WHEN do the terrible dreams stop?!?!?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

WHEN do the terrible dreams stop?!?!?! WHEN do the terrible dreams stop?!?!?!

Unread 03-18-2008, 04:31 AM
WHEN do the terrible dreams stop?!?!?!

I am 4 days post op from my LAVH/RSO. Healing is going ok. I am not feeling too bad. I did get the fever under control and am currently being checked to a UTI.
My question is.... when do the bad dreams stop? EVERYTIME I fall asleep I have one. I thought the first 3 were bad when I kept dreaming about having a big fight with my boss because I can't work right now. (I know this would never happen b/c I have the greatest boss in the world) NOW, they have turned to an abusive ex husband that I had and him being mean to my kids and myself. Going as far as throwing one of my sons out of the car while it was moving. I woke up screaming from this one... that has never happened. I know they are just dreams but good grief, I don't want to go back to sleep.

I am still on pain meds but I am seriously considering not taking them because I can't stand the dreams.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 06:21 AM

I had bad dreams too when I was post-op after my TAH. Not quite as frightening as yours, but bad enough. Later they went from threatening to sexual but in a very unexpected way. Meds can definitely influence your dreams; even Ibuprofen makes mine far more vivid, so it seems logical that meds for pain, which are much stronger, could do the same. Fortunately we don't have to take those for very long. If you can't finish yours, though, because of the dreams then see if your doctor can find you another one, or if you can stand to switch to an OTC like Tylenol or Ibuprofen. Good luck.
Unread 03-18-2008, 09:29 AM

heeeyyy, I'm having wild dreams as well!! they're action packed/sexual sometimes. and I am not taking ANY pain pills, not even ibuprofen. so I'm not sure it's the pain pills causing them. I'm wondering if it's just the body adjusting to having a missing organ ... who knows. My dreams are very vivid. it's wild!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 09:42 AM

ME TOOOOO! I am day5 post op and called DH upstairs last night to come to bed eary due to nightmares. I dream about ghostly stuff. I think it is due to the narcotic pain meds. Sometimes I just close my eyes and it's like I see scary things. Or maybe the anethetic that takes a while to leave our system. I am seeing both my surgeons on Thursday and plan on asking about it.

Hang in there.
Unread 03-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Having really involved dreams too

Yup having wild dreams here too, not necessarily bad dreams just dreams in general. I think it's from the pain meds.
Unread 03-18-2008, 01:13 PM

It has to be the leftover anesthesia or something ... I haven't had ANY pain meds for over a week! This is very interesting indeed.
Unread 03-18-2008, 01:26 PM

I have also had very vivid dreams. Just woke up from a nap where I dreamed we had a ton of snow (in Houston) and I had to take dd to gymnastics in it. Then suddenly, I was on an airplane to holland?????
Unread 03-18-2008, 01:46 PM

I have been wondering the same- and I have stopped taking pain meds, other than Advil, 1 week post SAH.
I woke up this morning remembering a very interesting dream and thought to myself, "I should write that book I always said i would write when i had the time". I definitely have some time on my hands now.... maybe I should start writing these crazy dreams into stories!
Unread 03-18-2008, 02:48 PM

no kidding! hey Jeni, I'm in Sugar Land!
Unread 03-18-2008, 03:28 PM

Hey...I am in Cypress. All we seem to get is rain, no snow .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register