pelvic pain and pressure after TVH w/A&P repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pelvic pain and pressure after TVH w/A&P repair pelvic pain and pressure after TVH w/A&P repair

Unread 03-12-2008, 05:21 PM
pelvic pain and pressure after TVH w/A&P repair

I am 20 days post op and I am feeling really down and discouraged after having a hysterectomy for pelvic prolapse. I also had cystocele and rectocele repair done. I am hoping what I'm feeling is to be expected at this point--but I still feel like I have prolapse--lots of pain and pressure in my bottom and I feel like I have a UTI, lots of urinating and bladder spasms. I saw my doctor last week for a 2 week post op visit and he assured me that there was no cystocele or rectocele and that my healing was going well--but I haven't felt much progress at all. He did say that I had a lot of work done and that the healing process may take longer than expected--I feel like if I saw some improvement I would have a better attitude and that would help with my healing--but its hard to stay positive when I feel so rotten. Are my expectations at this point too high? If so, what would more realistic expectations be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 05:38 PM

You are like me, really eager to heal NOW! I am right there with you and I am sorry you feel rotten too. This recovery is hard.

I am going stir crazy, want to exercise, but when i do, I get light bleeding and ab cramps...I had a big circle, about 3" in diamater cut out between my rectum and vagina, so that is the area hurting me right now.... everything else feels fine.

When the doc does a lot of work, like on you and me, I think it just takes longer. I am almost 7 wks and still having spasms in my pubic area and bladder. They are less frequent each week, but some days, they are still bad. I can't believe the doc says we can resume sex at 6 weeks..I think it would kill me! No way! :0 I hope you continue to heal and are feeling better soon. This is a rough process, much harder than I thought it would be, both physically and emotionally.
Unread 03-12-2008, 06:18 PM

(((soloved))) I know it's hard not to feel discouraged, but I wanted to let you know that I was where you are now at 20 days post op. The repairs do cause a lot more swelling and take longer to heal, and in the meantime it feels like there is a 'bulge' down there, just like a prolapse. But by the time I was 6-8 weeks post op, that swelling had substantially gone down and I didn't have that bulging feeling anymore.

in there!

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 06:27 PM

I had TVH with rectocele repair on 1-08 and had pressure and pain until I was 6 weeks post op, it got so bad I went to the ER because I was sure something was wrong. The recovery is much longer when you have other repairs along with the hysterectomy so give yourself time and try not to worry too much, I did and drove myself crazy thinking my surgery failed because I felt like I still had a prolapse.
Unread 03-12-2008, 08:59 PM

Thank you so much for your "hugs" and supportive words. The decision to have this surgery was really hard for me. I was really positive going into surgery though--and was expecting to stay upbeat because I was finally going to feel better--sounds like I will in time--I wish my Doctor had been a little more forthcoming about what to expect afterward.
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:11 PM

I feel the same way and Tuesday its 6 weeks for me. I feel like something is down there again, but nothing looks weird....I had much done as well....and I am stil bleedin too....we have to be more patient with ourselves.
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:15 PM

You girls make me feel so much better! I too feel like something is down there...and my belly swells and is tender............I am relieved reading this!!!!
Unread 03-13-2008, 01:33 AM

I'm so glad to know its not just me I had a TVH with A & P repair due to a prolapsed uterus around the same time as yourself and I certainly am feeling the same things as you have mentioned. Some days are better than others, today has been a bad one and I started to panick thinking perhaps I have done something wrong and damaged the repairs. The pressure and discomfort is worse today as I think I am constipated and of course one cannot push..so more fibre and hopefully things will improve. In the early days I couldn't even push for urination it was just terrible, but generally things are slowly improving.

My Doc did say that I expected to much and I had undergone major surgery and reconstruction and I would be terribly bruised inside and things would need time to heal.

I often think because I haven't undergone open surgery and visually I look fine, that I and sometimes others expect too much.

Anyway, everyones comments have made me feel normal, so slowly but surely we'll all get there. Keep Smiling.
Unread 03-13-2008, 03:05 AM

I'm so relieved I'm not alone.I have the same feeling,can definately feel something there,thought I'd done too much (I've tried to be good!lol),and had undone all the surgeons work.Its been really worrying me for days too.Its so encouraging to know things will improve,thank you all,you're great!
Jenny

TVH-adenomyosis & posterior repair
Unread 03-13-2008, 06:10 AM

How nice to be able to start the day with support from "the sisters". Sounds like we have quite a journey ahead of us. Are any of you still experiencing alot of drainage --I am and its keeping things really damp and uncomfortable down there. Yuck! It seems like something isn't healing--but again, my doctor told me that this is to be expected and could go on at least until 6 weeks maybe longer. I've also been told to stay on stool softeners as long as needed--but wonder if I'll ever be able to stop using them. I had all this surgery to feel "normal" again. Hoping that day will come eventually.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register