Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

Unread 03-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

If your hysterectomy was between Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Luck of the Irish with me today

This Swede had the Irish with me all day. I left for the this morning believing I would be sleeping there tonight and if I needed a TAH (which I was first told was probably how it would go) I'd be there for 2 or 3 days. In my pre-op with my DR on 03/05 she told me she was going to try Lap first in hopes that she could get the mass that way. Had them on both ovaries and they were somewhere between the size of an orange and grapefruit. In Pre-op my nurse Patty was of Irish heritage wearing a green smock with shamrocks all over it. Off to the OR at 10:45 and my DH tells me he got the call at 1:00pm from my DR that I was on my way to recovery. Post-op nurse Maureen, another Irish lass, was wearing the same design smock that Patty had on and they were the only two nurses that were wearing that particular smock. I was not in major discomfort then and I'm still doing OK. I had an Gyn/Onc scrubbing in "just in case" and it goes without saying I am so glad we didn't need her. I ended up with a LAP/BSO and as one of the nurses said this BSO doesn't stand for Boston Symphony Orchestra. I arrived home at 5:30pm and DH went off to the pharmacy to get my meds. Would you believe the pharmacist's last name was O'Sullivan! Doesn't get any better than that. What a day! Love to all my Sisters and to every one who sent me PM's and prayers, they certainly worked.
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

Carol -- how awesome!! I had to do a double take -- couldn't believe you were really on-line already! Sounds like the luck 'o the Irish was definitely there for you today!! Take care and don't forget to ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 11:32 AM

Hello Sisters! I had my TAH yesterday morning and I'm resting comfortably at the castle now. The nurse came in and removed my IV (along with the morphine pump) about an hour ago. Two things I noticed about that morphine...first, it it makes ya scratch like CRAZY and the second is it gives you a false sense of "...heyyy, this doesn't hurt too bad". Now that it's wearing off, ummmm, yes, it does hurt that bad.

My nurses are GREAT and seem to be going well above and beyond the call of duty. My surgeon came by about 30 minutes ago and after he checked me out, he gave me a couple pictures of him holding my uterus and boy is that thing DISTORTED. Now I really understand why I was bleeding and cramping so much.

pain meds are starting to kick in (I'm on orals now that my morphine pump is gone), so I'm going to lay down and get a nap. Oh, I've also noticd that I don't have the dreaded gas that a lot of people get. I have burped a couple times, but I havent really experienced any gas PAINS per se...hmmm, maybe I'm speaking too soon. I'll check in later.

Saltspray, I hope you're still recovering well. oh, I almost forgot - I wore St. Patricks day body stickers in for my procedure yesterday and everyone seemed to get a big kick out of it...as a matter of fact, the OR staff didn't even remove them, I still had my stickers on when I get to recover.
Unread 03-18-2008, 11:54 AM

Hello ladies,
Just got home from the Castle. had my LSH yesterday morning. All went smooth and I am not home with my heating pad. i have been making in by with just 800mg motrin which is great for me!
The doctors and nurses that took care of me were splendid!
Thanks for the well wishes.
heather
Unread 03-18-2008, 02:09 PM

Hello ladies:

I am still in the hosptial and ended up having a lap and a TAH. My uterus was so full of fibroids and scar tissue that she had to open me up. I am doing great though except that I cant pee. I have a sling as well. I am not on morphine and haven't thrown up once which I usually do. I am walking around and feel pretty good considering. I was told I could go home today but want to stay in one more night and be pampered.

Robyn
Unread 03-19-2008, 06:41 AM

two days post op and I'm praying that my surgeon will let me go home today. I was informed by my nurse last night that I won't be going anywhere until I pass gas...who whould have known that gas would be so important? I know everyone is different, but I am in a LOT of pain right now

I've been up quite a bit trying to walk the hospital halls as much as possible. I'm peeing fine but haven't pooped yet...I guess I'll get really worried about that around day 4 or so if I haven't gone by then.

I have a feeling I'm rambling (just had my pain meds about 45 mins ago). I'll try to hop back on later today
Unread 03-19-2008, 08:07 AM

GoldEElocks, I too took two days to pass gas and had to spend 2 nights, I was in considerable pain and could feel the gas filled colon press and move on the inside incisions. One it happend boy what a relief! LOL Look forward to it!!

Good luck.
Unread 03-20-2008, 06:38 AM

Nicole, I think all the gas is gone and I feel sooooooooooo much better. Don't ya just love how we can come on here and talk about poop and gas so comfortably?...hee hee, anyway, I think I actually made the gas worse because I'd thrown together some soup in the crock pot before I left for the hospital and without thinking, I put KIDNEY BEANS in it...ugh, I'd had several bowls when I realized I was making things a little worse.

Ok, so it's 3 days post op and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm having a intermittent bloody discharge from the vaginal cuff. Dr. says it's normal and as long as I don't pass any clots or 'period bleeding' then all is good. If this is the worst of my bleeding for the rest of my life, I'll take it.

It felt good to sleep in my bed last night...even if the only position was on my back. My abodminal area was really puffy last night and seems to have gone down some this morning. I'd say my pain was about a 6 or 7 (on a scale of 10) this morning, so I took some ibuprophen and 1/2 lortab...trying to wean off the heavy duty stuff.

Oh, I have to go to my dr's office to have my staples removed on Monday, so that has me a bit nervous. Now if I could just poop :-( ...

Where are the rest of my March 17th sisters? I hope you guys are doing well and recovering nicely.
Unread 03-20-2008, 06:46 AM

Morning all! Day 3 and all is well here. I feel a lot less swollen and puffy today. Yesterday I layed in bed all day got up to go to the bathroom a lot but otherwise didn't feel like doing anything. Today I will probably move to the recliner and study for mid terms next week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register