Sex after hysterectomy - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex after hysterectomy Sex after hysterectomy

Unread 03-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

I also had a LAVH BSO & cervix removed due to endometriosis. I asked my Dr about this at my pre-op appt and he said that 80% notice no change when it comes to sex, 10% sex life decreases and 10% sex life increases. He felt that I would fall with in the 10% whose sex life increases due to no longer having pain during sex. He also mentioned that sex is a mental thing. I’m only 2 weeks post-op so this is not something I can or will even consider trying. My DH believes in “all” or “none”, so I guess we’ll be waiting until my Dr gives the go ahead. I hope that my DH will try outercourse around the 4 week mark - a test run to make sure things are in working order. LOL I told him I could satisfy him but he said that he would get fustrated because he couldn't satisfy me. I reminded him there are ways to satisfy me without penetration. I know that he is afraid he'll hurt me. Kind of sweet but get over it (this is all I think of I'm acting like a guy!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhude
Yes I am sending a hug to you as well.(((((((((((luvs)))))))))))) I was wondering if you have ever tried any meds to deal with depression and hot flashes besides the cream?? I take wellbutrin, but I was on that before hyster. I have read here somewhere that others have been put on something and it has helped them out a whole lot. I was just wondering, cause I feel soo bad for you. Don't feel bad about not doing anything in past years, cause you cannot go back and undo. I did other things to prevent having a hyster, but all failed, so I feel good about my decision. So please don't blame yourself. I hope you begin to feel better soon

I also take Cymbalta, Prozac and Xanac for depression and anxiety, and I know that those medications can have sexual side effects as well, because they did before I had the surgery. Just not as bad. I'm always so dry, even when I use the cream. When it got so bad that it hurt to urinate, that is when the drs. gave me the estrogen cream. I'm not a candidate for any form of HRT. I think I need to go buy some KY too. And it isn't cheap for a small bottle. But I'll try it. Or maybe there is something better on the market that someone knows of? After sex, I get so sore for a while. And that is with using both the estrogen cream and another lubricant. Maybe the KY is better. I'll pick some up and see what happens. Thank you all for the hugs. We are all in this together. I fought that surgery so hard. But in the end, it won. That is what makes me mad. None of the other options worked. But that is water over the bridge now. Got to move on and find something that works. Thanks again everyone.
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
I also had a LAVH BSO & cervix removed due to endometriosis. I asked my Dr about this at my pre-op appt and he said that 80% notice no change when it comes to sex, 10% sex life decreases and 10% sex life increases. He felt that I would fall with in the 10% whose sex life increases due to no longer having pain during sex. He also mentioned that sex is a mental thing. I’m only 2 weeks post-op so this is not something I can or will even consider trying. My DH believes in “all” or “none”, so I guess we’ll be waiting until my Dr gives the go ahead. I hope that my DH will try outercourse around the 4 week mark - a test run to make sure things are in working order. LOL I told him I could satisfy him but he said that he would get fustrated because he couldn't satisfy me. I reminded him there are ways to satisfy me without penetration. I know that he is afraid he'll hurt me. Kind of sweet but get over it (this is all I think of I'm acting like a guy!)

My boyfriend is the same way. Men can be some dumb. I told my boyfriend there are other ways to make each other happy. But with him too, it's all or nothing. And all hurts. I wish men were a little more understanding and not be so macho. They always need to show of their maleness. They don't think of us. My dr. says it's a matter of pride. Hang in there. I know how you feel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Hi this is my 5th week after surgery i went to doc last week and she didn't say when i could return back to sex or anything. and then she said i'll see you in 3 months. so when am i suppose to start having sex again? i hope not in 3 months lol what am i to do?
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Roserita, way to go! Good for you, girl. Nice to hear someone is having some fun!!

I, too, orgasmed in my sleep the other night, which was pretty cool. However, there is NO WAY I would have intercourse yet. It's gonna be a good long while before anything gets up there!! I have been a bit freaky about orgasming too, as I am worried about busting something as there have been so many repairs and I find it painful if I do pelvic floor exercises. I guess nothing happened when I orgasmed in my sleep...well DH is away anyway so won't worry about that for a bit. But I'm SO randy. I didn't expect that. Perhaps it is just a case of 'what you can't have'...lol
Unread 03-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2Quilt
My boyfriend is the same way. Men can be some dumb. I told my boyfriend there are other ways to make each other happy. But with him too, it's all or nothing. And all hurts. I wish men were a little more understanding and not be so macho. They always need to show of their maleness. They don't think of us. My dr. says it's a matter of pride. Hang in there. I know how you feel.
Men you can't live with them or without them!
Unread 03-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Lovus2Quilt--I was on prozac for awhile and it does really take away the sex drive. I am now on wellbrutin and it works wonderful. Also the Liquid Silk lube is really good and you do not have to use very much.

Roserita---Me too. I had no idea that it could it be better than it was before. I also had never orgasamed in my sleep before and it is a great surprize. And as you mentioned it is a full body involvement. I thought
that maybe it was just me. Glad that someone else can enjoy this.

Onwards---I did not expect the overdrive in the sex drive either. Man it all I can think of anymore.
Unread 03-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Yay for dream-gasms! I had one the other night and I wasn't even dreaming about sex... weird. Anyway we've not been cleared for sex, but we did some mutual masterbation last night and wow. I had to stop myself from doing it again cuz I was a bit scared I'd hurt myself.
This was my one big worry about the surgery and I'm giddy that my bits still work.
I too am way bummed when I see ladies who are have problems. Many libido issues can be solved by the right balance of hormones. Please please tell your Doc about it! If they blow you off, get a different Doc or at least a different opinion! There is help out there!!!
*steps down off soap box*
Unread 03-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

You are right about finding a dr. that will listen to you. I also believe that taking charge of the situation. I did tons of research before this surgery and before my spine surgery. I basically became a very imformed partner with the dr. and I told them what I wanted to do. Even with my hormones I told the dr. what I wanted. It has worked for me but it is a lot of work.
Unread 03-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Men you can't live with them or without them!

That is so true. Some days I love to be around my boyfriend and other days I'd like to run away from him. Men have their own ideas of how the world works and they always look at us as the weaker sex. Well, I say we are the smarter sex. Just because we aren't as strong as them, I see no other differences. Then all have their egos. It's just that some have bigger egos than others.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register