period symptoms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

period symptoms period symptoms

Unread 03-19-2008, 06:21 AM
period symptoms

Has anyone else experienced the symptoms of a period without the period?

I am 3 wks post-op and have the headache and cramping feeling I always got right before my period. I thought I was through with all this!

Will this happen every month even though I have nothing left to cause it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 06:37 AM
period symptoms

Do you still have your ovaries? I too had all the "stuff" that goes prior to my period. It actually seemed more intense than normal. Mostly my breast pain and heaviness. I was surprised to find out that you can still have everything that goes with your period except the bleeding. If you still have your ovaries they may still go through a "cycle".
Unread 03-19-2008, 07:40 AM
period symptoms

No, I have nothing, not even a cervix...............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 05:35 PM
period symptoms

Very interesting that this has been brought up. I am 3 months post-op and I have been very moody, cramping, face breaking out, etc just like I was going to start my period. The only thing missing is the bleeding! Glad to hear I am not the only one and I do still have my ovaries.
Unread 03-19-2008, 07:11 PM
period symptoms

Hi Dawn, my name is Dawn too!

My face broke out and the "period migraine" I always got came back along with the cramping. No fair! I am definitely asking about this at my post-op which isn't until 4/7.

Was I under the false impression that ALL of this would go away ? UGH
Unread 03-19-2008, 07:25 PM
period symptoms

Hi Dawn - I never asked my doctor if I would have period like symptoms after my surgery. I guess I thought it would all go away too! I also thought I wouldn't have pap smears anymore, but I do - I guess since I still have my ovaries.
Unread 03-19-2008, 07:54 PM
period symptoms

Interesting I am 5 weeks post of and I having the back pasins, sleepiness etc. tat was associated with my period. I even think I am still ovulating is this possible kept both ovaries and cervix uterus removed.
Unread 03-19-2008, 08:25 PM
period symptoms

I had my period when I went in for my LAVH (cervix removed, still have ovaries). At my 6 week post op, I told my dr that at 4 weeks post op, when my period would be due, I had PMS symptoms. I asked her if it was normal, and if it was going to continue until I went into menopause. (I am 40 and not ready for THAT for another 10 or so years) She said I should not have PMS symptoms, that maybe I overdid it the day before. So, I don't care what anyone says...I had PMS symptoms. Now, I am 8 weeks post op, and had a migraine on Tuesday (which I got every month the day of my period), and guess what? I did the math and my period would have been due that day!
Hmmmmmm......

Lee-Anne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register