Yeast infection and itchy incisions ~ anyone else? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yeast infection and itchy incisions ~ anyone else? Yeast infection and itchy incisions ~ anyone else?

Unread 03-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Yeast infection and itchy incisions ~ anyone else?

When I went to the doc to have my staples removed (which wasn't as bad as I had anticipated!), she diagnosed a yeast infection, just from the smell! Not only a vaginal infection, but also in the apron of skin over my tummy (I've lost more than 150lbs in the past two years, so I have a lot of extra skin!) She prescribed Diflucan, which I've used with good results in the past. I also got some chewable acidophilus (the "good" bacteria found in yogurt) at Wal Mart, and have added that twice a day to my supplement regimen. Acidophilus will help "re-populate" the good bacteria in your body, off-setting the results of antibiotics and such.

As for itching, as crazy-making as it is, it's a good thing, because it's a sign of healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2008, 03:57 PM

Hi kyto73...aka fellow "daVinci girl"...you helped me earlier today, maybe I can help you.

My doc prescribed a vaginal premarin cream that I insert vaginally 3X week. I left the hospital with that Rx and filled it on the way home. I've been using it since I had my stitches out on 3/10. He told me it will help with internal healing, otherwise I'll probably experience symptoms that mirror a yeast infection. But he made it clear that nothing else vaginally ! I haven't noticed any symptoms vaginally. I never even had any bleeding.

Just wanted to share...

Take Care
Unread 03-21-2008, 03:58 PM

surferbabe,
I was surprised about monistat too, otherwise I would've just done it myself. The itching is more from the remaining steri-strips and healing,(I hope) What really P.o'd me is that the nurse never even asked how I was feeling or anything. I wish Dr.'s and their personal nurse's would learn more people skills. I may be one of a hundred patients but It would be nice to feel a little concern from them.
Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2008, 04:05 PM

Sep1992
I'm one week post-op. Not enough pain or discomfort for meds but have you noticed that the spot where the camera was in is a tad more tender than the rest? Any bleeding or spotting? I have had nothing. I think that is why this yeast thing thru me off. I feel tired but not too terrible. Heaven forbid I sneeze though.

Tahireh.
I used acidopholus a few yrs ago and it gave me constipation and I didn't need any help with that rt. now. LOL. Thanks anyway. I know a lot of people who swear by it. Eating yogurt works well too, of course, I can't stand yogurt.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register