4 days post op and still no BM..suggestions? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post op and still no BM..suggestions? 4 days post op and still no BM..suggestions?

Unread 03-19-2008, 09:14 AM
4 days post op and still no BM..suggestions?

I used Correctol for "overnight relief". Worked wonders. Took all 3 pills at bedtime and had bm in am. Today I finally had one without a laxitive. They say that it is better to take something orally to "kick start" than to do an enema. It clears you up from the top down (more completely).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 09:33 AM

Please keep in mind that these are the sorts of questions your doctor's office should be addressing. Don't be hesitant to pick up the phone and ask about ANYTHING that concerns you. Taking care of you is your doctor's job and one he or she should be happy to do.

Unread 03-19-2008, 11:16 AM

I was successful on the 5th day post op, same as most of you. I am still drinking two glasses of orange flavored Metamucil and an occasional glass of pruce juice each day. Doing great but unable to give up the vicodin yet, OTC tylenol and advil are not quite cutting it for me.

I am having CRAZY dreams, but they're interesting and beautiful..last night I dreamt of GOD and felt his power thru me, etc. I have NEVER been a very religious person, so this dream totally blew me away. WOW.

Anyone else having WILD dreams? I am also having crazy night sweats (drenching the sheets, nightgowns, etc)

I am confused by this part, as I've had the vivelle patch on since two days post op... Sweats and serious crabbiness. NORMAL????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 11:27 AM

Yeah check out the thread on When will these dreams stop!!
Unread 03-19-2008, 07:37 PM

tcom--

Wow, I'd be VERY wary of using any type of laxative or even softener without my Dr.'s express permission. Only s/he knows exactly what was done to you and therefore can okay something that may or may not be all right for you and your situation.

Please be careful before using any 'over-the-counter' medicine without checking out that specific product with your doctor first.

**I can't imagine taking that ultra nasty sodium-based bowel prep without being 'forced' to. The 3 times I've ever had to do bowel prep have been the worst part of each procedure (1 colonoscopy; 2 surgeries) that I can remember. I truly DESPISE that nauseating feeling and every thing that goes along with it.

I do hope you feel better soon and that everything starts working normally ASAP.

Sending S and good vibes.......
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:39 AM

Certainly keep up the healthy diet - fruits and vegetables. I had a similar problem which resolved itself with the colace. I do know that the percocet can be binding. Keep taking these if you need to but that can be contributing to constipation. Ginna
Unread 03-20-2008, 12:05 PM

Drink lots of water and try walking around a bit. Walking helped me go.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register