Sex after hysterectomy - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex after hysterectomy Sex after hysterectomy

Unread 03-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

HI All!

I was told to wait 2 more weeks at my 6 week checkup to have sex, so I was released to go back to work before sex!

But we've tried 3 times since then and each time hurts and we are using silky KY. it feels like I am too small inside. we can usually manage laying on our sides as its not too deep then. Forget orgasm, I can't relax enough to get into a good rythym in order for it to happen.

I am not on an HRT (no ovaries either). I go back to see my dr on May 15th. I think he's not too keen on HRT as he's an oncologist. My hot flashes have not been too bad to warrant going on HRT.

My dear dear DH, said that sex is overrated. He's glad I am alive and he said that is better than sex. Isn't he a sweetie? But I want to keep him happy and to not wander if you know what I mean...

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs2quilt
I think I need to go buy some KY too. And it isn't cheap for a small bottle. But I'll try it. Or maybe there is something better on the market that someone knows of?
I will echo the recommendation of Liquid Silk. It's a little pricey, but it's so much nicer than other lubes we've tried! It feels great, and it never gets sticky at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyberbear
My dear dear DH, said that sex is overrated. He's glad I am alive and he said that is better than sex. Isn't he a sweetie? But I want to keep him happy and to not wander if you know what I mean...

Any suggestions?
Can you bring yourself to orgasm through clitoral stimulation? If so, you may want to consider the addition of a small vibrator to your love-making sessions. If you (or he) stimulate your clitoris with a vibrator during penetration, you may well have more success being satisfied with the experience.
Unread 03-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

(((Sisters))), while it's acceptable to share experiences (keeping the PG rating of the site in mind, of course ) only our doctors can tell us when it is okay to resume any kind of sexual activity after surgery. We can't give medical advice on this site--and telling someone it is okay to test out having an orgasm based on what our doctors said is okay or based on our own experiences is giving medical advice. One could mistakenly get the impression from reading a thread like this that it's okay to experiment without first calling the doctor. It's going to depend on the type of surgery, whether additional repairs were made and what the doctor feels is right for the member's level of healing so far. The only way for that to be determined is for each member to call her own doctor.

Please call your doctor to ask what is and is not allowed during your very important recovery period. It's the best way to ensure that you aren't doing anything to mess up your recovery.

Here are some articles well worth reading on the subject:

Sex - Do I Really Have to Wait Six Weeks?

Sex - Post-Op Libido and Sexual Activities

Post-Op Sex Checkpoint

Also, out of consideration to the member who started this thread for her concerns, I would like to suggest that anyone who has questions or concerns post a new thread of her own. It's the best way to get the input and support that each member deserves.

Best wishes to each of you as your recovery continues!

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

For dryness issues, there's a product on the market called Replens. You use it every 2 to 3 days, and it helps rehydrate vaginal tissue. I had problems at first, but using Replens regularly and a little Astroglide for lubrication. It has worked wonders!
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Where can you buy liquid silk?
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

Just about any where. Target, drug stores,Fred meyer
Unread 03-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

It's good to see so many other ladies have done so much research and become informed about what is and was happening to them. I find it reassuring because this is how I run my life and if something is wrong, I want to know why and what to do about it. However, this has caused many probs between DH and myself - he says I read and know too much, and worry myself, but I more or less diagnosed myself after over a year of gynaes messing about out here getting things wrong.

Also, my DS has had a tough time and has made a bir oF A mess of himself with drink and drugs. However, he is recovering and has even now got a part-time job. He is so happy. For a long time I have been trying to work out the underlying probs that led to all this. He has always been completely impossible to motivate physically, even as a child - it is hell trying to get him out of bed and always has been. However, mentally he intends to conquer the world and has so many ambitions and intentions. When I sent a short email to the doctor saying perhaps we could try a nutrition test or test for allergies, I was told that I was the one who was psychotic (psychosis was one of the lingering drug effects for DS). It really upset me as I can't see the harm in wanting to do your best for and help your child, whatever age they might be.

Anyway, what I am trying, in a roundabout way, to say is that I always seem to be told I am wrong for wanting to understand things, in order to try and put things right. So it is a relief to find some like-minded people.

Well, I do keep thinking I am going to try this orgasm lark whilst I am awake, but my pain has been so much less for the last few days that I am loathe to do ANYTHING that might change anything in the slightest! (Ok, maybe doc was right with that paranoia/psychosis comment...lol).

When I finally get around to it, I'll let you know. At the moment, it is a bit like a pleasurable psychological torture as I am feeling so randy and needing to orgasm, but haven't quite let myself. I'm sure there is a word for that...

Wonder why so many of us are orgasming in our sleep? What's that all about?
Unread 03-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

lol, onwards,I got a great laugh with your post.
Unread 03-30-2008, 03:06 AM
Sex after hysterectomy

Well, it's Sunday morning here. Never seem to quite get an uninterrupted night's sleep...DD17 came home and 2am and came into me crying. (men trouble). The night before, I'd locked the front door unintentionally and she'd had to knock on the window to get me to let her in. Maybe tonight? You never know...

Hope all you ladies are fine today and relaxing. How are all the sex lives? DH still away so not much going on here...
Unread 03-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Sex after hysterectomy

I feel like a teenager with the dreams. Very wild. I think I'll just enjoy the dreams for a while longer and wait (not so patiently) till I feel a bit less swollen inside. DH is afraid he'll break something if he touches me so I want to make him feel comfortable to. I dont tell him about every little ache and pang, or he might think I'm too sensitive and be afraid to try anything.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register