No More Fibroids !!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No More Fibroids !!!! No More Fibroids !!!!

Unread 03-11-2008, 02:14 PM
No More Fibroids !!!!

I am a lady in my mid 40's plagued with submucousal fribroids for 6 years. I had an ablation and a fibroid resection 1 year ago in an attempt to preserve my uterus. This procedure failed for me and in fact made things worse.

I lived with very low iron levels for years - my periods were extremely heavy whereas I was scared to leave my home.

I had reservations of course with having a hysterectomy - but in the end my qualify of life was deterioriting more and more with each passing month and I knew I must make a decision.

I just wanted to let you know, that I am now two months out from a TAH (due to fibroid size) kept ovaries and I feel absolutely on top of the World. I am energized, sex is great and I look back with no regrets....I tried to save her....but could not - but I saved me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2008, 03:14 PM
This is so good to hear...

I have recently been told that I have large fibroids and should have a partial Hyrsterectomy... Pull out the uterus, save the ovaries... I am 42 years old & was hoping to still conceive but with the issues I'm facing I might be out of luck. I have an appt w/my OBGYN of 25 years next Tuesday to see if there's any other options at all. It's good to hear that someone had the same procedure and it feeling on top of the world. Wish me luck.
Unread 03-11-2008, 04:58 PM
No More Fibroids !!!!

Well..happy for you , so you are not missing her at all? It was a good decision for you, i wish you could help me! i had my 3rd hemoglobin done in the past 5 weeks,today it was a 9.5..i guess to most that isnt too bad..5 weeks ago it was 11 than 10 now this..i had 2 periods in that 5 week timeframe..i dont want to leave the house for 3-4 days because if i dont have on 3 pads i will go thru everything..Im getting so sick of this..but for me i dont really have a diagnosis other than a bulky,bloggy,huge uterus..yep, that is what my brain surgeon doc tells me..So anyway next week im going to a new gyno with all my blood results and a sono report..i was also told to have another sono to check on a cystic mass that showed in the first sono 3 weeks ago..i need and want answers...if i have fibroids where the heck are they? not showing up on an internal and external sono...go figure..I really feel like i lost faith in my doctor,who i am using for 27 yrs and delivered all my kids..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2008, 05:26 PM
No More Fibroids !!!!

I don't miss my fibroids either!

I, too, did not leave home for the few real heavy days during my period. In fact, I barely left the bathroom. The periods also started to come every three weeks rather than every four, so it seemed I was always having one as each period would last a week or more.

Quality of life does suffer with real large fibroids and the heavy periods they cause. I play sports and had to miss many games. I had to miss work. I've stayed home on a long weekend because of you-know-what. Now I am so happy! I can plan in advance and be confident that I can keep the committment. Don't know if the sex is better, I haven't had my post-op appointment yet, but I imagine it is better without that huge uterus. Can't wait to find out! DH too. He says my belly is noticably smaller. I knew that not ALL of that was beer-belly!

Wishing happiness to all Sisters.

icehawk
Unread 03-12-2008, 08:04 AM
No More Fibroids !!!!

I am almost a month ahead of you and I really noticed my swelly belly started to get smaller at about 8 weeks out. Now my belly is smaller than it was prior to surgery and I don't have the prego look!

All of the best to everyone and your decisions!
Unread 03-18-2008, 11:53 PM
No More Fibroids !!!!

Melakat400

I've just had my 6 week follow up appointment (and I only had to wait one hour, good thing I like to read and know enough to bring a bottle of water...) Dr ( the best in the world as far as I'm concerned. he's been on the news doing wounderous things with women and their unborn when there's other complications like an aneurism on the arota and her unborn is going to be premature and caesarean to boot...) Dr says I'm good-to-go! I can lift and carry my own cases of beer etc... I'm happy to hear that you are doing well. I don't really know if I had "swelly belly" I have a beer gut anyway and my 26 week size uterus (full of fibroids, lost 10 lbs) kind of fit in. I apologize now to those who do not appreciate irony and dry humour and Candians! (Canadian spelling).

Take care Sister do well, go far, and have fun!
Unread 03-18-2008, 11:54 PM
No More Fibroids !!!!

Sorry Melakat400, I initially missed the part where you were from Vanouver. I'm in Edmonton. GO OILERS GO!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register