When will I be able to wear normal pants?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When will I be able to wear normal pants?? When will I be able to wear normal pants??

Unread 03-18-2008, 01:51 AM
When will I be able to wear normal pants??

Hiya! I'm about 2 weeks post-op now from my TAH. I'm just curious to know when the other ladies who also had a TAH done, were able to fit back into their pants? I can't even imagine putting on something like jeans at this point, but I really am getting irritated with wearing sweats and pajama pants all day. Lol! Thanks for any responses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 03:15 AM

I am almost at 7 wks (Thurs) and there is no way I could wear my jeans yet.. My DH just commented on my sweats when we went out to breakfast.
I replied have you forgotten why I am wearing them? I never used to wear these things... I have a vert. cut (belly button down) so it may take me longer than the bikini cut women.. The zipper plat goes right over the incision. I did wear pull up jeans to work yesterday and that seemed to be okay but they were 1 size larger than I normally wear.
Unread 03-18-2008, 03:54 AM

Just left a message on a post about swelling post-op. I thought as soon as my incision was less tender i'd be back in regular clothes, but...

Im still in sweat pants at work, 3 months post-op. Not because of the incision, but because of swelling. I have been able to get into jeans at times, and my stomach has been flat in the morning., but swells during the day.

I've never been a sweat pant kind of a girl..but I guess wearing sloppy trousers to a new years party 2 weeks post op, was the point where i started to go with the flow..lol

x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 03:56 AM

PS I slept for 2 days after going to that party - mistake...lol
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:05 AM

Warning: Your going to get sick of hearing this.....

Everyone is so different in this healing thing. I'm about 11 wks. out and my jeans are starting to feel comfortable. Thank God.

At the end of the day, I still want my sweats. Every week it gets alittle better.

Keep the faith and your chin up, everyone promises it will get better in time. I hate waiting so this dilema is teaching me patience , my DH is grateful for this lesson.
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:24 AM

I am 4 weeks post op today and this past saturday i put mine on. didnt have no problem zipping or buttoning but aftera few hours was starting to feel uncomfortable [no pain] and so as soon as i got home i took them off and went back into the sweats.
Unread 03-18-2008, 05:19 PM

I had a TAH bikini cut and started to wear jeans about three weeks after surgery. They were the loosest pair I had. I started out with a few hours at a time. I'm 6 weeks post op now and started wearing my slimmer fit jeans last week - no problem.

As it's been said, everyone recovers differently, so there's no specific time frame. I do alot of walking and I think it has helped.
Unread 03-18-2008, 09:10 PM

I hope I'm one of the lucky ones cuz I seriously wanna ditch my sweats!!! I love em to sleep in, but I wanna feel normal again lol. I feel so great after having the surgery, and I wanna try to look as good on the outside as I do on the inside!!! Thanks for the responses!
Unread 03-18-2008, 09:47 PM

Khaki cargo pants, about one and a half size bigger than pre-surgery-size, at about 5 weeks; jeans, about one size bigger than pre-surgery-size, with shapewear underneath, at about 6 weeks; loosest pre-surgery-sized jeans at about 8 weeks; pre-surgery-sized jeans at about 9 weeks. At 10 weeks (this week), pre-surgery jeans can still be uncomfortable -- sometimes too tight due to swelling and sometimes pushing or rubbing against the scar.

Annie
TAH/BSO, vertical incision from pubic bone up to and around belly button, 08Jan08

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register