I really over did it! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I really over did it! I really over did it!

Unread 03-15-2008, 01:32 AM
I really over did it!

So at day 6 I was feeling really well and had a friend drive me and my son to his dentist appt in Seattle. It's about an hour drive to and from, and he was getting a root canal so the appt was 3 hours. When I got home, I was wiped out- but felt pretty good.
I went to bed and when I woke up- I couldn't move. I mean I litterally couldn't move. It's been 3 days now an it's slowly getting better- but this was WAY worse than any pain I have had from this surgery. I almost called the medics the night before last. But then i thought, What am I supposed to tell them? That I'm an idiot?

If you feel good- TAKE IT EASY! It's so not worth this!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2008, 01:48 AM
I really over did it!

That is really scary. I was planning to go to the shopping centre which is about an hours drive away from me, spend a bit of time looking around, and then come home. My DH said yesterday "Are you sure youre up to it?" and after reading your post I am having second thoughts. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Big hugs Ally xx
Unread 03-15-2008, 03:22 AM
I really over did it!

ally:
You may be alright... if you notice you are approx 4 weeks ahead of Jazzy.
I too felt good at one week and went out to dinner with friendss.. Big mistake, but at 4 weeks my family came down to go to an appt. with me and we walked all over ... I was tired but not dragged down like you get in the first couple of weeks.
Good luck in your recoveries and remember to rest when you need to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2008, 12:48 PM
I really over did it!

ooohmygod...I have been running amok after my surgery - I am 10 days post-op and doing stuff that I know I should not be doing. Sunday I was thinking of going to the jazz in the park concert, long dinner after - basically spending the whole day out in the sun. Having second thoughts now....
Unread 03-15-2008, 05:25 PM
I really over did it!

I would definitely recommend that for the first 2 weeks for sure you just take it easy and rest and not do much (and really for the full 6 weeks to take it easy and not do much). The first 2 weeks are the most critical, I think, in the healing process. I have heard way too many stories (not necessary on this site, but from other people I know) where women over-did it the first few weeks after surgery and ended up back in surgery a year or two later with severe adhesions. This happened to my aunt. My aunt had a hysterectomy 10 years ago, and her doctor actually did not tell her any restrictions (not sure why.....), and so she started doing a lot of her normal activities within the first week after surgery. She tells me that she remembers being completely exhausted and hurting, but she had the mentality that she needed to just push through all the pain.

Anyway, a year later, she started having abdominal pain... she ignored it.... then 2 years after surgery, she was in such severe abdominal pain she found herself back in surgery with severe adhesions all throughout her abdomen.... it was a mess.

Anyway, maybe she is an extreme example, but just take it easy. I know after this 6 weeks of recovery, I have NOOOOOOO desire to go through surgery again. haha. I'll be 6 weeks post-op on Monday, and am just NOW starting to get back into my normal life activities.

Take this time to enjoy the moment. It's rare that we as women are able to just sit and do nothing for 4 - 6 weeks.... :-) I know even though there were some very difficult & painful moments over this 6 weeks, I just tried to live in the moment and enjoy this time to rest and relax.... I don't know when I've had this much time in my adult life to just rest.

Jazzygal --- I'm also from Washington.... I am 20 minutes from downtown Seattle.

Take care!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register