1 week postop visit went well UNTIL well .... just read it...LOL | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week postop visit went well UNTIL well .... just read it...LOL 1 week postop visit went well UNTIL well .... just read it...LOL

Unread 03-20-2008, 04:36 PM
1 week postop visit went well UNTIL well .... just read it...LOL

I am so tired of the gas, blood, poop, hormones and having my legs in the air or in stirrups when this is over I do not want to see a doctors office unless it's for my annual.

One week postop today. Though I would be well rested but after another sleepless night and a morning of touring the insurance assesor around my house up and down the stairs for a roof leak(new roof too) that has sprung up and ruined 3 rooms I am now just plain exhausted!!!

Uro/Gyn wanted to check my bladdersling and she was really happy, had to drain some residual urine but said she was happy with the amount and the urinary issues will only get better and all the swelling will be down in 5 weeks when she sees me again. I didn't have to wait in the waiting room she had me wait in an exam room so I could lie down on the table. I had brought my pillow along for the car and chair so DH who went with said I had the deluxe suite today! Then I shuffled across the hall to the Gyn that did the hysto and got the same lovely service (I love them) I laid on my side on my pillow with my head propped up during the conversation......LOL I was going for comfort, I couldn't sit on the edge of the table. Surgeon was really happy with progress but only did external check. Gave me 3 more days of percocet changed to 6 hours. Said my ovaries should be back to being use to less sources of blood supply before another week is up. Bowels are working 3 BM's since surgery but none in the last two. I can take Melatonin for the insomnia and if it doesn't work she will prescribe me something.

So all went well, DH got me a burger of which I only had the fries, picked up my pain meds and new antibiotic, we're good here.....

UNTIL I GOT HOME!!

I had a good urge for BM....here is where it get's gross, embarrising and weird.... I am sitting there on the "throne" doing the BM jive from side to side forward but ITS STUCK no going out of back in.....so in the name of science I thought let me just feel if what is going on down south maybe I can put some pressure on the posterior vaginal wall and help things along. BOY I could feel my full bowel bulge al the way into the vaginal canal and my rectum area was bulged huge....In all seriousness looked like I was crowning a baby! And blood from the vaginal area due to the pushing. I pull out my cell and call DH downstairs and said "you better bring me a mirror because Houston is having a problem.

So it's 4pm and I call my Gyn, tell the nurse how imbarresed I am and just came from there. Doctor says get a fleet enema.

This is where the award for husband of the year goes to my hubby. We have a pharmacy down the street....so off went my Prince Valliant to buy an enema (he was worried what they would think of him...LOL) Give's me the box and leaves.

So there I sit laughing as I am looking at the instructions and the picture on the box. I am suppose to be on the floor BUTT in the air and empty the bottle. How in the world am I going to do this myself?? I am NOT calling him to help with this part! It took a contorsionist but got it done, problem solved! Man what a day!

Thanks for letting me share, this is the only place I can share my poop stories and it be appreciated! Love to all of you!

I am outa here.....off to dreamland!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 04:47 PM

Gotta love our Knights in Shining Armor!

Now there is a visual...Your Prince Valiant galloping off to the pharmacy on(in?) his white charger and returning with an enema to rescue his fair lady from the Poop Dragon! Don't you just love happy endings?

Hugs,
Unread 03-20-2008, 04:53 PM

LOL OMG what we women go through. He said he has empathy but really cannot fully understand as he doesn't have a vijayjay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 05:24 PM

Nicole: I had a similar situation alone on the porcelain thrown.Wondering how on earth when I have eatten nothing but soft food,salads & raisin bran & stool softner can I have this brick in my but, that wont come loose.I opted for the suppository as the weapon of choice. I dont know what is in a ducolax suppository it does work but my but hole was on fire . Other than a tender belly and the workout that occurs when you have to poop.It hasnt been to bad.But that brick incident I believe contributed to my soreness today.I have considered Metamucil but I dont want gas that hurts as much as a poop.I hadn't shared this story with anyone but fealt safe after yours.I commend your bravery I would have been afraid of the fleet.
Unread 03-20-2008, 05:26 PM

Oh my gosh I think I just busted one of my stitches laughing so hard. Oh man...whew! Almost fell out of my chair and now I have this huge spray of coffee all over my computer screen! Thanks for the laugh, Nicole!
Unread 03-20-2008, 06:14 PM

You ladies crack me up
Unread 03-20-2008, 06:30 PM

OMG......You are just waaaaayyyy tooooo funny!!!!!

I can relate to the enema situation.....for my prep before surgery......I was like how in the heck am I suppossed to do. Even after 25 years I was too embarrassed to ask hubby for help.

But here we are not 11 days postop and who's packing my wound every two hours........my own personal Prince Valient!!!!!

What a hoot!!!!!!
Unread 03-20-2008, 06:50 PM

oh nicole you are too funny. i was laughing soo hard, thank goodness i am not having poop issues, only thta i am more regular than ever. i find gas is very painful and poop is just poop!
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:21 PM

OMG that was seriously funny! You feel better now? Who would've thought pooping is the highlight of our days. And it really is a workout. Thanks for the visuals. My DH wouldn't even know how to approach that one.
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:27 PM

Oh my - And I thought I was done with my stiches hurting!! I haven't laughed that hard in a while. This too shall pass ladies and the bricks in the butt and giving birth to the poops will be behind you!!! Hahahahaha

FYI - My Dr had me start using the metamucil wafers. They work like a CHARM and I am off the Miralax now and cutting back on the stool softeners. I am 6 weeks out from surgery #2 tomorrow.

Thanks for the laughs,

Starbgirl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register