ended up getting them tied off. The Doc that did it said it didn't look like your typical hemmi, but I will tie it anyway. Haven't had problems since. That was after I had DD.
Oh and then we had a massive fire at a new Retirment center being built! Completely gone. It was supposed to be done within the next month or so. So sad.
Today Iwill try and rest up. My tummy looks like I am 5 months pregnant. I had a trip in 2 weeks and cannot go in sweats. Well I guess I will have too if this stays like this.
Last grr, WHAT is with these flappy arms and legs!! I have no muscle definition! OH MY GAWD! I am fluffy and saggy! crycrycry.
Okay I am better now!!!! HAppy thoughts, happy thoughts!!
Happy DAY!!
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:56 AM

Today is not a high energy day after all, so I will only do my most pressing chores and will stay in bed otherwise.
I am definitely skipping lecture tonight.
If my body says REST, I am listening.

p.s. the sunshine today really highlights the filth of my house. Two weeks post-op, I hurt myself trying to clean. I will not make that mistake again- this house can wait for me to feel better.
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:44 AM

Morning ladies. Got to sleep in some today, the insomnia seems to have worn off. My swelly belly is gone for the time being...I did spend the last two days pretty much in bed.

Last night I had the same pain like a week after surgery, aching all the way up to my ribs and up into my shoulders.

This afternoon it's off to the PT again.

Wishing you all a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register