Bright red spotting 11 days post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bright red spotting 11 days post-op Bright red spotting 11 days post-op

Unread 03-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Bright red spotting 11 days post-op

Ok, I was told to expect an increase in discharge around 10 days post-op, which would be from the stitches in my cervix disolving. I was NOT told it might be bright red, and I'm a little freaked since the reason for my SAH was major hemorrhaging and the sight of blood at this point scares me. Is this normal??? It's not a lot...just when I wipe, really. Having some brown mucus-y discharge, too, which doesn't bother me as much, since it's old blood and likely from disolving stitches. Any one else had this? When does it stop? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2008, 08:51 PM

Did you over exert yourself prior to seeing the blood? It's possible that you may have pulled a stitch or something. Call your doctor just to ease your mind.
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:52 PM

Well hyster29, I was told that anything from pink, brown, to a bright red that was watery and not a clot or hemmorrhage was alright. But others are warned that bright red should be checked. To be on the safe side, you should call your doctor. Mine started a bright watery-red (of course I freaked), then it went to pinkish-brown.

Good luck,

bitterpill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 12:36 AM

Yesterday it was 5 weeks I been bleeding!
Unread 03-12-2008, 01:29 AM

I just had an episode at 4 am today with some bleeding and then I passed out. I have just been spotting but this woke me up, filled a pad and the toilet then caused me to pass out. My husband caught me and laid me on the floor. We called the Dr. he said as long as it had stopped it was ok. As we heal and scar tissue forms this can happen. But if we pass clots and the bleeding doesn't stop then it is time to get to the hospital. It was very freaky and scared us all a bit!
Unread 03-12-2008, 06:21 AM

I had bright red spotting at 7 days post op - it started after a bowel movement (even tho I was very careful to not push). I called the doc and he told me to "stay horizontal" for a day or two as he thought I might have pulled a stitch. He said it would heal quickly as long as I stayed still and laid down. 3 days later it was about the same (not alot - maybe 1 - 2 tablespoons over every 6 hrs) so I called him back. He said if it was a stitch it should have healed, so he asked me to "get a little active" to see if it got worse - if it did I was to call him right away. It stayed the same and he said it was just normal post op discharge. I've been bleeding / spotting every day since then but now its more of a pink color.
Its probably normal but if it gets worse you might want to call your doctor just to play it safe.

Katsfeather - I'd pass out too !
Unread 03-12-2008, 08:46 AM

Thanks for all your responses, ladies! I feel a lot better about it...only happened twice & didn't even fill a pad, so I'm sure it's normal.

Katsfeather~Goodness! That sounds very scary...I can definitely relate because that's how my hemorrhaging episodes started. Hope that was it for you, and you're recovering now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register