Clamps left behind and more - UPDATED - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Clamps left behind and more - UPDATED Clamps left behind and more - UPDATED

Unread 03-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Clamps left behind and more - UPDATED

I do beleive that you are entitled to a copy of your medical records from the hospital. You may have to sign a medical consent form, but I have in the past gotten medical records from the hospital. Good luck with everything. I hope that you get some releif soon.

Take car,
Sugarbear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2008, 05:51 PM
updated clamps left behind.

LAVH dec31st right ovary left in...
catscan-surgical clips are present cystic mass 6.1 cm , pelvic ascites in pelvic.
large complex cystic and solid components, solid component does not have increased doppler flow and measures 4 cm and may represent a blood clot.The entire complex right oavrian process measures, 7.7 by 5.3 by 4.6 cm, the largest cystic component measures 5.2 cm,The finding represent complex cyst or posibilty of mass is not excluded, there is fluid free in pelvis.Multiple cystic components noted also,
They took a c125 test and told me to take birth control????? Why save the ovary there isnt anything else there and what its causin me trouble!This is a new obgyn and he says lets see what the test shows.....
Aye I am so frustrated and surgical clips left in??????? He said they use them for surgery to open vessels why are they still in there?????
Unread 03-21-2008, 06:22 PM

did he answer your questions as to why they are still in there? are they in there to keep vessels open and do they belong in there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2008, 06:50 PM

I would get a second opinion from a gyn. oncologist. They tend to be less cautious about surgery and may recommend surgery before a regular gyn would.

I would not panic about the clips since the doctor does not seem too upset about them but since you most likely will be seeing another doctor, you can ask him or her about the clips.

The birth control sometimes helps ovarian cysts. I know it helps functional cysts and helped me but I don't know about complex cysts.

A gyn. oncologist is always a good choice with gyn surgery second opinions. I did not have anything suspicious but I went to a gyn. onc. because we had alot of family history and he recommended surgery immediately and my gyn was hesitating.
Unread 03-21-2008, 07:09 PM

Surgical clips are meant to be left in (I have several where my gallbladder used to be!), they usually clamp large blood vessles and stop bleeding better than traditional sutures, we see them all the time on CT scans and xrays after surgery, they are made of surgical steel and are designed to remain in the body. I would however push your doc for answers about the acites (fluid) in the pelvis and the results of your c125 test. the Birth control pills are most likely a progesterone which may help reduce the size of the cysts...let your new ob/gyn know you want to sit down and go over the results/plan together, maybe even a gyn/oncolgist consult would help sort out those details
Good luck and keep the communication flowing.
Trish
Unread 03-23-2008, 03:49 PM

I talked to my friends daughter who is a nurse, she said gallbladder clips being left in is totally different then with an ovary and tube, the clips during the hysterectomy are used to open vessels to see what they are doing, they should not have been left in, the new dr didnt want to get into the conversation and with my experience being almost killed before this I dont trust any of them.... Just because the dr didnt seem to be worried means nothing to me they are the ones who ignored staph, 1 , 2 and 3 heavy growth, they are all connected. Not only am I angry and worried about the clips but the fact I am walking around with ascites and a huge mass and possible solid mass, blood clot honkerblonkes me off!Once again these brilliant dr.s took such good care of the patient.My abdomen shows scars and scars because of the ignored infection and 5 surgeries later... I have faith and know God will help me through this, he has and always will.Thank you all for your support I am just very frustrated right now. My prayers are with you.
If the surgical clips are ok to be there thats not even my worry, my worry is the dr missed something being I am told Im getting checked for cancer..... The dr asked me which side had pain I said left but the last time I had pain in my left side it was the right ovary that was bad, well he didnt pay attention to that of what I said and removed the left ovary...
Unread 03-28-2008, 11:08 AM

I still don't understand much of all this, but somehow the word "clip" sound so much better than "clamp" - I was imagining something like what my hubby uses for his woodworking. And it is also reassuring to know that clips are sometimes left in. Hope this thing gets sorted out honey and you are out of your pain and discomfort. I check back every now and then to this post because I am worried for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register