Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

Unread 04-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

Oh Yes indeed I am tender to the touch! I don't have an issue with cramps, sorry to hear you do. I read that if you kept your cervix and ovary's, as I did that you may experience 'mini' periods? I believe however that referred to slight bleeding, not cramps?
Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 11:14 AM

Sorry, I should've added-- they removed the cervix, too. I haven't really heard of anyone keeping their cervix; my doctor made it seem as if all hysterectomies include removal of the cervix along with the uterus.
I am not going to have periods anymore, not even mini ones.

Senji
TAH for uterine fibroids, kept both ovaries, 3/20/08
Unread 04-10-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senji
It's 3 weeks today since my surgery. Immediately after the surgery, in the recovery room, I remember having very strong cramps and lying there moaning (and being responded to right away with pain drugs). Why am I having cramps all of a sudden, 3 weeks later? (They feel like menstrual cramps, but I have no uterus!) This is right around the time when my period would be do, but honestly I never suffered from menstrual cramps except maybe a brief time as a teenager.
I also don't understand why my abdomen is so tender-- just touching lightly hurts, and now even water hitting it in the shower feels uncomfortable. The lower right side is especially painful. Yesterday there was a point where I had such a sharp pain there, I almost doubled over.
Anyone else having similar pain?

Senji
TAH for uterine fibroids, kept both ovaries, 3/20/08
Hello-

My abdomen is very tender-- just touching lightly hurts, and now even water hitting it in the shower feels uncomfortable. I notice also, that as I lay down at night, I sleep with a heating pad over my soarness. The next morning I the pain is a little better. I hope that helps.

jsmile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 01:41 PM

Senji A couple of nights ago I had very bad pain in my right side. Felt I had done damage but had tried to walk that day. Took pain killers and I got some relief. Had a SUB TAH and ovaries tubes etc removed also a fibroid from vagina.
Unread 04-10-2008, 02:16 PM

yes it is been 3 weeks for me also ! i am out of pain pills and to embarassed to call my Dr. but the pain is excuciating at times, my abdomen is tender, i cant get comfortable to sleep , and i have been standing in the shower to get relief..and other days, i feel like i have been thru nothing at all.. I feel like im going crazy up one day and down the other ! grrrr...
Unread 04-10-2008, 02:52 PM

Do y'all sometimes feel this will NEVER get better and stay that way? I am so tired of the roller coaster ride let me off already! My DH keeps saying "you just had major surgery", as if I didn't know that. I was there! I guess I am just being difficult right now. I am having rebound headaches from all the pain meds it's a catch 22 that I am not enjoying at all. OK I will stop ranting now. I am so glad some of you are having great flawless recovery (really I am!) Pray for the rest of please! LOL
Unread 04-10-2008, 05:05 PM

Well I went to the luncheon today, and I just loved seeing everyone, but I think I made a bad judgement call. I went to get my meds at the pharmacy (no wait) then had the car washed (didn't move from the car) and then to the luncheon, I went to visit and sat about an hour visiting, then the luncheon was at a differnt building and I ended up sitting in a metal foldup chair for about 2 hours, I finally got up and went to the back to stand and then it was over and I left. I came home and went to use the bathroom and I was bleeding, light colored but enough for concern. I called the DR. and he hasn't called back. The nurse wanted me to come in tomorrow, but she said lets wait and see what he has to say. So I am waiting to hear. I will let you know what he says. I am hoping it was just to much sitting in that hard chair but that doesn't make sense. I will be 4 weeks postop on Monday.
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

I just want to ask, WHY oh WHY do I feel worse then better lately! I can't believe this trend, I felt better a 10 days ago, or last week.
I am more sore, swell easier and feel more fatigued. I am more sensitive to the touch and my tummy 'jiggles' when I walk, that hurts too. Darn all I want to do are little projects quietly sitting at a desk, ie taxes or a Ukranian Egg decoration craft but I don't dare start the way I feel because its all sitting at a table.
Is this the worst position? Don't get me wrong, I am up and around, its not like all I do is sit, far from it! I'm normally a pretty active person.
Its to the point where I feel bad answering when my husband, daughter or friend asks 'how are you"?, I don't like to complain and it seems like the only honest answer is...'Dang it I feel lousy!" wah wah wah. I find I just change the subject so I don't have to complain. Problem is they are all too smart for me.
I think I may call the doctor tomorrow if I don't feel better? Is anyone else here?
Looking for answers, Bonny
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:01 PM

I too feel worse today. I think it is because I may have a day where I do more than the others and then I feel awful the next day and then better the next. It feels like a roller coaster.

Pam
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:31 PM

Yes ... I am feeling worse lately, although I think it might be tied to the weather..we got another foot of snow today! I just don't want to get up and go outside in yet another snow storm, plus driving in bad weather makes me nervous since I just started driving again. I was off the meds, but went back on them yesterday and today. My TAH surgery was March 18th and I originally thought that I would need 2 weeks recovery (ha ha), but now I'm not sure that 4 weeks will be enough. I was offered a job at the hospital while at my pre-op and accepted it. I gave my job of 4 years notice, but they might just release me since I haven't been there a month, so now I don't even know which job I'll be going to Monday! I wish I had agreed to one more week of off time.
Ladies, I hope that week 4 is better than week 3.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register