Question about resuming intimacy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about resuming intimacy Question about resuming intimacy

Unread 03-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Question about resuming intimacy

My doctor was also vey very adament 'no SEX for SIX weeks' and looked DIRECTLY at dh..LOL..he said "what did I do?" LOL..I said Your going to do NOTHING!!! Before he cleared me to come home he mentioned it another two times..HA!

In any case only two more weeks left.

I am kind of wondering what it will be like as far as the incision goes? The swelly belly is very unattractive to me...can't see as how it wouldn't be to dh either?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 09:59 AM

These discussions are what makes this site so wonderful - in all the articles and books I've read there were such negative reports of weight gain, lack of interest in sex, etc. This way, we hear from REAL people and their experiences that give us hope that everything will be just fine!
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by musctchr
These discussions are what makes this site so wonderful - in all the articles and books I've read there were such negative reports of weight gain, lack of interest in sex, etc. This way, we hear from REAL people and their experiences that give us hope that everything will be just fine!

Its funny because we always hear the 'bad stuff' and never hear the good..I think if things are good nobody takes the time to talk about it..perhaps in the midst of folks feeling badly they feel guilty? And another thought is when surveys are done its only the negative that gets reported..Dr.s only hear about the bad not the good also..

I guess becuase we have to deal with the bad so very much longer..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 11:18 AM

Yes, I have to agree with everyone here. I am always in the mood, and DH is too. Kinda feel bad for them knowing that they can but we cant. I have tried to help him out, but it just makes me more in the mood. Even just a kiss gets me in the mood, I am settling for a kiss on the cheek in order to avoid but its soooooooo hard to do. I am 3 weeks post op on friday and sure want to be with DH in every way I can, the suspense is killing me. I dont have my six week until 10 april. seems like a long time to wait.

Killing me slowly with suspense!!!
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:50 AM

I read you posts and I am sooooooo jealous! I'm 9 wks out have the okay from the Dr. but have absolutely no desire!!!! My husband and I are very close and loving but I have no sexual urge yet. I am still dealing with some unexplained pain yet (Dr and I are working on that) but pain meds take the pain away long enough to be intimate. I just don't have the desire. Any suggestions?
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:56 AM

I had my 4 week check up today and the doctor said 2 more weeks, and I begged and begged and the doc says " a month ago, 2 months ago you told me sex was not one of your desires and now you are begging for me to clear you" and I said "well 2 months ago I was in pain and had the fear of bleeding all the time" LOL!! Anyhoos he said I still have internal stitches that are not healed yet, 2 more weeks and I asked for suggestions and he said to take it slow, and not to bottom out? But to be slow and take our time..LOL!! Easier said than done, LOL!!
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:58 AM

Menoherone, so sorry ... I don't know but your doc could work with you on hormonal balance.

well, I had my 2 week post op yesterday and I specifically asked my doctor about what is allowed and not allowed as far as sexual contact with hubby. he said everything is allowed EXCEPT penetration. he said the only concern, in my case since it's a TVH, is inside the vagina. so as long as we refrain from penetration of any kind, anything goes. (don't want to get descriptive but there are ways to have an orgasm). that to me was great news! in fact, he told me an orgasm wouldn't hurt anything inside and to enjoy them.

:-) YAY!

full benefits after 6 weeks.
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:58 AM
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by menoherone
I read you posts and I am sooooooo jealous! I'm 9 wks out have the okay from the Dr. but have absolutely no desire!!!! My husband and I are very close and loving but I have no sexual urge yet. I am still dealing with some unexplained pain yet (Dr and I are working on that) but pain meds take the pain away long enough to be intimate. I just don't have the desire. Any suggestions?

I know that I am only a few weeks in, but I could suggest starting slowly. Go out on a date, enjoy a glass of wine, share some laughs and start doing things that you used to do. Act like teenagers, kissing and take things day by day. Eventually you will regain your feelings, it just takes time.

Best of luck and dont worry it will all work out!
Unread 03-20-2008, 12:22 PM

I'm seven days post-op and I asked my DH about it the other day. He laughted at me and said you just had major surgery and can't sit up but you want to be with me. Is there anything that will slow you down? LOL! I agree I can't wait for the BIG night!
Unread 03-20-2008, 03:12 PM

menoherone-----taking pain meds with take the desire away completely. I was on morphine for 3 years prior to my spine surgery and believe me there was no desire for sex at all. Got off the pain meds and the desire comes back in force. Hopes this helps

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register