WHEN do the terrible dreams stop?!?!?! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

WHEN do the terrible dreams stop?!?!?! WHEN do the terrible dreams stop?!?!?!

Unread 03-18-2008, 04:26 PM
WHEN do the terrible dreams stop?!?!?!

I too had a very vivid sexy dream, maybe it is of what will come! my DH will be happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 04:28 PM

Hey no complaints if I could trade these ghastly ones for a sexy one! LOL Actually one of the first things I thought of when I woke up was...I wonder if "the O" will like. LOL
Unread 03-19-2008, 08:31 AM

How very strange. I too have been experiencing dreams. Nothing nightmareish but a lot are sexual in nature. I thought it was the percocet and motrin cocktail I take at night but it sounds like maybe it could be hormonal? Dreams aren't causing me any distress so I say, bring them on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 10:55 AM

Whoohooo for the Houston area gals! Clear Lake, here.

I was having severe night terrors from one of the pain meds I was prescribed. I'd taken brand name tramadol (Tramal) for over 2 years with no ill effects, but when the pharmacy gave me the generic - watch out! I would wake up with heart racing, sweating and twitching. It was horrible. I went back to the pharmacy and talked to them about and they'd never heard of any such reaction. I traded in the generic for Ultram (brand-expensive) and the nightmares cleared up immediately. So you might try a different med.

On another note, I have to say that anesthesia brings out some very interesting dreams, too. After both the diagnostic lap and the hyst I was having full-on wet dreams. Maybe my body/psych was objecting to the doc saying no sex after surgery. Go figure.
Unread 03-19-2008, 10:59 AM

ROFL I noticed if I take two percocets is when I have the scary dreams, almost like it makes me halucinate. I am only taking one now and Ibuprofen inbetween.
Unread 03-19-2008, 11:55 AM

I dont take any pain meds and sometimes I still have vivid nightmares too. I think the dreams are attributing to the insomnia. I'm afraid to sleep because of what I have already dreamed. I watch a lot of crime shows because I'm fascinated with psychology stuff....so my dreams mimic some shows ive watched....very very scary. I wake up sweating, out of breath, etc. So i switched to nick at night...in hopes that I will now dream of Will Smith gettin jiggy with it lol
Unread 03-19-2008, 12:01 PM

Sorry to hear about the bad dreams. I've been fortunate this far and mine have been limited to just two. not as vivid or bad as yours. limiting my pain meds so perhaps it is the hormones. don't want hormone replacement if my doctor will let me go without them, think I'll be better off.
Unread 03-19-2008, 12:04 PM

Clear Lake and Cypress! cool beans. hey, I'm thinking maybe it is the hormones adjusting ... after all, I haven't taken anything, not even ibuprofen since day 2 of the surgery and it's been almost two weeks since then. I don't think my hormones need balancing, it's just the body adjusting to the loss of an organ ... makes sense.
Unread 03-19-2008, 02:06 PM

DREAMS. Yes, def a common tie with us all. I have had dreams of secret trysts with old boyfriends that I haven't thought about in years. One was sort of Delicious. Dreams of my kids and I on a plane but not wearing seatbelts and all the passengers were drinking and laughing. Of having this supernatural God strength and saved three people from a runaway railway car... So crazy.

I hear you...we should all write books.

I also experienced some scary images, even when I just closed my eyes as a few of you have mentioned. I open them immediately and say NO out loud. Weird mind tricks.
Unread 03-19-2008, 03:50 PM

Wow, I never knew that this was common after surgery. I've been having really weird, vivid dreams as well...anything from politics to work to random encounters to really disturbing violence.

Oddly, they all have the overtone of a nightmare, even if logically they aren't scary. I hope this will stop soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register