Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

Unread 03-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

(((ladies)))

Just a gentle reminder ~ if you have any questions about your recovery, please start a new thread so that all our post-op members can see it and have the opportunity to respond ~ particularly those who are further out in their recoveries and have more experience to share. This is the best way to get support ~ in the true tradition of HysterSisters!

Please note this thread is intended for progress reports only ~ check out Princess Bea Well's introductory post for further information on how to use the thread.

Sending all good wishes for your recoveries and thanks for your understanding!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 04:33 PM

Hi everyone. I have been home a few hours now from my TAH on Thursday. I was in the hospital from 4:30 am Thurs to 1:30 pm Sunday (today). All in all, it went well. The actual surgery didnt' take too long and nothing was unexepected. So for everyone else, it was great. For me on the other hand.....
I woke up screaming in recovery. I remember screaming and crying in pain and telling the nurses to hurry up and get me something for the pain.
I don't remember too much about the 1st day. My surgery was at 7:30 that morning and they wouldn't let me get up until after 7am the next morning. They took out the foley catheter and let me get up and take a walk. Then I was so exhausted that I got back into bed and slept until my doctor got there. Then all of a sudden I had to go have all these tests done. X-rays, CT scan with iodine and then something to check for blood clots in my legs. Well turns out, my oxygen saturation was at 68 and my pulse had gotten up to 138. (Oxygen should have been 93 and pulse not over 100) My iron levels had been really low so they finally decided that I needed blood. So the rest of that day was spent with them giving me 2 units of blood.
The next day, Saturday, was better. I had more energy but more pain. I did the walking, showering, eating, etc. I had thrown up twice the day before so I really wasn't interested in eating anything. I spent most of the day sitting up in bed doing nothing because it was the most comfortable position that didn't make me nauseous.
Today I woke up feeling much better and had a little appetite. AND, I had a BM this morning! So I told them I was ready to go home! I'd had no trouble passing gas and could now keep some food down. My iron levels were better, though still not good. And my oxygen levels were better as well. So when the doctor on call came in, she let me go home!

I feel that since I am home now, the true healing can begin. I can actually get some real sleep and take my pain meds when I think I need them, not when some nurse thinks I have a high enough # on the pain scale to need meds.
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:03 AM

I had my surgery on Wednesday and was released from the hospital on Friday late afternoon. I had a TAH with one of my ovaries removed. I lost a lot of blood in the operating room and they filled me full of IV fluids because I have a heart condition. Needless to say the next morning I looked like the Michilan man. They took me off of the fluids and kept checking my blood work. I will have to start iron supplements this week because of the blood loss. Other then being really tired, I feel great. It's hard for me to sit back and do nothing. I have to remind myself that I cannot do all these things. My worst part of the day is at night because I am a belly sleeper so I cant get comfortable...other then that I am doing great!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Feeling Wonderful on Day 4

Today is day four after the robotic LSH. Every day is better and better. I have very little soreness left unless I cough and then there is tenderness. Today I'm a happy woman as my bowels are pretty much back to normal. That is helping get rid of the pressure and bloating feeling. Still no pain and just taking aleve per the dr for a few days. I had Easter dinner with my mother=in=law as always yesterday and then visited my parents. I was a little tired , but no set backs from the outing out of the house. I truly have to say this has been a total breeze from the get go. I feel blessed.

I wish everyone else a speedy recovery. Take care of yourselves and don't put things. Even though I'm feeling good, I'm taking it easy amd being treated like a little princess!!

((((((hugs)))))
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:33 AM
One week after my surgery

Good morning day 7. I feel so much better than yesterday . I slept better last night. Still uncomfortable and tender. I'm fortunate that I don't really need to take my Darvocet. I pretty much took advantage of the self medicated drip in the hospital. Boy did I itch from the morphine. I'm use to pelvic pain. It will be nice once I'm all healed inside. I'm taking it easy. I didn't go with my family for the holiday outing. Don't think it would be wise to be around everyone. I can't laugh, don't want to be hurting or open any of my stitches.
I'm amazed by some of you women that are doing so great. I really depends on what kind of surgery you had or what kind of incision or incisions you have. I'm happy for you ladies .
I'm also being treated like a princess . My kids are on Spring Break helping take care of there mom. My dog is staying by my side.

