Anybody else hate drinking water? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anybody else hate drinking water? Anybody else hate drinking water?

Unread 03-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Anybody else hate drinking water?

I know its good for me and I need to do it - but I hate drinking water. I have to keep reminding myself and often forget. I can drink 10 cups of tea, no problem, but I am told it's not quite the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 02:40 PM

I have a 1/2 gallon drinking bottle (4 lbs when full). I have my daughter fill it and bring it to me first thing in the morning. Just having it sitting there reminds me to drink more water. Also, it's right there, I have to get up to get something else. That way either I drink water, which is good for me, or I walk, which is good for me.
Unread 03-13-2008, 03:24 PM

Oh I sure do! I have always hated water, the taste to me is gross. I have to be extremely thirsty in order to drink some. I was an avid Dr. Pepper drinker so as of my surgery day I stopped drinking it constantly and have changed to iced tea, I figure at least it is made from water and better for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 04:11 PM

Hi ladies,

I have been forcing myself to drink at least 6 8oz glasses of water a day for about 2 years now. I found that I feel better and my skin is MUCH happier. It was not easy to get started and keep up the habit. I have a few suggestions that can help make it easier.

1. Try using a straw, sounds weird but I can for some reason drink more water when I use one. I have suggested it to other people and they also found it helps.

2. Try adding a little cranberry juice, lemon, lime, etc to your water. It adds a little flavor but still keeps the benefits of plain water.

3. Get a reusable water bottle like a Nalgene bottle. it has markings that tell you how much you have consumed and like the straw it can be easier to drink more out of a bottle. You can also have it with you all the time and it is a reminder to drink more.

Hope these help and good luck!
Unread 03-13-2008, 04:30 PM

Hi Katsfeather,

I know how hard it is for many people to drink water. I'm a huge advocate of water. It's one of the best things you can do for your body. ms. anne is right, you would see many noticable things change with skin, hair etc... and her suggestion to add cranberry, lemon, lime etc really does help.

You mentioned that you have replaced Dr. Pepper with ice tea. Unfortunately, both of those beverages are full of caffein. Caffein is a diuretic and will literally will rob your body of water. For one cup of caffein, your body is robbed of two cups of water.

Healing is dependent on hydration. You would be doing yourself a huge favor to try to drink as much water as you can.
Unread 03-13-2008, 04:41 PM

Oh Yea, I hear ya. I never used to drink water before surgery. I always knew how good it was, but always found something different and better.

NOW I'M AFRAID to drink anything else, and I'm starting to like it too.

I will have a couple of cups of hot tea in between, but it's caffene free. How boring, but the benefits are worth it.

Drink up ladies
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:03 PM

Okay....okay ladies. I hear ya. I know water is one way to safeguard against UTI and post-op we are very susceptible. I just got myself a bottle with the straw and everything. Have it sitting out here. Taking tiny sips. Ugh. Katsfeather you better drink up honey - the ice tea is a cop out.
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:06 PM

I absolutely HATE water. I have been trying to drink water since surgery, but not very successfully. The past few days I have felt very weak and have no energy and have been wondering if it is because I'm dehydrated. I will try to add something to the water for flavor.
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:16 PM

Dbincolorado,
YOU MUST DRINK WATER....in the past 15 minutes I FORCED myself to drink half a bottle (small one). Almost killed me. But I think it is more a habit and takes getting used to. Watch out ....I am going to check back in half an hour... and NAG you some more.
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:18 PM

I have always been an avid (or addicted Pepsi drinker ), but I drank a lot of water too I only drink bottled water. I don't know whether that makes it more tolerable or not.

After surgery I had to increase my fluid intake to 10 - 12 8oz glasses a day (my bladder got knicked and those were the orders of the - since I went home with the catheter - for 18 days - I could watch my output.) Let me just say that when you constantly watch it come out, you will trade everything for water.

I have always found that I like it better at room temperature. I buy 2 sizes and know that if I drink 2 of each per day, I reach my goal. I also know that by certain times of the day, I have to have finished the different bottles or I will not get it all in.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register