hard incision | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hard incision hard incision

Unread 03-12-2008, 12:21 PM
hard incision

I am 3 weeks post op and I am wondering if it is normal to have the incision be hard underneath. I sometimes have a burning and tearing feeling but then noticed the other day that when I feel the incision site it is hard.

Probably normal just wondering though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 12:56 PM
hard incision

Do you mean the incision itself or the whole area (ie: the famous "swelly belly") ? My swelly belly goes from hard to soft to hard to harder to soft to hardest --- I can't figure out the pattern LOL. right now everything (including the actualy incision) is soft but that can change at a moments notice the way my body is reacting LOL
Unread 03-12-2008, 01:08 PM
hard incision

I have that too. My bikini cut incision has healed so nicely, but when I run my fingers along it, it is really hard under the skin, almost an inch on either side. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday and one of my questions is going to be why it is hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 01:21 PM
hard incision

I have that too. I noticed it last friday. and I called my doctor cause it was really hard only on the left side of the incision about an inch and to about an inch above, and I was in alot of pain on friday. I talked to the nurse and she said it was pobably that more work was done on that side and I'm healing quicker on the right. She also said as long as it wasnt red or hot and I didnt have a fever it was ok. The pain didnt get worse, I took motrin and used my herb heat pack, now almost a week later and I feel soooo much better. It could be a time thing. I was 3 weeks post op when I found that as well. Hope week 4 you find yourselve feeling better. I know I do. Listen to your body
Unread 03-12-2008, 04:12 PM
hard incision

The hard ridge under the incision is the internal stiches in the fascia layer. After, and only after, your external incision has healed completely, you can massage the incision with cocoa butter or something like that and it will help to break up scar tissue and hopefully smooth the incision out.

Check with your Dr if you are not sure if you should do this yet. My Dr cleared me so I know I am ok.
Unread 03-12-2008, 04:42 PM
hard incision

I am finding it is a rope like feeling underneath the incision. I am rubbing Vitamin E Oil into it and it helps..
Unread 03-12-2008, 07:21 PM
hard incision

I had this too. I am 12 weeks out and it is almost gone. I rubbed Jason Vitamin E oil on it after about week 9, twice per day. I kid you not, I can BARELY see my scar now. It is so small, you can't even believe I had surgery. I am amazed!
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:21 AM
hard incision

Thank you all so much. I don't go to the Dr until the 28th so I will ask him about it then. I don't know about rubbing on it though it hurts quite a bit still. Sometimes I think that I must be the wimpiest person alive for thinking that this thing still hurts. I am still taking pain medicine for it. I don't know maybe I need to just suck it up. I keep trying to tell myself that I still hurt because I also delivered a baby but I don't think that is gonna fly much longer now that I am 3 weeks out.

Thank you all so much for the replies. My husband is wonderful and my children are helpful but no one realluy understands. I am so thankful for a place to go to talk to people who know and don't say stupid things like at least you have four kids, or you are still alive (ok that one isn't so stupid) or now you won't have to worry about a period.
Unread 03-13-2008, 06:14 AM
hard incision

My incision is hard to, I am 3 weeks post op, the left side is more hard and swollen then the right side. I called my gyn and she said that its ok for it to be more swollen on one side. I also have swelling, the incision swells, it looks great it just swells. Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register