Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

Unread 04-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

I read about the DaVinci robotic surgery, but it's not available everywhere. The nearest place to me where it's available is 85 miles away, but then there are no OB/Gyns there trained in its use. I did a search online one day and found surgeons scattered throughout the country, but no one in my area. Maybe in 50 years the surgery itself will be obsolete or only done in emergency situations. I hope they can find other ways to get rid of these problems without having to continue cutting women open and removing parts. Heal well, everyone, and hang in there. I return to work- teaching college classes- in a week.

Senji
TAH for uterine fibroids, kept both ovaries, 3/20/8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Slowly recovering

I had my 3 week post-op apt. today it went well other than I feel kinda sickly today I don't know what from. Just sick to my stomach and having headaches. I think it is a rebound affect from all the pain meds I was on before ( I suffer from Migraines) I go back in two more weeks to make sure I am still healing well. The only thing I didn't like was he made me do several sit ups to see how well my stomach muscle is healing after being reattached and OOOCCHHH!!! It was tender! He didn't' say much about the heavy feeling I am having in my rump and bladder area? I must say it was the first time in for ever I had a pelvic done and there was no pain from a swollen painful uterus! That gave me hope for my future! Once this ab is healed and I have no more mild pain from the hyster I should have a good life ahead. Sigh I glad we are all on the mend. Everyone take it easy out there. Oh he told me I can expect to be swollen for at least another month!! yuck. bargain shopping her I come just so I can have clothes to wear around and about. I have maybe two outfits that are decent for wearing out in public! Take care everyone!
Unread 04-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Tired

I just wanted to share with you ladies. I'm so tired from just walking 1/4 of mile! My husband had me walk with him and our dog to go pick up the kids from school. I think walking into the wind made me more tired. Now I'm cranky! Don't like being this way. Too late to take a nap, try to take a little nap this morning after getting them off to school. Which I stated earlier this morning that I was tired after everyone was gone.

I will share with you again, not sure when. Just when I want to express my feelings. My husband listens, but he doesn't quite understand like you ladies do. It is so nice to read others encounters, we all are different. But, there are some ladies that do have common things that I'm going through. It is so comforting to know that we can write to one another. Knowing that someone else out there cares and can relate(: Okay I'm starting to repeat myself.

to everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 03:39 PM

i feel like you,you never know what to expect when you wake up,will you be able to function,or will it be a whole day in bed again ? i had my procedure on 3-18 and i also feel like last week was the worst week,worse than the first 2,how weird...i'm actually beginning to look forward to returning to work but i didn't know this would be so hard or that i would need every minute of this 6 weeks !i'm going to miss sitting with my cat all day !TVAH/POSTERIOR AND ANTERIOR REPAIR
Unread 04-08-2008, 03:59 PM

Same here. The second week was a good week. The third, not so good. I had my hyst on 3/17, then another surgery 3/18 for the stent due to uterer damage. Today I'm not feeling well at all. Just over all blah... part depressed at just having to sit here, part just extremely tired. My next "procedure" is the 21st to remove this awful stent - I will be so glad cause the **** thing hurts. I spend most of my time on heating pads. Still have lots of drainage and I'm very worried about a fistula. I'm having one of those "what have I done" days.... hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I did manage to go out to my parents and water our garden but even that wore me out. My calves are cramping like crazy as well.

Okay, enough of the poor pitiful me... at least I can have a pity party here so my family doesn't have to listen to me.
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:09 PM

