Sex after hysterectomy - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex after hysterectomy Sex after hysterectomy

Unread 03-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

DH = Dear Husband!!! - I have some great news for all of you sisters struggling with this issue. I am several years post op as of now, but I remember after the Surgery how quickly I felt like having intercourse. Against my docotors advice I had intercourse and I tore my vaginal cuff which set me back 12 more weeks of recovery. (DONT RISK IT - BECAUSE).... If I had known that waiting an additional 1 or 2 weeks would save me 12 weeks of miserable (NO SEX) painful (BLEEDING)... UGH!!! But anyways, what I am saying is that sex for me is better than it ever has been in my life and I missed out on 12 weeks of it cause I was not patient..

BE PATIENT..... Dont learn the lesson the hard way like I did - So dumb of me!!

Also - I have my ovaries as well, and I dont need lubricant - matter fact - my new nicname is niagra falls... :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

My consultant is back in the UK so I won't be having a six week check, therefore I am just going to have to trust all is OK after the six week point. Hubby is AWAY in uk from tomorrow for ten days, so that solves that problem for a short while! It's odd because I am feeling very randy, but not close to DH, which is confusing my mind a bit. We feel very disconnected at present, but maybe cos there are so many family issues to deal with and worry about, some of which we can't agree on.

Was a bit disconcerted this morning. Yesterday I was pleased because I had my first day without a panty liner, but this morning I got up feeling pretty grotty and when I got to the bathroom realised I had left a trail of dark blobs on the tiling (sorry if you're having breakfast/lunch/dinner! Not sure what that is about.

Also, my sleep patterns are annoying. Couldn't sleep last night - went off into the lounge at 1.30am onto the settee but still didn't sleep until 4am. Was woken at 6am by hubby getting up for work so got up and went back to bed, but then couldn't sleep for a bit. My daughter's friend rang the doorbell at 8am and woke us up so I have a feeling I'm going to need a nap today!!!

How are others doing today?
Unread 03-26-2008, 05:05 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

Dear Onwards,
I'm sorry to hear your not feeling too well. I'm concerned about you leaving "dark blobs" on the floor. I dont know about anyone else, but I have only had very minimal staining during the first week post op. For sure no bleeding now and I had my surgery 2/26/08. Please put a call into your doctor. Let us know Angie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 06:00 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

Onwards,

Please call a doctor or someone, even an answer over the phone is better than not knowing whats going on. Dark Blobs dont sound good, spotting was supposed to be minimal not blobs. I have had no spots what so ever since my surgery 2/29/08 so I am very worried about you, so please call a doctor or someone please please please..... We want to make sure you are okay and are taken care of.

Its funny how DH is not around but yet we still want them in ways we cant be with them. Mine is at work all day, and when he gets home he is too tired to do much so of course its out of the question even for cuddling. I am sorry that life is so hard at times, but it will get better.

Good luck and please be careful
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:17 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

Thank you, ladies, for you concerns. Please don't worry. I only had those few blobs and nothing like it since. I have emailed my consultant regarding the pain and he said he is a bit concerned, but the initial healing takes about 6-8 weeks so I am to report back then. He's a bit confused as to what it might be, so that makes two of us!

Hope you're having a good day.
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:31 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

3 weeks... are you serious? Did you doctor say you could have sex? Most woman are told to wait till week 6 and even then you not healed inside. If you turned yourself inside out and could see how NOT HEALED you really are, you would take more time to HEAL RIGHT THE FIRST TIME than you would take time to roll in the hay. That is what my doctor told me when I asked at 8 weeks. I am 6 months out and SEX IS NOT HAPPENING AT ALL! I however had had complications and am much worse off than you. I do remember feeling that Euforia during weeks 2 - 6. It was great! I was going to get a new job, I wanted to jump my husband all the time (he loved the dirty talk..) we tried a few times and I have learned that until I am sucessfully handling my pelvic neuropathy, I am just going to sit on the sidelines. However, my neighbor was rollin in the hay at 12 weeks and has never looked back. She says having her hysterectomy was the best thing she ever did. She is also 30 years old than I and did not have prior pelvic problems and Endo as I did. Your body will tell you what is right and wrong. Trust it, it got you this far.
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:45 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

We waited the full 8 weeks to have sex and I also kept both ovaries, don't know if that makes a difference, but sex is better now then ever!
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

Who had sex at six weeks? I'm getting confused! Were you talking to radlilred, Perceptionist?
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

I mean THREE weeks. Now I'm confusing even myself...
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

I had sex at 9 weeks. Unsucessfully. PAIN x 10!
My neighbor who is a hystersister without the net right now is 62 and had sex at week 6 and never looked back and claims to have a great sex life as a result of her TAH 3 years ago.

SisterAngie mentioned she was 3 weeks and feeling great and wanting sex as a result of her Euforia. 3 weeks makes me cringe when I think of where I was. I had Euforia also but I didn't let it cloud by body's right and need to heal properly. At that point 3 weeks prior my body would have been cut open and traumatized TOO MUCH from the surgery to initiate sex. Petting and junk like suck another story but penis in vagina at 3 weeks, I just don't see how that makes any sense. I know those pain meds can make you unsensiable but I always have to think more of my body than myself and wait for the good stuff. Oh, I believe Sister Angie began this thread.

Sorry to confuse you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register