How do you cope with the boredom? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How do you cope with the boredom? How do you cope with the boredom?

Unread 03-25-2008, 10:55 PM
How do you cope with the boredom?

During the first couple of weeks, I learned even more than before that "boring" was OK.

So many of us - society in general - is always in a rush and doing too much...I think the 'boring' times are really good times to re-examine just what IS important to do, and what isn't.

Maybe look up the Slow Food Movement online. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 07:18 AM

Unfortunately, since my original post, I have found something to alleviate some of the boredom....my husband plays online poker, so I asked him if I could play some....he said yes....now I am hooked. On the positive side, it keeps me from walking around too much....lol....
Unread 03-26-2008, 07:32 AM

Hi Cathy...I play too on P---- St-rs too funny. Other than that I can now remodel my house all on my own, I have been watching HGTV and DIY. solve crimes, CSI, 48 Hours and Dr. G and of course don't forget Big B 9!!

Then you have this board 60% of my day...okay 80%. You know I have to make sure hystersister Denise is okay and her daily dose of gutbusting laughter.

With all that who has time for naps and sleep???? Oh yeah, that is due to the insomnia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 06:50 AM

I am someone who multi-tasks and does too much when I am am well. Being sick and the recovery was beyond difficult. I spent time on the computer, watched some good tv and learned alot. I studied for my upcoming teacher certification. When no one was around....I did TOO MUCH sneaking around cleaning. This was difficult going through the down-time because I just had cancer that I finished fighting that put me down and in a neck brace for a couple of months, then I had this come up. The family had to assign "babysitters" to make sure I did not get up and do too much. There is hope....just do what they tell you and recover completely. It goes by quickly. I am four weeks after and I hot-tubbed, motorcycled(with clearance from dr.) , cleaned house, began planning to build my photo studio this week and rode tomy in-laws then went out to dinner. All in one day. You just have to be good and a little board for a short while. The end result is really, really great and freedom is not that far away.
Unread 03-30-2008, 09:56 AM

jbud - join an online purchasing option with stores like Chapters and the books get delivered right to your door! I've found it very useful (there is a reasonable minimum purchase amount). The Outlander series is great - also note that there is a companion guide which I found helpful since there was such a lag in the release of each book in the series and being able to reference the characters quickly was handly. There is also a splinter series regarding one character (Lord John Grey) which I didn't personally like as much. I got to meet the author at a Scottish festival and she attracted quite a crowd - the Q&A was very amusing!
Other activities you might consider trying are any kind of craft - I've tried needlepoint and cross stitch at the encouragement of friends. It's easy and being an A type person, I stick with it till I'm finished. It's keeps me awake during the day and I tend to sleep better at night. Just watch your posture with any activity as you can get cramps easily.
I'm also planning my garden with the help of a lot of magazines and websites....and it's going to get fabulous!
Cheers

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register