Ya know I agree with you all. This week has not been fun. I don't feel good today at all! I must whine a bit. I am starting to think I have a kidney infection or bladder or both. Maybe all the pressure I feel is from having to sit a lot or lay down. I can only lay on my back in an upright position due to my ab muscle and I am starting to get depressed about being tired after I walk just to sit or lay AGAIN! My DH won't let me even poor myself milk or juice for fear of me injuring my ab muscle or my bladder. I feel useless. I think he is sweet for caring so much but I am wanting so badly to do something other than watch tv. I watch HGTV so often I could build my own house decorate it and sell it all in one fell swoop!
Yesterday I went to a doctor apt that I had for months with a neurologist for my headaches/migraines and he wants me to start taking Topamax and b2 daily,but I have felt so bad these past two days I don't want to add another medication to my list. I just want to get better first then start them. Does that make since to any one? I am so sensitive to meds I fear taking it and have some reaction to it on top of the yuk I already feel. I just want to cry. Not to mention since my check up this morning and all the poking he did I am sore and cramping. Yea for me. This would be around the time I would have started my period so maybe I am just "menstrual". I love that I have a place to go to and vent. I love all you ladies. You keep me sane!
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:26 PM

I feel like my DH (bf) has almost abandoned me. We both work at the same place (although my position is temporary and part-time and I have to find another job by mid-May) and were both on break from work the week after my surgery, so I stayed at his house and received almost constant care. I am going back to work Monday after a 3-week break, rather than the recommended 4-week break. Originally I had said I'd return after 2 weeks off, then by mid week last week I knew I wasn't ready. Once my bf returned to work, he never bothered to call to see how I was doing or ask if I needed anything. A guy friend was calling daily while out to see if I needed anything and even came to pick me up so I could watch cable TV at his house. This week I've told my bf I feel worse than last week, but not much has changed. He goes to work and doesn't ask how I am. When he comes home he calls and invites me over for dinner, which he always cooks (he lives across the street). I'm wondering if it's because I'm home now having to take care of my dogs again (they'd been with a friend for 2 wks) and doing my own laundry, able to drive, and up and around-- does that indicate full recovery to some men? I don't want constant care and sympathy, but I guess I'd feel more loved if at least someone would call to see how I am during the day. I hope you all are getting pampered better.
Unread 04-08-2008, 08:49 PM

Hi Ladies!
Today was my 3 week mark, and I celebrated with a slowwalk on the treadmill and went out for a sushi dinner. Once again I over did it as soon as I was feeling better, but at least I will sleep tonight. I also accepted a new job today, but now have the stress of telling my boss that I am quitting...I have been there for 4 years. This surgery has really given me a new lease on a pain free life and I feel that it is a new beginning for me, so I have taken this time off and recovery time to make some changes. Anyway, I have one more week at home before I go back to work and I really hope that week 4 is better than week 3. Hang in there ladies.
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:07 AM

Hello Girls,
its so nice to read your posts and know im not all alone !.. i too have felt this week is a real bummer.. I had to have a blood transfusion @ the time of my surgery, so i came home feeling like superwoman, i could do anything, and other than having troubles with the first BM,, and i DO mean big troubles.. ! lol.. I was good to go, but i did get good rest , and was careful..
Well this week is a whole new story ! I dont want to get out of bed, my body is exhausted ! i cant finish a sink of dishes .. ! i feel so useless.. i fell asleep the other nite @ 6.00 pm and woke the next morning @ 6.30 AM ! now that is NOT a catnap..! I dont like this feeling, i feel too pooped to even make tea .. everything is tiring me out, and even a car ride w. my DH makes my belly jiggle against the incision and irritates it .and me, i seem to be a real grump !. well thanks for letting me vent,,! here's to better days ahead, BOO for week # 3 ~~!
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:38 AM

Hello to all sisters.I have tried to go for a 15 minute stroll but like you all get a sharp knife like pain in both sides and also the burning sensation. I get the same when I sit for a period of time. I am doing no housework as too scared having read about damage that one can do internally resulting in scar tissue etc. My check up is not until May 21st and also told not to drive for 6 weeks. Is this instruction same for everybody. I also have a strange numbing sensation down my left leg and glad and comforted that others had similar as I was afraid I might be getting a clot! As you can see a very nervous recovering parient!!!! I find this site the mosy wonderful consoling company and look forward to looking at it each day. Love to all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register