Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

Unread 03-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Continue with bladder pain

I am post surgery date 11. I have had some good days and some bad days. The thing that bothers me most is I came down with an infection in my bladder and kidney's from the catheter. I had to leave the hospital with it. I am on my 3rd antibiotic as well as bladder medicines. Sometimes I feel that I can't empty it like I should be able to. I went to the doctor today and my post void residuals were good but I still have an intense feeling of having to pee. Sometimes I have to put my hands in running water to get the stream to start. This is a real drag. The other pain is getting better I have been able to do a small amount of walking Last night I slept 4 hours in a row. This is a record but I woke up and had to pee so bad it was hard to get it to start. I just wish I could get my sleep patterns back

Thanks for hearing me out.

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casee1230
Hi Sisters, I just found out about this site from my Weight Watchers site. I had a TAH on 3/17/08 and I'm at home recuperating. I have been moving around the house quite a bit but I've not tried to get out and walk yet. I had been doing my elliptical every morning prior to the surgery and don't want to totally lose the benefits of that-my dr. said I couldn't do the elliptical for 6 weeks. Any suggestions for walking so soon after surgery? TIA
My doctor told me the only exercise that I should do is walking and take it easy. This is not a race. You need to make sure you do a little at a time so you won't have one of those "I can't believe I put myself in so much pain days" Remember that you are healing and it won't be forever

Pam
Unread 03-28-2008, 05:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 17-Mar 24,2008

3-21 uterus removal LAP with 1 hr 40 min cyst removal off both ovaries
I read your story and I honestly cant believe the amount of pain you are in. I feel for you. I completely understand the swollen belly, I looked about 6 months pregnant, that was the worse pain, from the gas. Ihave strange pains too. My middle back and my knees. People laugh when they ask me how I am doing, "Oh, I am fine, but boy do my knees hurt."
I stopped the pain meds days ago and I am out and about in the world. Maybe you can ask for a different med to help you. Not all the meds work the same in all people.
Good Luck, get the pain under control and you will be much happier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 06:48 AM

Hello to all ! I hope all my sisters are feeling well, I figured i would get on here and update, i had my TAH on the 21st - they said they took 1 ovary, found many adhesions, and scarring, and endo, they hadnt counted on.. I am doing well - except for the fact i couldnt go to the bathroom ! i tried everything !.. FINALLY yesterday, i think i gave birth to King Kong's grandchild ! lol.... after that it was smooth sailing, however my bathroom is not on the living floor of our home, so it was up and down the stairs for what seemed like the whole week ! so after the grand finale -- i found i was relieved and my stomach looked much flatter, but - i am terribly sore !.. cant seem to sleep , i sleep 2 hours @ a time.. and i seem to " twitch " a lot in my sleep jumping body parts,, i dont know where they think they are going, but they are on the move for somewhere ! haha
not much of an appetite, my DH is absolutely wonderful, i am truly blessed,, still seem to have morning pain and early evenings are the worst, i get weepy and very sore, ( probably from walking the 14 steps - all day long ) hopefully that is over tho now.. i shower everyday, and put on fresh jammies and lipbalm, Just wanted to see how everyone else was in there progress, I am noticing the mood swings tho.... especially in the evenings.. - maybe today will be a fresh start, since i finally " gave birth " to that wicked thing ! hahhhahhaha....
wishing all the best of Blessings... !
many hugs to my sisters..
Unread 03-28-2008, 07:23 AM

I had the same constipation problem for about a week. I took stool softeners but milk of magnesia seemed to work the best. I too have the bowling ball feeling after 10 days post op. I have most pain upon waking now so I still take the pain medicine every 4 hrs. Remember, everyone heals at their own pace. I was surprised that even a small amount of walking can make you so tired. The sex drive, yes, it's like a cruel joke right? Well, it must be the hormones adjusting. In sum, the m-o-m and drinking lots of water helped. I hope you feel better soon!
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:38 AM

3-21 LAP and cyst removal both ovaries.
I am glad that you are doing much better. Everyday sound like there is an approvement.
I sometimes feel bad that my recovery was so quick. I am not back to normal but I am out there shopping and I went on a date with my husband, we dont do that very often, I guess him feeling bad for me, got him out of the house with me. I sent him back to work on Tuesday, I need some normal. I do nap a lot, but I am sleeping 10 - 11 hours at night. Boy I am getting lazy.
Thanks for your update, its nice to hear some positives.
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:50 AM
hey ladies!

so glad everyone is healing well! I'm also doing well, it takes me all day to get a sink full of dsishes done..but they get done!...thats my contrubution, my kids do everything I feel I have to help...even tho its not much....the only thing that really bothers me is NOT being able to do laundry..who would have thought?..not me! hehe.....I LOVE feeling this good! its only been 11 days I can't imagine how much better its gonna get!!!..... I'm down to taking 1 ty #3 a day and sometimes I don't even take that! but when I ride in the truck I do take it...rough..I've sworn off that thing till I'm healed!....have a great day ladies!
Unread 03-28-2008, 10:20 AM

I had a TAH on the 20th and was released on the 22rd. Doctor told me that the surgery took 45 minutes longer than normal because the uterus was enlarged more than what they thought and he couldn't pull it out to work around it so he had to work underneath from the inside out.....*blank stare*. He left the ovaries but I am having flashes...The pain was minimal because of the morphine pump but now that I don't have one, the Oxycodone and Naproxen have taken its place and are doing fine. I keep coughing and I feel like I have ripped something. Took a week but I finally had a BM and boy did my friends and family celebrate that. The band around my waist/abdomen is something I can not give up. I took it off to take a shower but had to put it back on immediately after due to the pain and lack of support. When is this band supposed to come off?
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:01 PM

Hello ladies, things are going good with the pain. My biggest issues now a week post-op are leg cramps and bladder problems. If I am about to go to the bathroom sometimes I am losing control of my bladder. Horrible. Not sure what that is all about. Hope noone else is going through that. First catheters because I could not pee, and now I'm having trouble controlling it? Go figure....
I am also bleeding more now than I was, but maybe that is all the motrin I am taking. It is still not too heavy. I am going to try to wean off the motrin. I have taken a 1/2 a darvocet the last 2 nights to relive pain so I could sleep. I usually only hurt in the evening.
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:07 PM

Hi Bonny, I had a TAH on 3/17. I went back on 3/24 to get the staples removed. The nurse told me when they staple you, they fold the skin over and staple it. So, when the staples are removed, you actually have a crease where the fold was that looks like the incision is opened. I don't know if that is what you're seeing, but it's possible that it's just a fold from the staples that will heal up nicely once you're totally healed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register