Eyesight better!?!?!?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Eyesight better!?!?!?! Eyesight better!?!?!?!

Unread 03-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Eyesight better!?!?!?!

I have had heavy enough periods since I was 13 to always leave me a little anemic at the end. The last couple of years pre hysterectomy I got to the point that I was bleeding more and more each month. By the time I had surgery I was pretty much having two periods a month with spotting in between.

Now, 3 months post op, my daily headaches are gone, I don't 'gray out' when I stand up too quickly, my hands and feet are no longer constantly freezing, and the fatigue is gone. What really blows my mind though, is that my eyesight has improved 45% over last year! I no longer need reading glasses, and can pass a drivers license test without my contact lenses.

Has anyone else experienced this, or am I just 'weird'?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Eyesight better!?!?!?!

Did you keep your ovaries? If not, are you on any HRT?

Thanks!

My eyes are bad but I have no ovaries and am trying to wean from HRT.
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Eyesight better!?!?!?!

I had everything removed. I tried hrt for about a month, but it made my breast cysts very angry so I stopped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Eyesight better!?!?!?!

Ok, so I had my annual eye exam about 2 months after surgery. My regular eye doctor was out of town so I saw someone else. This is the first time I ever met this man. He does the exam and reviews my chart...He says, "You recently had a hysterectomy didn't you?" I about hit the floor. He said that it is normal for women who have had their ovaries removed to regain some previously lost eyesight. He was puzzled in my case beacuse I kept my ovaries. I am a nurse, and I had never heard of anything like this before.
Unread 03-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Eyesight better!?!?!?!

Well, I'm in the midst of trying to get off of my HRT for the 3rd and, hopefully, last time. I do notice that when I'm off of HRT for a few days things seem to be brighter...

But, then, I become an angry and agitated "you know what". I wonder, if I kept to it, how long this would last.

I guess I won't know until I try. Maybe I can chuck those reading glasses in the garbage!
Unread 03-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Eyesight better!?!?!?!

That's really interesting. I had 20/20 vision, but had been using glasses to get to 20/15 and for computer reading. For the past year, I've been wearing my glasses daily, and if I didn't - my eyes would hurt from the screen. But I've now gone a few days without picking up my glasses, and was just thinking to myself how odd it is that I'm not grabbing for them.
Unread 03-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Eyesight better!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srw78
Ok, so I had my annual eye exam about 2 months after surgery. My regular eye doctor was out of town so I saw someone else. This is the first time I ever met this man. He does the exam and reviews my chart...He says, "You recently had a hysterectomy didn't you?" I about hit the floor. He said that it is normal for women who have had their ovaries removed to regain some previously lost eyesight. He was puzzled in my case beacuse I kept my ovaries. I am a nurse, and I had never heard of anything like this before.

The only thing any of my doctors can come up with, is that before surgery I was hypovolemic from almost constant blood loss, at that I'm now functioning with a 'full tank' so to speak.
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Eyesight better!?!?!?!

This is crazy! I just had my vision appointment on Monday. I have horrible vision and have always gotten slightly worse over the years. This time my eye docter was ecstatic. He said my eyes looked really healthy and that my vision had gotten better enough that he considered changing my prescription but wanted to wait 6 months to see if there is more improvement. YEAH! He also said that it could have come from the surgery. YIPPEE!
Unread 03-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Eyesight better!?!?!?!

I'm curious. Was everyone who experienced an improvement in eyesight suffering from excess bleeding before surgery?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register