Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

Unread 04-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

I went to my Primary Doctor and she said I have a UTI. She is sending the urine to the lab to check for a kidney infection. I have to drink more fluids which I thought I was doing well with that ,but I guess not. Some of the meds must still it from me. I feel very tired now,just the trip up to my doctors office wore me out. I got my two and a half year old down for a nap so I think I will rest with him. Take care everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 07:37 PM

Hi all,
long day but I got through, the drainage seems to have let up, figure that out as soon as I talk about it , it starts to change. Anyway busy day, and I have a luncheon tomorrow at work. Sounds like we are all healing about the same, you know I am interested as to how some of us get the UTI and others don't. I haven't gotten one, but I also came home with the foley cath for 4 days and that was not fun at all. I know those bladder spasms can bring us to our knees. I am wishing everyone a nice day tomorrow and a good day.
Karen
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:08 PM

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I am finally better! Had my three week post op appointment yesterday and was cleared for everything except lifting heavy objects. I got to have sex again, first time in one month and three days and it was INCREDIBLE, very relieved that there was no trouble there.
Hope everyone is hanging in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 09:33 PM

DietSizedDiva,
I had my TAH on 3/20 as well and kept both ovaries. I had hot flashes (I called them "night sweats" because they came only once, every night and I'd wake up soaking wet) but have had 3 straight nights without them. Hopefully, yours will go away soon, too. (I was actually having them before the surgery, and they didn't know if it was perimenopause- I'm 46 now- or because of ovarian cysts.)
Someone else, sorry I didn't remember your name and can't see it at the moment- mentioned staples. I had 15, which were removed on Easter Sunday which was release day, and I noticed a "crease" too. I stayed at my bf's house for 2 wks, and when I came home (which is just across the street), I was horrified to see myself for the first time in a full-length mirror because I had no idea I looked so bad. It's 3 weeks, tomorrow, since surgery, and the swelling is really bothersome.
Let's hope Week 4 is much better than Week 3. I return to work Monday (teaching college courses, part-time so not too many hours but I do sit for prolonged periods) and hope I won't be in bad shape after.

Senji
TAH for uterine fibroids & enlarged uterus, kept both ovaries/3-20-08
Unread 04-09-2008, 11:11 PM

Hi! I have not posted on here for a while. I kind of feel bad about talking about my recovery, so I haven't been telling anyone. I apparently had an extremely easy surgery, plus it was all done vaginally, so no abdominal incision.

I have been back at work now since last Thursday (I was cleared last Monday, but wanted to miss a couple of meetings - naughty, naughty!). I have been walking on my elliptical since the first week. I have also been driving since then, and have not had any pain killers of any kind since less than 24 hours after the surgery. I wear my pedometer dutifully (part of my work's wellness plan) and I am averaging 9,000 steps per day. None of them are aerobic because I cannot walk very fast yet.

I have to constantly remind myself that I just had a surgery and should not be doing ________. I actually worry that I am going to hurt myself because I do not feel like I had anything done to me. In fact, most people that I work with totally believe I was out of town for two weeks, and only about 5 know I even had surgery. It is kind of a weird situation.

I am sorry if I made anyone feel bad about their recovery. I do have bad patches. I have had insomnia, still have difficulty with bms, funky discharges, etc. I just choose to look at everything I can do rather than what I cannot.

Good luck to all of you with your recovery. I read your stories and am amazed at the strength you all have!
Unread 04-10-2008, 02:24 AM

Hey ladies, I am back online for a few. I am having a SERIOUS issue with insomnia! I have been up all day and will probaly get tired around the time that my hubby gets up for work. Gladly my 14yo and 11 yo are out of school this week for spring break and can help me with the 23 month old. I have been taking things slow, but have not really been concentrating on my recovery.

Unfortunately my mother is battling with pancreatic cancer and is now in stage 4, so I spend alot of my time just chilin with her, or riding with her to doctors appointments and making sure that she has everything she needs at home.

I suffer from depression as well, so yes I have my up and down days - even with meds, but the worst part for me is the hot flashes and night sweats when I do get the sleep at night - actually I get them whenever I get some good sleep. I kept both of my ovaries, but still am having all of this go on.
My boys say that I am freezing everyone in the house, but being the ONLY female around here - I usually win out. LOL

I had to let a friend go this week. You never truly realize who is actually there for you and not the "glory" until you are immobile and housebound. She came on to my Husband and then proceeded to start childish drama when he came to me about it and I spoke with her. At first it all hurt, then I realized - I just finished a season in my life that was full of pain, hurt, anger and challenges. I thank God that I am moving on to a new season in this year of NEW BEGINNINGS (2008).

Please keep me and my family in your prayers as I pray for you all.
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:04 AM

Goodmorning ladies;

today I feel much better, the bleeding is less, tomorrow I see my doctor for my 3 weeks post op!!! I am really not looking forward to it, just in case he does a pelvic exam or pushes on my tummy...but I want to see what he says about the bleeding.....

I thank God that as of yet, have not had any menopause symptoms...and I pray I dont ever!! I sleep well, without any medication, no moodyness, no hot flashes and soooo very happy I dont have to take those horrible birth control pills anymore I remember I had mini hot flashes with them, but since I took them for over 20 years, I guess I got used to them.

Have all a wonderful, blessed day.
lets all hang in there, we are almost out of the woods.....

blessings,
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:31 AM

It was a mistake to wear my jeans all day yesterday! I like the low rise jeans. By early evening the jeans were rubbing on my belly. Now I'm little more tender under my belly button area. I had a very hard time sleeping last night. I usually have to take pain reliever/sleeping pill to help me sleep. I usually take 2, but only took 1 because I don't want to get hooked on them to help me sleep. I guess if it's going to do the trick than why stop! So, right now I'm pretty tired. Would take a nap, but I don't really have time to. Have to pick the kids up at 11:30 a.m., half a day due to Parent Teacher Conferences. My mind would be thinking about the time and worry that I might over sleep or not want to get up.
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:42 AM

Dlschn, I tried my jeans on this morning but the pain and took them off immediately. I dont feel so good this week. Feel I have put on a few pounds weight with lack of exercise and hanging around just eating. Feel down about it. Will normal clothes ever fit again. I dont sleep well at night toss and turn trying to get a comfortable position so I read a little. Sleeping on my own since surgery and even before it as I was in pain. Feel bad about that too. Hope you dont over do it. Take the pain killer if neede d no point waiting for pain to get even worse. Take care.
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Anyone Having Cramps?

It's 3 weeks today since my surgery. Immediately after the surgery, in the recovery room, I remember having very strong cramps and lying there moaning (and being responded to right away with pain drugs). Why am I having cramps all of a sudden, 3 weeks later? (They feel like menstrual cramps, but I have no uterus!) This is right around the time when my period would be do, but honestly I never suffered from menstrual cramps except maybe a brief time as a teenager.
I also don't understand why my abdomen is so tender-- just touching lightly hurts, and now even water hitting it in the shower feels uncomfortable. The lower right side is especially painful. Yesterday there was a point where I had such a sharp pain there, I almost doubled over.
Anyone else having similar pain?

Senji
TAH for uterine fibroids, kept both ovaries, 3/20/08

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register