How do you cope with the boredom? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How do you cope with the boredom? How do you cope with the boredom?

Unread 03-17-2008, 04:33 PM
How do you cope with the boredom?

This is only my 3rd day at home and I am so bored!!! What do you do to keep entertained?? I have been sleeping or on the computer all day. I am usually a very busy person, so sitting still is difficult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 04:50 PM

You read, email, sleep, watch TV. I am very bored also. But remember to get plenty of rest and don't overdo it. I don't sit still hardly ever so it has been really hard for me. I can't caution you enough not to overdo it though. When you get to feeling better it will be even harder not to overdo it. So please take it easy.
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:22 PM

I always wanted all my recipes in one book, but never had the time or patience to do it. (I am a chef, therefore have ALOT of recipes!) Well, it's all done now!
Another thing I did was sort through pictures and put them into albums.
You really don't think of these things until you are REALLY bored!!!
Hope this helps!
Lee-Anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 05:27 PM

I read lots of books and I started doing jigsaw puzzles again....went for walks as I could... but remember to rest... your body has lots of healing to do.
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:40 PM

I thought I would get bored - I didn't.

I actually found that after a week or so, when you really, really start to relax, you find that you can appreciate having some time just for you. There are very few times in life when you are given permission to do nothing...time to think, time to evaluate. I actually enjoyed my forced time out - now I'm back in the rat race, I've learned to plan for time for me...I'm never going back to the time, when I would breathe in on a Monday, and breathe out on a Friday - and wonder where the time in between went...

Relax and enjoy...x
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:56 PM

I am lovin it
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:03 PM

I am reading "The Fiery Cross" which is the fifth book in a six book series "Outlander Series" written by Diana Giabaldon which is really keeping my attention since it is 989 pages...
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:09 PM

Hi! I had a massive case of boredom by day 4 and then got busy by putting all my photographs that have been laying around in albums. Funny how time consuming that can be plus, a nice trip down memory lane!!!! I also have been reading anything and everything and watched all the Oscar award winning movies since the beginning of time. Can't say as I have totally got rid of the boredom, but it's helping.

Good luck and just consider yourself on vacation and do nuthin!
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:22 PM

Books would be good, but I have to find a ride to a book store . I will start a new thread for books.
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:28 PM

I knew that I would get bored, so I planned to get caught up on some things that were neglected.

I'm a paper crafter so I finished 3 scrapbooks. I also made thasnk you cards for every act of kindness that was shown to me.

Then I spent time planning for my Children and Youth Ministry. It gave me time to rethink our focus and plan some new and exciting ways to reach kids.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register