kinda scared/surg in 17 days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

kinda scared/surg in 17 days kinda scared/surg in 17 days

Unread 03-10-2008, 07:18 PM
kinda scared/surg in 17 days

Kinda nervous.. mine was rescheduled because Dr had to order blood.. says mine is in need of a little help.. I am really very anemic. I know I will feel so much better in the long run, but then why am I so scared and teary??
I need a hug..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2008, 07:43 PM

Hi dodyshouse

Here's a

Lots of women get nervous before their surgery, so I won't try to tell you not to be nervous because I don't think that helps. I can tell you that it gets better. I can tell you that I along with many other women have come through this and can share amazing stories.

Keep posting on this site because there are plenty of us out here to support you. I'll be praying for you.

Hey, here's another

Blessings on you ....
Unread 03-10-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodyshouse
Kinda nervous.. mine was rescheduled because Dr had to order blood.. says mine is in need of a little help.. I am really very anemic. I know I will feel so much better in the long run, but then why am I so scared and teary??
I need a hug..

here are lots of .I know it is easy for me to say take a breath and relax.I am 3 months post op and feeling great. I was really anemic also. I was in the hospital needing 4 pints of blood a few months before my surgery. I was then put on Lupron injections for 5 months to give me a chance to build up my blood. This is always the scariest time...the waiting. We are all here for support.Ask anything or just vent. ..we have all been there and have felt the same way. I will keep you in my prayers and may God bless you.
Faith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2008, 07:47 PM

Hi!
Trust me when I say every woman on here knows what you are feeling! When I discovered this site, it helped me tremendously! I am surrounded by all men in my family, so they offer support, but they cannot possibly understand. All my female friends are in my age group (35-39) and have never had to personally deal with any of the physical or emotional things I have had to deal with, within the last 6 months. Although all my friends and family are supportive, I really wanted to talk with someone who knew what I was going through, on the same level. So, believe me when I say, you are far from alone! Another great thing about this site, is no matter what time you feel like talking, someone is on this site!
Being nervous is natural. A week before my surgery one of my friends asked me if I was nervous, and I told her I would be worried if I wasn't nervous.
Best of luck to you, and remember there is plenty of support on here!
Lee-Anne

P.S. Here is a hug
Unread 03-11-2008, 03:04 PM

Its ok to be scared - all normal.
HUGS!
Unread 03-11-2008, 03:13 PM

right there with you. i'm scheduled for LSH on march 28th. i called my doc and asked for a consultation so i could get all these questions/doubts out of my head. we sat for 30 mins discussing everything - he answered ALL my questions (and there were LOTS!) and i do feel much better. still scared like crazy but at least confident that my doc has my best interest at heart and this is the right thing for me. i would be more worried if we weren't scared!
Unread 03-11-2008, 03:41 PM

dodyshouse,
sending BIG hugs...don't cry honey we are here....I believe your scared cause its the "unknown" ya know? take a deep breath, clear your mind, think positive, the doc knows what he's doing. I have Liver Issues which is scary cause my mom had a bad liver also, but I trust my doc to get it lined out for me. If you need to talk we are here...keep smilin...

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Unread 03-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks

Thank you all so much for the support. I did talk to the RN during the pre-op and I feel much better. Surgery is this Thursday and we have it all set up.. work wise, hospital wise and home wise and I am ready to roll..so to speak..
Thanks again..
Unread 03-21-2008, 08:22 PM

I'm right there with you sweetie! Hugs from one scardy cat to another! I go in this Thursday and have had to wait for almost six weeks before they could fit me in! I was a wreck in the beginning, but the wonderful sisters on this site helped me through it all. Now I just want it over with. I can't say I'm looking forward to surgery itself. Just the "getting it over with" part. It's a scary place to be, waiting and waiting. Just think about how much better you'll feel afterwards. It's for the best. Otherwise you wouldn't need it, right? Just hang in there. We're all here for you (at least until Thursday LOL!).

HUG! HUG!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register