Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

Unread 03-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

I am 3 days post LSH, is it normal to have a low fever of 99.3? I have taken Tylenol and Ibuprofen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2008, 04:21 PM

This is my first post, so i hope i'm doing it properly. I had a LSH on Wednesday. I'm still waiting to "poop", having a lot of belly swelling, and some pain at incision sites. Using Motrin 600 mg. and it's OK, I'm afraid to do more. Having some heart burn and a slight headache...but don't know if it's surgery related. I got up and took a shower, washed my hair, cleaned out a kitchen drawer, made dinner, and then found this website! I'm tired, but can't decide if I should be trying to do more/less... any ideas?
Unread 03-22-2008, 06:14 PM
The Best of Everything to ALL

Hello Everyone - I hope you will excuse this slight intrusion but I want you all to know that I was where you are now and hope that you will take some comfort in knowing that this too will pass.

All the misgivings, nervousness, apprehension, pain, gas, and the all important first BM will be memories soon.

I went through this by myself because I had no support system in place and 'thought' I was a real marshmallow but I came out the other side with a new sense of strength.

Be good to yourselves, take all the time you need to recover, and be the princesses that you are! Carpe Diem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2008, 07:30 PM

I am intruding too but I want to assure you guys that it's no big deal to ask for more pain meds when your original prescription runs out. They general don't prescribe much from the hospital and the drs pretty much expect you to request more if needed. It's been almost 5 weeks since my surgery. I made the mistake of thinking I shouldn't need pain meds after that first script ran out. The first few days were fine and then I had a few really rough days. I suffered through them only to have a gyno nurse (who happens to be a friend) tell me what I stated earlier. When I called for more pain meds it was 2 weeks after my surgery and they weren't surprised at all that I needed more, in fact they were surprised I didn't call earlier. Also, if the narcotic pain meds make you feel too drowsy or loopy then they can prescribe pain meds that are not narcs.

I hope this info helps. Generally speaking, don't hesitate to call your dr about anything. It's better to ask than needlessly suffer or worry.
Unread 03-23-2008, 05:46 AM

hello girls ! i AM HERE , still in the castle just got my hands on a laptop ! wow what a mess, found out more than we bargained for when they opened me up ,, i had a fibroid larger than a babies head that was lurking and hid on the ultrasound, more cysts than exected and to make matters wat worse - everthing was covered by endomitriosis which we had NO clue was going to be there - also adhesions had formed sticking my uterus to my bowels, where my ovaries were growing and pushed back into my bowels and spine ! they had to call a 2nd surgeon in to help, so they could hurry before too much blood loss.. because remember my Iron and Hemo count was too low ! geesh ! i sure hope to feel LOTS better finding all that out ! more when i get time, oh ps.. i think im the only wierdo that Morphine doesnt work on , it took them 5 hours to figure that out and switch me to dilated ! eek -- i was freaking out after surgery in so much pain till they figured that out ! then they stopped the dilated when they took the iv pump out and switched me too, perkasets.. which didnt work, so now we are trying Loratabs ? so wish me luck, just want to Rest pain free !
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:43 AM
I feel blessed

I truly feel blessed. Three days after surgery and all is still going well. Still no pain meds and no pain to speak of. My doctor told me to take it easy and by next weekend I should be able to do anything that I want to do. I did get up and take a shower yesterday and wash my hair. i stayed up all day and and I slept like a baby last night. That made me feel real good. I guess my only complaint is not having a good bm...but that will come soon!!!

Unread 03-23-2008, 11:39 AM

I feel like crap and it's day 6 after the surgery! I had TAH with my left ovary taken out. I came home from the castel on Thursday. I had to stay 1 extra day due to a fever on Tuesday and I got sick Wednesday morning. I haven't been able to sleep through the night. I'm having hot flashes and chills. I have no problem with my bikini cut incision. I'm sore above the incision. I have no problem getting up to go the bathroom. I do feel weak and course not myself. Does anyone feel like I do?
Unread 03-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Home from Castle

I just got home today from my TAH on Thurs 3-20. The surgery went well and the nurses were wonderful. My doc is doing a good job making sure my pain levels stay tolerable. It turned out that I didn't have endo, but had a large polup in my cervix that was causing pain, pressure and a blockage. I do have to say that the post op pain was nothing like I had expected it to be. I honesly feel more like I have been kicked in the stomach a few times, which is much more tolerable than I thought it was going to be. The gas was a bit of a problem, even though I spent a lot of time walking. I still have not had a bm yet, and am a little worried about that, but am doing everything I can to make it easier, with stool softeners and fiber supliments. The doc said NO laxitives as they will cause me to strain and straining could cause pulling on my incision that I don't want or need. I am finding myself very sleepy, and need a lot of rest. I will post more as I feel up to it. Thank you so much for getting me through this. This group has helped tremendously.

Sara
Unread 03-23-2008, 12:27 PM

It has now been 5 days (is that all?) since my hyst. All I do is sleep. I do not eat much because I am just not that hungry and nothing sounds remotely yummy. I am forcing myself to drink a lot of fluids. I am taking 800 mg motrin. I have no pain except in my back, but my doctor said I needed to take them for the swelling? I feel way better than I expected to feel at this point, but I am starting to wonder if I will ever be fully awake again - for more than an hour at a time, that is.

I have really appreciated this site and the people on it. I have been on sites before where people "snipe" at each other and say nasty things. This is the warmest, most supportive group of ladies I could have ever asked to meet. Thank you all.
Unread 03-23-2008, 01:34 PM

Thank you so much for responding. Your support means a great deal to me, just waiting to feel better and wondering if tomorrow will be better. I will call the dr. I feel connected to all of you and wish everyone the best. I know it was hard for me to know that both my ovaries are gone but it's for the best. I don't have any menopausal symptoms yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register