Share a funny story from your hospitalization! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Share a funny story from your hospitalization! Share a funny story from your hospitalization!

Unread 03-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Share a funny story from your hospitalization!

Well, normally I would ROFL....but best I can do now is LOL. That was great!!!!!

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 11:46 AM

now THAT was a great one- be one with the fart!!
Unread 03-19-2008, 01:11 PM

How about being one with the BM....!!!!!!

(sorry I guess I'm kinda obsessed with that these days.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS

How about being one with the BM....!!!!!!

(sorry I guess I'm kinda obsessed with that these days.)

WARNING

Believe it or not, that is the one thing that I didn't need to be told to become one with. While it was really loose - it came like a mighty rushing wind I was in the hospital for 5 days and 2 days after I got home, it was like my body decided to get comfortable. That is one problem that I did not have (but, I think it's because my diet changed).

Isn't it amazing how and can be openly discussed and be funny!!!
Unread 03-19-2008, 02:08 PM

Renee
  Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHrey
Just get one with the fart and let it go. I mean I have met females that just don't care - become one with the fart.
I can't stop laughing, ouch! You are so funny! Thank you I really needed a laugh even though it hurts!
Unread 03-19-2008, 02:59 PM

I thought of another...when I was in the hospital when I first got back to my room until I left I was so hot. I had my DH turn the heat way down in the low 60's and I was still sweating and hot. My poor DH was wearing his winter jacket! I kept asking him if he wanted a blanket because I was hot and I didn't want it! We live in Colorado and it was also snowing outside poor guy!
Unread 03-19-2008, 04:49 PM

I did something similar yesterday. I was sooooo hot (usually am) and my husband was taking me back to the hospital for my wound check. He was wearing a t-shirt, thermal undershirt, a quilted flannel shirt, jeans, socks, etc. I was in my jammie pants and a tank top (no jacket, sweatshirt, etc.) My husband gets in the car and cranks on the heater.......I was like then I proceeded to open the window...it was 44 degrees in the car BEFORE I opened the window!

God Bless him.....it's a 20 minutes drive to the Navy Hospital and that man shivered the entire way!!!!!
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:49 PM
here's one funny for ya

First of all, I am a nurse. This will help lay the ground work for my story. Following my emergent hysterectomy, I was rooming with an older woman (30-40 years my senior.) During the middle of the night, she needed to go to the bathroom. She called the nurse and began getting out of bed without waiting for assistance. I dove right into action, got out of my bed, IV pole and all, abdomen sutured and all, and began assisting my roommate to the bathroom. I realize "dove right into action" is taking some literary liberty as I did not really "dive" anywhere. The night nurse finally came in and completely busted me being "helpful." Don't know what I was thinking other than, I must have been on some good drugs to believe that I would be able to help her if she fell let alone myself. I got a strong talking to and was threatened with a bed alarm in the event that I found myself needing to "help" anyone else. True story. Jenn
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:09 PM

Am still laughing re becoming one with the fart. I am going to take that thought with me to the castle on Wednesday for sure. Thanks Renee you made my day.
Unread 03-24-2008, 08:00 PM

I was only in hosp one night but the girl in room with me had been there since night before. Apparently, she wasn't warned of gas and BM issues and I felt bad for her. She kept going to bathroom with high hopes and being very dissappointed. I really did feel bad for her. Well, her husband had stayed with her and at one point her phone rang and it was her mother asking how she was. I heard her husband say, "She'd be better if she would just fart." The poor girl was so embarrassed, starting yelling at him.
and I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing.
What made it worse for me was that she was in bathroom constantly and after they took my catheter out i had to pee, which had to be done in a plastic thingy in the toilet so nurse to see, so I had to use the room bathroom. I had to try to hold it, not easy rt. after surgery, in until my roomate decided to give up in bathroom. Then I needed a maxipad because i wanted undies on after they took catheter out and I had to wait for them to re-stock because there were none on floor, (turned out my roomate got last pkg. because she had her period.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register