BM question (sorry if this is gross) - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

BM question (sorry if this is gross) BM question (sorry if this is gross)

Unread 03-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Whooaa....

I did my 3 Colaces yesterday and then again today, plus I did the warm prune juice....but still it is like giving birth....I truly think it is from the cuff repair, BM's are more painful (getting easier though) than when I gave birth to our first son and he was 10lb 6oz and 24 1/2 inches long....I keep telling myself that if I lived through that birth, then I will surely survive the BM's.

Today was easier and I am sooooo glad that I am able to go....I'm just ready for the Who-Ha to be healed....

Keeping my fingers crossed....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 03:08 PM
BM question (sorry if this is gross)

I had three vaginal deliveries with no meds, no epidural, nothing 22, 20, & 17 years ago weighing in a 12 lbs 12 oz., 11 lbs. 4 oz., & 10 lbs. 12 oz. I think I would do all three births again, if I didn't have to go through what I'm going through now....but then again they are why I'm in this mess in the first place. But at least at the end of that I had a beautiful little baby in my arms. I have no need for what I'm delivering now! LOL
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:16 PM

Maybe that has something to do with it too...because with birth, you have something so wonderful and precious that you don't focus on the pain...and EVERYBODY wants to help when the baby is involved....now with surgery, when I'm cranky and sore...everyone wants to stay away (go figure...I couldn't imagine, LOL)....that must be it, because like you my big babies were nothing compared to this....sheeeeeshhhhh....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 07:57 PM
i dont bite....

yeah i notice whenever the thousands of fam and friends that call and i say ohhh im not doing so good today or actually heaven forbid say its the worst pain ever they tend to shy away but if i LIE and say oh yeah piece of cake only 11 days since the surgery but yeah perfectly fine. Why dont they wanna hear the truth. Especially my mom geez i feel i gotta sugar coat it for her the most. I actually helped with the egg hunt over the weekend just because i didnt want to be laying around looking sickly around her.
Unread 03-26-2008, 07:47 AM

I know....they expect that since we are almost two weeks post-op that it is back to the full-swing of real life....wrong.

My sisters are doomed....if they ever have to have surgery....I'm going to stay as far away as I can....I'm not going to offer to help with their kids, cleaning their houses, food, nothing....they have really hurt my feelings....

PS. As you can tell, this is a very emotional day and I don't even know why!
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:16 AM

Well, it seems like the honeymoon is over on our side too. That's husband who's praises I was singing just two days ago apparently is done being Mr. Nice Guy. He seems to be avoiding me now so he doesn't have to do my dressing change. So now I've gone without packing/dressings for two days. Dirty dishes sit on my nightstand.

There are six people in my house right now, including my 68 year old mom. Do you think anyone but her can get up out of their lazy beds or off their lazy butts and let theses dogs out in the morning. My mother is in another room and has to get up and do it. My husband who lies right next to me can't even hear them.

If it wasn't for my mom right now....I honestly don't know what I would do anymore. I thank God I have her. I know that's more than alot of people have. But it's knowing that their are six other ADULTS (the youngest is 17) in this house and it's basically my mom that is carrying all the burden. It's going to burn her out, then what? Ugh....I hate everyone in my family right now.
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:09 AM

I hear you! My DS (14) doesn't want to help at all with the DS (18 months) at all...and my DH?????? Well...he decided to rotate tires and change brakes on my Mazda...why, I don't know....I won't be driving it this week??? It was huge drama for the DH to take the DS (9) to baseball practice today....all he had to do is drive him...I got the bat bag ready, fixed his lunch and had his clothes ready????? What the heck?

The only thing I hear from the family is....what are we going to eat?

My family is not ranking high on my list today....it's one of two things....I can scream or I'll cry....pretty simple, but seems to be a lot of stress!

Denise, I am glad that you went to the Dr. the other day....I hope that you feel a little better today than you have the past couple.
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:48 AM

My DH is kind of acting the same way. He said you should be up moving more. When I say that I went downstairs 5 times and eat dinner at the table then I say I hurt he says you have to move more. Why it hurts like **** and I start to get sore. My bleeding hasn't stopped. It isn't really bad but it is a strange color-light orange. I have my 2 week appt on Monday. Why do our DH think that we should bounce back to normal only a few weeks later? The family expects to much of us why can't we get a break? Take care of yourselves!
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Amen...

Amen to that!

I have no idea what my DH is thinking? My discharge instructions say NO LIFTING OVER 10 LBS for 14 DAYS; so how does he expect me to care fully for the DS (18 months old) when he weighs almost 30 lbs?

Ding Ding...you would think his light bulb would go off sooner.... It's like talking to the flippin wall!

His response to me...is that he had ACL surgery...whatever, he needs to get over himself quickly....knee surgery versus major gynecology surgery...hmmm....now that takes a rocket scientist to figure out. I think this whole ordeal has made me more of a smart a**...go figure....you would think that there would be a little more sympathy...house full of guys is going to be the death of me!
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:50 PM

I want someone to start that husband reform school!! It would be a good leverage tool! I could SCREAM today also and not for Ice-cream...lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register