Sex after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex after hysterectomy Sex after hysterectomy

Unread 03-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Hi everyone!

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks post op for me and I've been feeling really really great. Almost as tho I didnt even have anything done. Doc removed all but my ovaries.

Im wondering if there are any positive post op sexual experiences out there. Also, when did your doc give you the okay. I'm far from ready for that, but I've seen lots of talk about sexual dysfunction and just started wondering.

Thanks for your response...Angie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

i got my ok last week at my post op check (5 weeks 1 day after)
I had a TVH, and we have had sex twice since my post op check. I just find we need to be a little patient and careful, and its not quite the same yet but i hope it will come with time, and when we dont have to be so scarily gentle (i'm really scared its gonna hurt something inside)
Unread 03-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

I just had my 6-week check on Friday, and got the green light.... everything was great for us! Took it slow for sure and used a lot of lube just to help, but it was really great. I was a bit nervous at first, but honestly, within a couple minutes, I was no longer nervous. :-) In fact, I couldn't even tell I had surgery (meaning, I could not tell I had no cervix and no uterus). My abdomen is still sore, but it didn't hurt my abdomen when we did it.... I was careful to make sure my abdomen didn't get hurt.

we also started to fool around (non-intercousre fooling around) starting around 2 weeks post-op, and everything is working great!!! I have no concerns (I also kept my ovaries). So, I'm happy because I think it's only going to continue to get better and better to be honest... I don't have to worry about getting pregnant for one, and I also don't have a heavy period or spotting that will put a damper on our sex life. It's like I have my freedom back!! woo hoo!! My DH and I were talking about how we kind of feel like we are newly married again in the sex department.

Anyway, definitely it's a positive experience for us!

Hopefully it's the same for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

LTR:
I told my DH that same thing... it will be 4 months by the time we get the green light... I am thinking I'll be "like a virgin" again..
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:05 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

Mine has been great! I actually feel better after the HBI. I think it is better than before. The only issue I have it the next day I am sore, but not horribly. I am extremely happy in this department and I also do not need any lubricant. YEAH!
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

Thanks to all of you. I'm wondering if the ovaries play a part in having a "good" sex life. Maybe the post I've read were from sisters w/o ovaries. I'm not too sure of the abreviations, I have to check them out, maybe print the page so I know what my sisters are talking about lol. I'll be sure to keep you gals posted when I have get the green light from my doc...
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:16 AM
hi

I had my LSH on Jan14 and we have had great sex when I was well enough for it. It seems the same to me if no better. Denise.
Unread 03-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

what do you mean by non-intercourse fooling around? I am almost at 3 weeks on friday and I am so incredibly in the mood like all day. I know they say you cant but I miss being intimate with my husband. I only have my right ovary left and have the incision from top to bottom, no cute bikini cut. Is there anything we can do, to keep things cool until the doc says its okay?
Unread 03-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneright
what do you mean by non-intercourse fooling around? I am almost at 3 weeks on friday and I am so incredibly in the mood like all day. I know they say you cant but I miss being intimate with my husband. I only have my right ovary left and have the incision from top to bottom, no cute bikini cut. Is there anything we can do, to keep things cool until the doc says its okay?
When I was a teenager, we used to refer to the "fooling around" kind of stuff she's referring to as "heavy petting". In other words, manual stimulation, no penetration.

I've seen it referred to other places on this site as "outercourse".

I've helped my dh out with this a couple of times since my hyst, but have had no desire myself, as of yet. Hmmmm. Maybe when he's home this weekend. . .
Unread 03-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

oh okay thanks! just wanted to be clear on what yall meant. What is DH? New to this site and still learning terms. it sux having to wait so long to be intimate.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register