Sex after hysterectomy - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex after hysterectomy Sex after hysterectomy

Unread 03-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

Does it make any difference whether you had a vaginal hysterectomy or abdominal as to how long to wait before intercourse? I'm too worried to even let myself have an orgasm when I think about all the repairs I've had done inside...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

I don't think so, the norm is nothing in the vagina for about 6 weeks depending on what your doctor advised you. This is to protect your vaginal cuff if your cervix was taken, internal healing and also prevent any infection or UTI. Your doc should give you some direction here just give them a call.
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

Quote:
SisterAngie mentioned she was 3 weeks and feeling great and wanting sex as a result of her Euforia.
SisterAngie didn't say she was wanting sex, only that at 3 weeks post op she feels great and asked if anyone had positive sexual experiences. She also said that she is "far from ready for that" and that she was wondering because she had seen many sexual dysfunction stories. In a second post on this thread she also stated that she was waiting for the green light from her doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

We had sex last night and it was excruciating. It was the 1st time since last June. It hurt so badly and was dry. We didn't have any lube so I guess I'll go get some today and get back in the saddle! I am 7 weeks post op. I had a TAH with both ovaries left (vertical incision).
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

Ouch sle4life. I have a feeling my DH is going to be waiting for a smile on his face for longer than he thought!
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

oh, ouch. I have read here that dryness is the number one problem. so I'm ready to go with some lube. now just 4 weeks to go .... lol

my doc said orgasms are fine. and my oh my, they are!
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle4life
We had sex last night and it was excruciating. It was the 1st time since last June. It hurt so badly and was dry. We didn't have any lube so I guess I'll go get some today and get back in the saddle! I am 7 weeks post op. I had a TAH with both ovaries left (vertical incision).
s
Unread 03-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptionist
I had sex at 9 weeks. Unsucessfully. PAIN x 10!
My neighbor who is a hystersister without the net right now is 62 and had sex at week 6 and never looked back and claims to have a great sex life as a result of her TAH 3 years ago.

SisterAngie mentioned she was 3 weeks and feeling great and wanting sex as a result of her Euforia. 3 weeks makes me cringe when I think of where I was. I had Euforia also but I didn't let it cloud by body's right and need to heal properly. At that point 3 weeks prior my body would have been cut open and traumatized TOO MUCH from the surgery to initiate sex. Petting and junk like suck another story but penis in vagina at 3 weeks, I just don't see how that makes any sense. I know those pain meds can make you unsensiable but I always have to think more of my body than myself and wait for the good stuff. Oh, I believe Sister Angie began this thread.

Sorry to confuse you.
Hi everyone!

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks post op for me and I've been feeling really really great. Almost as tho I didnt even have anything done. Doc removed all but my ovaries.

Im wondering if there are any positive post op sexual experiences out there. Also, when did your doc give you the okay. I'm far from ready for that, but I've seen lots of talk about sexual dysfunction and just started wondering.

Thanks for your response...Angie
This was the post I started this thread with.....NOWHWERE do I mention wanting sex within 3 weeks due to my EUFORIA. I was simply asking about if anyone had any positive exprerience to talk about, after having read about most negative.
Unread 03-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine
SisterAngie didn't say she was wanting sex, only that at 3 weeks post op she feels great and asked if anyone had positive sexual experiences. She also said that she is "far from ready for that" and that she was wondering because she had seen many sexual dysfunction stories. In a second post on this thread she also stated that she was waiting for the green light from her doctor.
Hey thanks for helping clear up someones major confusion! When I read what she wrote I thought to myself....GEE DID I SAY THAT, actually had to go back and see for myself. lol
Unread 03-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

In regards to lube (maybe this needs a separate thread?), I had lots of trouble with dryness before the hyst, so dh and I did a lot of experimenting. We found one type, called Liquid Silk (you can Google it) that is wonderful!

Yes, you can buy KY at Wal Mart. But Liquid Silk is so. . .well, silky. It is never, ever sticky, and is just fantastic. Just my two cents.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register