Diana
TAH with one ovary 3-17-08
Unread 03-24-2008, 02:15 PM

One week post op and feeling pretty good. Taking advantage of still being off from work and resting well. Unfortunately I have to go to class tonight but I am not expecting it to be bad. Belly Button is still sore as heck and a little inflamed so doc put me on some antibiotics. The only things bothering me is being tired from the lack of hormones and the No Sex rule. grrr three weeks left feels like a life time
I am glad after my BSO when I first started menopause the libido was never a problem, so is my better half.
Hope all you ladies are doing well.
Unread 03-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Getting better day by day

Hi to all my sisters.
I had my TAH on the 18th. It went well for the most part. My doctor found out that my abdominal muscle on the right side had been severed during my last c-section and was rolled up in a ball under my rib cage. He had to do some re constructive surgery on that and in reality he had to do a mini tummy tuck. Yea for me except for the added pain not so much a yea factor. It (the muscle) spasms and causes incredible amount of pain. My poor bladder spasms as well with all the scrapping he had to do on it. The swelly belly is worse than I thought it would be I look totally bloated. Feel that way also. All in all I feel pretty good. I can't wait to keep getting better and see what my furture holds for me. And now with newly attached abdominal muscles see if I can get back into some sort of shape. I always wondered why my tummy felt so week!! Well I am glad that all of you are mending as well. Take care my sisters and get better!
Unread 03-24-2008, 03:23 PM

I'm back home now. Surgery had a couple of complications. The day started out with blood work. I had to have it drawn twice because the tech didn't have me sign paperwork before he drew it so they called me back down. Seemed like forever that I waited, the case before mine took 4 hours. Once they got in there they found out I had some kind of Adhesion Disease that caused my ovary to stick. It could not be removed laproscopically so my LAVH/BSO was changed to a TAH. Needless to say I'm sore and tired and I spend a lot of time crying it seems like. They also found some endo in there. But once they went back to look for it, they couldn't find it again. The doc said it was either removed with everything else or just hidden. Because of this they will not be putting me on HRT for 6 months to avoid any more forming. Back to bed for me...can't sit here any longer. I will pop in tomorrow to say hi. Hugs to everyone .
Unread 03-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Early evening update...

Hello ladies, Well it's early evening and I thought I would write again. Share that I actually went downstairs today to sit on my couch . That felt so great to sit on instead of my bed. It didn't bother me to much to go down the stairs. But, my belly and my incision is still bothering me . I'm also experiencing the feeling of being lighthead. Don't like that too much! I'm not getting up to go to the bathroom as much, that's was getting on my nerves. I'm still drinking plenty of fluids. So, the insides must be healing pretty good. I love being able to read what everyone else has to say about their experiences as well as mine. Good place to share our experiences. Thank you ladies!
Unread 03-24-2008, 04:32 PM

Hi everyone.

I had my TAH on Thursday and was released from the hospital on Sunday afternoon.
I don't remember anything after getting the epidural. I actually don't even remember waking up in my room. I do remember throwing up, though. After surgery. They wouldn't let me eat that entire day. Which was fine because I had no appetite anyway. I was up and walking the next morning and was able to have some cereal. The nurse said I did wonderfully with my walking. From then on I was allowed breakfast, lunch and dinner. The nurses said I was doing very good when my vitals were checked. I was able to take a shower on Saturday morning, which was great. I had my first bowel movement on Saturday, pee'd on my own the day the catheter was removed, so I think I did pretty well. woohoo
The doctors said it seemed like the cancer was contained within the uterus. I'm glad about that. But I'll know for sure after my follow-up appointment. I just need to take care of myself, get lots of rest now. I know my tummy was put through hell and I have to listen to my body and not overdo it.

Please take it easy ladies. We may feel up to a lot but our tummies need a good rest. (((hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register